If you want to sign up for a super slow draft ...

kjduke

Re: If you want to sign up for a super slow draft ...

Post by kjduke » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:28 am

bald is beautiful wrote:
kjduke wrote:
As Greg and I have both said, this player is not playing in the DCs for the time being. I posted earlier in the thread that he hasn't signed up for one in two weeks. If this person is preventing anyone from signing up that shouldn't be an issue and hasn't been for nearly two weeks now. We've had around 10 straight DC leagues sell out that he hasn't been a part of. So all the talk about him keeping people from playing fell by the wayside nearly two weeks ago. He's not playing in the DCs any longer so everyone who has been avoiding him can all sign up en masse.
Since I think it was mentioned he went across the street to play somewhere else, he's probably pissing off a bunch of people at one of the other site's, so everyone in that league might be looking at the NFFC for a faster draft ... a real chance to bring in some new customers, Tom. :lol:
In all fairness to Paul, he has been great in the "other" league. I was fearful of drafting with him and posted that in this thread, but so far he has been very responsive and is communicating well. Most of his picks have been pretty quick.
Dietzman was in the league that prompted me to start this thread, and while he started slow he picked it up as we went along so he was not one of the two guys I mentioned --- both of which were far slower than him.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:17 pm

What about this guy? Tony Graupensperger

He's in every, and I mean EVERY DC draft I've seen, whether it be a slow, express, 4 hr...I went back about 15 drafts and stopped, that's crazy stuff. I was reluctant to sign up in the one I'm in now when I saw his name, (wasn't sure how one person can do so many concurrent drafts and keep up)...but haven't really seen any issues so far. He's going to have to win the whole thing to break even. lol

I was going to ask Tom/Greg to start a private DC league where everyone is allowed in except Tony! lol Would like to enter one without him being in it, not sure why though. :?

EDIT: Holy crap, he's in every cut-line league signup!! :twisted:

Now I'm no doctor, although I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night (in Cleveland), but this guy needs help...or perhaps I need help for staying in Cleveland. Oh wait, it's ok now, LBJ is back.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:27 pm

I'm in a slow DC with him now. After his first round pick, he talked across the table and told a later drafter "You gotta take Ball here". With Ball's projection in the rankings of 99, who knows if he'd have made it back? :?

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:04 am

I haven't seen to much of that this year.But last year it happened a lot .Guys would say crap about DEF/K looking good in training camp so others would grab up the last ones. When others at the other end of the draft had only one .Always thought that was frowned upon here and in card games .

Erok

Post by Erok » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:17 am

got heeem wrote:I haven't seen to much of that this year.But last year it happened a lot .Guys would say crap about DEF/K looking good in training camp so others would grab up the last ones. When others at the other end of the draft had only one .Always thought that was frowned upon here and in card games .
Unwritten rule:)

Havent run across it here yet this year.

I am in a draft now across the street and one guy keeps doing it.

I just think some guys think they are playing their local league and have no restraint.

afv

Post by afv » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:45 am

Erok wrote:
got heeem wrote:I haven't seen to much of that this year.But last year it happened a lot .Guys would say crap about DEF/K looking good in training camp so others would grab up the last ones. When others at the other end of the draft had only one .Always thought that was frowned upon here and in card games .
Unwritten rule:)

Havent run across it here yet this year.

I am in a draft now across the street and one guy keeps doing it.

I just think some guys think they are playing their local league and have no restraint.

No excuse to be caught with your pants down. If a team is caught with one DST or one K that team deserves to be punished :evil: . I've been in drafts, on this side of the street, where guys point blank call out how many DST are left and that team 8 picks away only has one. Poor etiquette maybe, but good manners aren't rewarded here.

IT8

Post by IT8 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:49 am

Did people forget that this is for money? Oh noes, dey isn't following da unwritten rulez!
Steve Geisbert

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:12 am

Steel Lugnuts wrote:What about this guy? Tony Graupensperger

He's in every, and I mean EVERY DC draft I've seen, whether it be a slow, express, 4 hr...I went back about 15 drafts and stopped, that's crazy stuff. I was reluctant to sign up in the one I'm in now when I saw his name, (wasn't sure how one person can do so many concurrent drafts and keep up)...but haven't really seen any issues so far. He's going to have to win the whole thing to break even. lol

I was going to ask Tom/Greg to start a private DC league where everyone is allowed in except Tony! lol Would like to enter one without him being in it, not sure why though. :?

EDIT: Holy crap, he's in every cut-line league signup!! :twisted:

Now I'm no doctor, although I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night (in Cleveland), but this guy needs help...or perhaps I need help for staying in Cleveland. Oh wait, it's ok now, LBJ is back.
I was in a draft earlier with Tony, after the first few rounds, he was on full auto the remainder of the draft.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:49 am

"EDIT: Holy crap, he's in every cut-line league signup!"

I stand corrected, looks like Tony was only listed in the previous cut line sign ups that may not have even drafted (May, June, etc...), didn't really see him in any current ones. Had a bad experience with a previous website that hosted a similar cut-line and one person signed up in over 100 leagues, needless to say he came in 6 of the top 10 over all and then won the top 4 spots.