SOLD OUT: $150 Draft Champions 4

got heeem

Re: SOLD OUT: $150 Draft Champions 4

Post by got heeem » Sun May 04, 2014 4:28 pm

I do think that the guys timing out and using all 8 hrs most of the time . Will kill these slow drafts one day . I have 2 friends who will not play them any more because of that . The one finished in the top 25 , 2 yrs ago and still won't play .I will wait for some Friday fast /slows or 4 hr ones .

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Sun May 04, 2014 4:49 pm

Seems like this could be remedied in the future by significantly reducing the time to pick from 8 hours and then giving each player an 8 hour (or something like that) one-time bank for the rare situations where they actually need the 8 hours? Haven't played draft champions leagues myself, just throwing out ideas that would prevent people from abusing the time limits.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon May 05, 2014 6:03 am

I'll make my last comment on this matter.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with the slow drafts the way they are. There are drafters that are going to take their time and not care about the pace of the draft, for whatever reason. That's okay with me, but if I experience that or hear of drafters like that, I will avoid them in future drafts if I can, hence the reason for my comment. There are other drafters out there that share my opinion and appreciate the heads up regarding "slow" drafters. It's their right to play by the rules, and it's my option to avoid drafting in the same league with them. This situation is one of the reasons we have the "express drafts".
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Mon May 05, 2014 7:36 am

love express drafts . played 3 cashed in 2 .played 3 slowwww cashed 0 .

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon May 05, 2014 11:50 am

got heeem wrote:love express drafts . played 3 cashed in 2 .played 3 slowwww cashed 0 .

You must do better when you don't have time to think.... :D

Wayne

afv

Post by afv » Mon May 05, 2014 12:20 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:I'll make my last comment on this matter.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with the slow drafts the way they are. There are drafters that are going to take their time and not care about the pace of the draft, for whatever reason. That's okay with me, but if I experience that or hear of drafters like that, I will avoid them in future drafts if I can, hence the reason for my comment. There are other drafters out there that share my opinion and appreciate the heads up regarding "slow" drafters. It's their right to play by the rules, and it's my option to avoid drafting in the same league with them. This situation is one of the reasons we have the "express drafts".
Appreciate the heads up as I try to avoid drafts with inconsiderate drafters. The odd time out is explainable but back-to-backs and/or timeouts without communication kills the draft. Dough tried to compile a 'list of names' for baseball drafts but that didn't go over so well. I'm looking forward to seeing a few leagues set up for like minded DC drafters that would like to get 5+ rounds in a day.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Mon May 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Coltsfan wrote:
got heeem wrote:love express drafts . played 3 cashed in 2 .played 3 slowwww cashed 0 .

You must do better when you don't have time to think.... :D

Wayne
:lol: I always thought it was that the other teams, they have all day to look over the draft.and not think on the fly . I love the slow draft format ( all play ) just don't like the 8 long hours for every pick .could we have some for 4 hrs and shut down over night .if not I will wait on express only this year.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue May 13, 2014 1:48 pm

FYI - he's been drafting at a very nice pace these last few days. No issues at all so the drafts are moving again.

Wayne