Thunderstruck Wins Week 10 Prize

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:02 pm

Originally posted by g money:
hi this is gerard rick's partner thank you guys for the comments
gerard sambola Sorry Gerard, you are rarely on the boards.

Congrats to you also! :D

My only question is who gets the Carlos Rogers picture????? ;)

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:54 pm

First Billy ... then Rick and Gerard nice Chi Grudge showing ... congrats.
Hakuna Matata!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:26 am

The football season is a busy time. There are weekly strategy sessions; countless hours of preparations and plenty of travel miles.

No, we’re not talking about your typical NFL team. This is a regular week for Rick Hart and Gerard Sambola.

And last week, all that hard work paid off nicely as their Thunderstruck in Chicago League 2 for finished first in the NFFC last week with 236.30 points.

Hart works for a construction company in Homestead, Fla., while Sambola is the owner of a printing distributorship in Metairie, LA. Think the fact the two of them reside in different states is an impediment to their weekly planning for the NFFC?

Guess again.

“We burn up a lot of gas and cell phone minutes during the football season, but it gives Gerard a break from work,” Hart said.

They made all the right moves last week. Huge weeks from Carson Palmer (38.9 points) and Willie Parker (35.5) led the way for their standout week. Marques Colston (26.9), Donte Stallworth (25.9) and Thomas Jones (18.8) also delivered big weeks.

“Gerard and I are honored to have won a week against this competition as we have been wondering whether or not our No. 14 pick Draft Day strategy would ever pay off,” Hart said. “We figured our only chance out of the No. 14 spot was to draft one of the big two receiving combos – Manning/Harrison or Palmer/Johnson. When the No. 13 pick in the first round took Manning our choice was made.

“We wanted two running backs to go with them in the first four rounds and with Bettis gone and feeling we could get Palmer on the next turn we opted for Parker in the first with Chad on the turn. Patrick Welsh and I had drafted these two the same picks in the Draft Champions the day before so this was déjà vu for me.”

That helped their draft get off to a quality start and then the duo added some quality picks after that as well, snaring Deuce McAllister in the sixth round; Stallworth in the seventh and Colston in the 16th.

“Having half of our lineup involved in the two big shootouts of the week certainly made us look intelligent this week,” Hart said. “With the Bengals and Saints playing each other, Parker and Jones running against bottom five defenses and Stallworth going against Tennessee, we are looking for another big week to put pressure in our league on Billy Wasosky and get ourselves in position to give Jules McLean a run for the $100,000.”

The enjoyment of the NFFC competition has been a needed tonic for both men. Sambola has spent the last year rebounding from the effects of Hurricane Katrina while Hart has moved three times in the past five months for professional reasons, going from South Carolina to Arkansas to Florida.

“Top that off with moving my mom from San Antonio to an assisted living facility in Louisiana in July and then having her pass away the Tuesday before the draft and it’s a wonder I’m even in this event this year,” Hart said. This has been one of the most challenging years of my life, which makes this week even more gratifying.”

For finishing first last week Hart and Sambola win an autographed Carolos Rogers photograph courtesy of Upper Deck Authenticated.

[ November 15, 2006, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Post by renman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:41 am

I enjoy these stories... Nice to see it come together like this... aggressive strategy from the 14 hole... well done... I was impressed when reading the first post in this thread that showed an impressive performance and made no mention of Chad Johnson...lol Wow

[ November 15, 2006, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

gerard

Post by gerard » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:05 pm

i gerard will get the prize since rick does not know what team Carolos Rogers plays for but to tell you the true i don't know either. i just hope to get in the playoffs
gerard sambola