Where Are The Top Rookies Going?

Greg Ambrosius

Where Are The Top Rookies Going?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 07, 2014 10:38 am

Let's see some predictions on where the top skill position rookies are going tomorrow night. Does Johnny Football go to Cleveland? Does Sammy Watkins go to Jacksonville or Oakland? With 6-7 Wide Receivers projected to go in the First Round and 3-4 QBs projected to go in the First Round, this could be a fun draft to watch for fantasy owners.

Tom and I will make our predictions tonight on the STATS Fantasy Advantage on SiriusXM. It's all about the NFL Draft and our NFFC draft results tonight on the show, which starts at 10 pm ET. Tune in to 210/87 for the show.

Let's see some of your picks and we'll air them during our show. Where do you think these top guys are going and why?

I still think the Browns take Manziel and Watkins goes to Oakland. I think Jacksonville will go with defense third overall. Mike Evans to the Bucs and Odell Beckham Jr. to the Jets seem like two easy picks.

Okay, give us your insights and we'll use them on the air. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

76erfan

Re: Where Are The Top Rookies Going?

Post by 76erfan » Wed May 07, 2014 10:50 am

Ebron to the Ravens

Cooks to Eagles

Bortles to Arizona

Marquise Lee to the Chiefs

Latimer to 49ers

Bridgewater to Texans in 2nd round

allen Robinson to Panthers in 2nd

Jordan Matthews to Saints in 2nd

kelvin Benjamin to Rams in 2nd

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:48 am

I'd like to see the Browns pass on a QB at 4 and grab Watkins or Evans to pair up with Gordon, Hawkins and Cameron. 8-)
Then maybe a QB at 1.26 but giving starter nod to Hoyer.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed May 07, 2014 4:50 pm

Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed May 07, 2014 5:27 pm

From a fantasy football perspective these are the players I like the most. Depending on where they go could change my mind too.

QB - Johnny Manziel - Only QB in this draft that can step in day 1 as a starter and be fantasy relevant IMO. Bortles reminds me of Tannehill. Hasn't played QB much so needs time behind a clipboard.

RB - Ka'Deem Carey - My favorite RB this year. He reminds me of Ryan Mathews. He doesn't have a 2nd gear, but more of a slasher who hits the hole 100 mph. Has good hands. I think he goes to the Ravens in 2nd or 3rd round. Good fit in Kubiak's zone blocking scheme with Rice possibly on his last legs and Pierce didn't impress me at all last year (Could be added weight).

RB - Charles Sims - My second favorite RB. Almost an identical clone to Matt Forte. Great in the passing game. Depending where he goes could contribute right away. I could see a team like the Bears take him with no one behind Forte or the Patriots who I have heard rumors of liking him a lot.

WR - Sammy Watkins - Reminds me of a bigger Percy Harvin. Where ever he goes he will be a factor from day 1.

WR - Jordan Mathews - Reminds me of Jordy Nelson. Very underrated. I think he is a great route runner and the most complete WR coming out and why I like a team like the Panthers to take him. They have nothing at WR and need a guy that can step in right away.

TE - Jace Amaro - Jimmy Graham 2.0 - I see people comparing Ebron to Vernon Davis. I watched the combine, Pro day and games of him and he is no VD that's for sure. Amaro has a lot of upside, but TE's have a hard time making an impact their rookie year. More of a year 2 guy (Dynasty, keeper)
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Wed May 07, 2014 9:18 pm

Bill's trade up for Sammy Watkins! Buffalo's brain trust is all in on Manuel and want him to succeed. Watkins looks like the best player in draft.

Manziel to the Browns. It makes sense and I am using my gut here. Manziel is of course the hardest player to figure out where he goes.

Falcons take the best OT on the board. My guess Mathews. This is the easiest prediction. Not a skill player but he will help many skill guys out!!

Houston trades away Clowney rights and makes this one of the most interesting and deep drafts of recent memory!! I say they draft Bortles and Mack. Rams would be the Team here to make it happen.

Detroit makes some noise here too. Or maybe they just draft Ebron at ten.

Raiders screw up in draft as always. That's just what they do. Maybe they draft Evans and he is just another JJ Stokes.

I see Carlos Hyde going to Denver. They put mucho-deneiro into their Defense. A Lacy-like RB might be the ticket to a SB victory.

And finally why is Bellichick considered a genius? He drafted Brady in the 6th round. Where are they without that lucky pick and the Tuck Rule? Sorry lifelong Bill's Fan with a bone to pick.

These are just stabs in the dark I know but hey you never know.

GO BILL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu May 08, 2014 11:05 pm

WOW!!! Great Stuff!!!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu May 08, 2014 11:12 pm

If Denver takes Hyde in 2nd round I am playing the Lotto all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

afv

Post by afv » Fri May 09, 2014 7:04 am

David U Kennedy wrote:WOW!!! Great Stuff!!!
self high five. Go Bills!

afv

Post by afv » Fri May 09, 2014 7:05 am

Huge night for Cleveland