Time For Nominations For NFFC Hall of Fame

BLACKHAND

Re: Time For Nominations For NFFC Hall of Fame

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:04 pm

JETS SB wrote:I believe there are 2 worthy hall of fame nominees. (there are others, but I think these two stand out to me)

Chad Schroeder - Far and away the biggest money winner of all time, despite the thought that he spends the most, it is still very difficult to win as much as he does. Its a no brainer in my mind.

Glenn Schroter - In the top 10 money winners of all time and I don't believe he was won an overall title, which is hard to do. He has been successful in nearly every format in the NFFC and he has been a consistent winner over a period of 10 years.
no question here with these two. honestly leaving one of these two out would be a mockery of the hof here.

ok two more names to consider. billy waz and eddie gillis. i know some of you will say that i mention that cause they are
" my boyz " but money earned WITHOUT a title and the consistency over the years make these two stand out. much respect with there game.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:08 pm

JETS SB wrote:I believe there are 2 worthy hall of fame nominees. (there are others, but I think these two stand out to me)

Chad Schroeder - Far and away the biggest money winner of all time, despite the thought that he spends the most, it is still very difficult to win as much as he does. Its a no brainer in my mind.

Glenn Schroter - In the top 10 money winners of all time and I don't believe he was won an overall title, which is hard to do. He has been successful in nearly every format in the NFFC and he has been a consistent winner over a period of 10 years.
No argument from me on those two guys.

Without looking at the data, Waz is another guy who plays every league tough. Gillis is a really good player too Frank, I just haven't seen him around much in recent years.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Sent Greg my nominations for HOF. Had nothing to do with titles or career earnings. I went off of personal feelings and those feelings are players I do not like seeing in my leagues because I respect their game. For me personally that's how I judge who the best of the best are here in the NFFC.

I also don't like rankings. I think you could name 20-25 players and say that they are the best players around on any given day
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:38 am

I'm sure we all keep our eye on a few names every year to see if they are in our leagues that we're drafting in because we respect their game. For me its Mike Edelman, I just think hes a great fantasy player and every league I've been in with him is a battle and hes always competitive. I dont know what his numbers are or how many teams he has each year because I dont look for that or care similar to what Nelson said, I just go off of guys that each year I say to myself, there he is again when looking at the standings.

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:44 am

The Franchise wrote:I went off of personal feelings and those feelings are players I do not like seeing in my leagues because I respect their game. For me personally that's how I judge who the best of the best are here in the NFFC.
That has been my exact thought too... someone I really don't want to see in my league. Couldn't agree more Nelson.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed May 07, 2014 1:17 am

greenwichsttavern wrote:I'm sure we all keep our eye on a few names every year to see if they are in our leagues that we're drafting in because we respect their game. For me its Mike Edelman, I just think hes a great fantasy player and every league I've been in with him is a battle and hes always competitive. I dont know what his numbers are or how many teams he has each year because I dont look for that or care similar to what Nelson said, I just go off of guys that each year I say to myself, there he is again when looking at the standings.

Agree. Mike Edelman might be the best around. Tremendous player.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed May 07, 2014 6:18 am

Agree on edelman

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:31 am

+1 on Edelman. We always seem to end up in his main events - behind him like most others.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Wed May 07, 2014 10:26 am

Jersey Dawg wrote:
Money wrote:Chad Schroeder should be in the first class of inductees. Year in and year out he has competitive and winning teams in multiple national contests, individual leagues and in multiple formats. This is a no-brainer choice in my opinion.
I agree with this statement 100%. This guy deserves that special recognition.

Pete
In Baseball, there's a decent number of guys I try to avoid when signing up for my leagues; but in Football, there is only one guy I cringe when I see him in my league and it's Chad. He'd get my vote if I only got one bullet.