Playoff scoring

JETS SB

Playoff scoring

Post by JETS SB » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:19 pm

Questions about the live scoring..

1) % owned is messed up... numbers don't add up. Says Alex Smith is owned 0.48% but no team has as many points as Alex Smith has on his own.

2) Can we somehow scroll down to see the entire leaderboard?

There are other minor issues, but just trying to figure all of this out..

Money

Re: Playoff scoring

Post by Money » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:30 pm

JETS SB wrote:Questions about the live scoring..

1) % owned is messed up... numbers don't add up. Says Alex Smith is owned 0.48% but no team has as many points as Alex Smith has on his own.

Ya, I don't get it. I have 44.4 points on one team and it shows me in 21st place.
Joe

Money

Post by Money » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Showing accurate now.
Joe

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Not a huge fan of Hilton percentage rising throughout the game and we cannot see past 20 teams.

Money

Post by Money » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Not a huge fan of Hilton percentage rising throughout the game and we cannot see past 20 teams.
Yes, these are questions that will need answers to improve the game in the future. How does somebody's % rise after the games have started?
Joe

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:08 pm

There were problems with the percentages the entire first game, but I can tell you that Jamaal Charles percentages went up the entire game as well, ending up at 96% (in the $200 league). Up until the last TD, Alex Smith had the most points, and there remained only 1 team in the $100 and $200 leagues, that had him, so it is likely there was just a glitch in the shown %..

Money

Post by Money » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:44 pm

I have no problem with posting the %'s, just let them be accurate. The integrity of the game is at stake if they are not accurate. Nobody questions the integrity of the NNFC, the integrity of the software or it's design may come into question here.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:53 pm

JETS SB wrote:Questions about the live scoring..

The entire scoreboard needs to show and it will. No question about that.

I've asked about the % Owned. Both contests were combined to show players selected. If that's not showing that correctly, I'll ask to find where it's wrong or if it is wrong.

We were trying to get Live Scoring faster than we had during the NFFC season and thus the Leaderboard was limited to Top 20 with your team under that and your points in comparison to the leaders. But obviously we need a full leaderboard so you can see everyone's standing and link to any other team, not just the Top 20. The request is in. Sorry folks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:02 am

I guess we can't follow along if we did not enter the contest.... When clicking on the "overall" contest standings for both the $100 and $200 I get a strange request to enter my user name and ID.... Oh well, good luck to all of you. I have a feeling Luck will carry Indy past the next round and probably to the Super Bowl. I never saw anything like that before.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Jersey Dawg wrote:I guess we can't follow along if we did not enter the contest.... When clicking on the "overall" contest standings for both the $100 and $200 I get a strange request to enter my user name and ID.... Oh well, good luck to all of you. I have a feeling Luck will carry Indy past the next round and probably to the Super Bowl. I never saw anything like that before.
We will post overall standings for each contest on the Message Boards after the week is done. Right now we don't have complete standings on the Leaderboard for those in the contest to see, but we'll add $100 and $200 links this week. We certainly want you to see the complete Leaderboard of teams in each contest. Right now you can only compare your Live Score to the Top 20 teams in each contest. Our bad and we'll get standings links added this week for complete listings.

We finished with 280 teams in the $200 contest and 584 teams in the $100 contest. ROI is better than expected in the $200 contest and we'll post a new prize structure for the $100 contest this week. Thanks for all your participation this week and enjoy.

Folks are also asking for a breakdown of players used in each of the separate contests. I'll see if I can get that data posted as well. Right now the percentages are based on the contests combined, which is helpful but not as helpful as knowing what the breakdown is for the contest you're competing in. We'll see if we can get that for you before you set your Week 2 lineups.

Good luck all. Great weekend of games so far. Now let's get the complete standings viewable for you.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius