Trendsetters 2014

BigBlueNation

Re: Trendsetters 2014

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed May 28, 2014 8:04 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:So my final roster:

QB - Aaron Rodgers, EJ Manuel, Chad Henne

RB - Doug Martin, Ryan Mathews, Steven Ridley, Terrance West, Tre Mason, Devonte Freeman, Joseph Randle, Charles Sims

WR - AJ Green, Marques Colston, Sammy Watkins, Deandre Hopkins, Brandin Cooks, Golden Tate, Darick Rogers, Stephen Hill, Charles Johnson, Robert Herron

TE - Vernon Davis, Travis Kelce, Austin Seferian-Jenkins

D - Bengals, Ravens, Titans

K - Mason Crosby, Alex Henery, Maikon Bonani

Always one of the most fun and competitive drafts of the year, I had a blast once again. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out and already looking forward to next year's draft.

First of all, I think Glenn's team is outstanding. This is a 14 team league we started after SB and finished the first 24 rounds in the month of February. I venture to say we all have "wasted pix" on our 30 man rosters. Martin, Matthews and Ridley are all RB1's and his rookie RB's are all going to challenge for PT. Colston is still the #2 receiving option in NO, and with Moore gone, Stills and Cooks are going to get targets. Watkins is the ONLY WR in Buffalo. GTate and DHop are WR2's and going to get targets this year and don't sell CJohnson too short, he has the ability. I'm not a big VDavis fan this year, but he's a good TE1 and Kelce/S-Jenkins could be capable BYE week/BAD week replacements.

JM2cents
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Wed May 28, 2014 10:33 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:So my final roster:

RB - Doug Martin, Ryan Mathews, Steven Ridley, Terrance West, Tre Mason, Devonte Freeman, Joseph Randle, Charles Sims

WR - AJ Green, Marques Colston, Sammy Watkins, Deandre Hopkins, Brandin Cooks, Golden Tate, Darick Rogers, Stephen Hill, Charles Johnson, Robert Herron

Always one of the most fun and competitive drafts of the year, I had a blast once again. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out and already looking forward to next year's draft.

First of all, I think Glenn's team is outstanding. This is a 14 team league we started after SB and finished the first 24 rounds in the month of February. I venture to say we all have "wasted pix" on our 30 man rosters. Martin, Matthews and Ridley are all RB1's and his rookie RB's are all going to challenge for PT. Colston is still the #2 receiving option in NO, and with Moore gone, Stills and Cooks are going to get targets. Watkins is the ONLY WR in Buffalo. GTate and DHop are WR2's and going to get targets this year and don't sell CJohnson too short, he has the ability. I'm not a big VDavis fan this year, but he's a good TE1 and Kelce/S-Jenkins could be capable BYE week/BAD week replacements.

JM2cents
Ok brother sounds good. Just giving my 2 cents after the fact. Watkins is a great talent but he is not the only WR in Buff. Woods and Williams will contribute. I love that Buffalo traded up for Watkins but as we all know rookie WR's have a learning curve. I did say I liked his RBs so no disagreement there. I just don't see Hopkins, and Colston, as difference makers. Brees spreads things around so he will probably be fools gold. I don't see any lotto tickets at WR or actual contributors. Why are you so compelled to defend his team? And most of all why do you mention Stills?

afv

Post by afv » Thu May 29, 2014 7:17 am

Glenneration X wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:
So my final roster:

Is this a DC? If you guys open this up for new entries next year I would like to try my luck.

Solid 14 teamer. Nice overall mix with plenty of potential to hit a solid RB2. I think Tate is a solid WR3 to plug-in early on and watch Watkins and Cooks. Colston makes for a fine cigar butt - he was fine down the stretch and with Sproles & Moore gone he should be a nice #2.

Good luck!

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu May 29, 2014 7:39 am

David Kennedy,

How would you feel about this team from last year?

Peyton/Palmer

McCoy/Forte/McFadden/Donald Brown/Daniel Thomas/Isaac Redman/KNile Davis/Beanie

Greg Jennings/Bowe/Miles/Denarius/Sidney/Nate Burleson/Josh Moargan/Meach

Jermichael/Fleener/Delanie/Garrett Graham/Fasano

2 Def/3 Kickers

How does this team fare?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu May 29, 2014 7:40 am

afv,

Get with me towards the end of the year and remind me. We didn't have anyone leave this past year and we have had a waiting list the last couple of years but we'll see what happens.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 29, 2014 8:53 am

Guys, I'm interested in knowing who the top rookies were in order after the NFL Draft was over. In other words, did the owner who took Rookie 1 take Sammy Watkins or Bishop Sankey? Did the owner with Rookie 4 take Brandin Cooks or Carlos Hyde? I'd love to see a list of the rookies who were taken in order from the Trendsetters once you knew where they were drafted. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

afv

Post by afv » Thu May 29, 2014 8:57 am

Coltsfan wrote:afv,

Get with me towards the end of the year and remind me. We didn't have anyone leave this past year and we have had a waiting list the last couple of years but we'll see what happens.

Wayne

Will do

Thanks

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu May 29, 2014 9:14 am

1. Bishop Sankey
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Mike Evans
4. Kelvin Benjamin
5. Brandin Cooks
6. Jeremy Hill
7. Terrance West
8. Jace Amaro
9. Tre Mason
10 Carlos Hyde
11. Jordan Matthews
12. Devonta Freeman
13. Eric Ebron
14. Marqise Lee

That was the entire rookie draft. As we resumed the next phase there were lots of rookies that flew off the board. This list probably doens't mean a ton as people were picking based on the needs they had for their roster. I picked first and desparetly needed a RB so I had to go Sankey.

Wayne

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu May 29, 2014 10:31 am

Coltsfan wrote:David Kennedy,

How would you feel about this team from last year?

Peyton/Palmer

McCoy/Forte/McFadden/Donald Brown/Daniel Thomas/Isaac Redman/KNile Davis/Beanie

Greg Jennings/Bowe/Miles/Denarius/Sidney/Nate Burleson/Josh Moargan/Meach

Jermichael/Fleener/Delanie/Garrett Graham/Fasano

2 Def/3 Kickers

How does this team fare?
I'm guessing this team won despite the suck at WR. Those RBS are obviously awesome and Peyton carried a lot of teams last year. Thing is I don't think his top 2 RBs will be even that close to your example. Also Rogers is a great QB but its unlikely he puts up the numbers Peyton did last year. Good luck to him but I think the WRs could be not that good. But I could be wrong.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 29, 2014 10:34 am

Coltsfan wrote:1. Bishop Sankey
2. Sammy Watkins
3. Mike Evans
4. Kelvin Benjamin
5. Brandin Cooks
6. Jeremy Hill
7. Terrance West
8. Jace Amaro
9. Tre Mason
10 Carlos Hyde
11. Jordan Matthews
12. Devonta Freeman
13. Eric Ebron
14. Marqise Lee

That was the entire rookie draft. As we resumed the next phase there were lots of rookies that flew off the board. This list probably doens't mean a ton as people were picking based on the needs they had for their roster. I picked first and desparetly needed a RB so I had to go Sankey.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne. This is very helpful information. It's interesting to see how far Carlos Hyde fell by going to San Francisco. Good info.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius