Potential New York-Chicago Auction Plan

Tom Kessenich

Potential New York-Chicago Auction Plan

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:30 am

We wanted to let people know that with auction signups slow in both New York and Chicago we are considering the option of combining these two cities for a phone auction like we did two years ago. We know that isn't ideal but that phone auction worked extremely well in my opinion and other than a crazy fire alarm in Chicago :) there were not any major issues I can recall. Nothing has been decided yet and if we do make that change we'll contact all of the owners who have signed up to let them know what the new plan will be. But I did want to provide an update since I've gotten a lot of questions about the auctions in New York in particular.

My thinking is that it would be a 12-team Auction likely starting at 1 pm ET on Friday Aug. 29. We'd obviously put a 14-team league together if we got 14 teams. But 12 would be easier to fill than 14 obviously so that's what I'm thinking at this time.

I want to stress again no decision has been made. We're still taking signups for both cities and we'd love to fill up at least one full auction league in both NY and Chicago. So if you've been sitting on the sidelines NOW is a great time to sign up and get a spot reserved. We will not run auction charges until the leagues are sold out so you can sign up NOW and hold onto your money for awhile longer.

But I wanted to give folks a heads up that a phone auction is the likely contingency plan if signups don't start picking up soon. We certainly don't want to lose auctions completely in both cities. That would have potentially serious consequences, especially in New York. Any questions about this feel free to contact me or Greg and we'll be happy to discuss.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Re: Potential New York-Chicago Auction Plan

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:42 am

Here are the current signups for the Auctions in New York and Chicago:

NFFC 14-TEAM AUCTION LEAGUE
NEW YORK
Friday, Aug. 29 11 am ET
1. Billy Wasosky, Richmond, Virginia
2. Michael Edelman, Elmwood Park, New Jersey

NFFC 12-TEAM AUCTION LEAGUE
NEW YORK
Friday, Aug. 29 4 pm ET
3. Todd Whitestone, New York City

CHICAGO
12-TEAM AUCTION LEAGUE
Friday, Aug. 29 11 am CT
1. Tony Wilhelm, St. Louis, Missouri

CHICAGO
14-TEAM AUCTION LEAGUE
Friday, Aug. 29 4 pm CT
2. Darryl Lechniak/Mike Ferre, Schaumburg, Illinois
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Spaige52

Post by Spaige52 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Great idea!! I thought I suggested that. Rex and I are interested in auction leagues. We would much rather go to Chicago as its much closer for us. My concern is that if we sign up for Chicago and it does not make it and New York does what happens to the Chicago guys? Thanks in advance.

Scott Paige

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Spaige52 wrote:Great idea!! I thought I suggested that. Rex and I are interested in auction leagues. We would much rather go to Chicago as its much closer for us. My concern is that if we sign up for Chicago and it does not make it and New York does what happens to the Chicago guys? Thanks in advance.

Scott Paige
Hey Scott, I think your idea was to put the first 12 or 14 from both cities into a phone league regardless of whether we could fill up a league on its own in that city. That is not what we want to do. This phone auction idea is a last resort. The goal is to get at least one full league in both cities. Unfortunately, signups are very slow for the auctions in New York and Chicago so that has led Greg and I to discuss an alternative option in case things do not begin to pick up. This would be the alternative. We still have a lot of time to get our leagues sold out in both cities but I wanted to give everyone a heads up now so they had an idea what our thinking was moving forward.

If one city gets a full league that city will host its sold out league as always. We're not going to cut off signups at 12 or 14 for the two cities combined once we get to that number. So the goal remains the same as always - get at least one full auction in both New York and Chicago. If that does not look like it will come to fruition we'll pursue this as an alternative plan.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

telestar

Post by telestar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:10 pm

Tom: Totally understand your thinking on this. I have no issue with the phone part of it, but If it ends up as a 14-team auction I am less interested myself, as I like playing in 12-team leagues. Could you let me know if that is the direction you are going before you set it up? I'd appreciate it very much.
Thanks!
Todd

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:37 pm

telestar wrote:Tom: Totally understand your thinking on this. I have no issue with the phone part of it, but If it ends up as a 14-team auction I am less interested myself, as I like playing in 12-team leagues. Could you let me know if that is the direction you are going before you set it up? I'd appreciate it very much.
Thanks!
Todd
Hey Todd, I think we'd shoot for 12 at first and see how that goes if we go down this road. We're not going to turn away 14 teams if we have 14 owners between the two cities who want to do this. But we have to pick up the signups first. Let's do that and see where this all ends up taking us.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

telestar

Post by telestar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Sounds good Tom - thanks.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:08 am

We lost another owner in New York for the 14-team league today. Unless signups in both cities really begin to pick up soon I'm not sure we can avoid doing a phone auction. If that becomes the plan, we then need to decide on what time to do it. I have one person in NY expressing interest in a 12-team league if it started around 1 ET or so and another expressing interest if it started around 4 (which is the current time for the NY 12-team auction). If we went to 1 ET we might lose another New York player so I'm tentatively leaning toward a 12-team league starting around 3 ET or 4 ET.

Again, nothing has been decided. Just wanted to provide everyone with an update.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:44 pm

We're starting to get some interest in Chicago and New York for the 12-team Auctions. The starting time for the New York league has been changed to 2:30 pm ET on Friday Aug. 29. Here's a look at the current signups for those two leagues in Chicago and NY. If you're interested in taking part or want to get more info contact me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to help you out. :)

NEW YORK
Friday, Aug. 29 2:30 pm ET
4. Frank Mammola, North White Plains, New York
5. Andy Saxton, Bear, Delaware
6. Dave Martino, Melville, New York (tentative)

CHICAGO
12-TEAM AUCTION LEAGUE
Friday, Aug. 29 11 am CT
2. Bob Ward, Indiana (could do 4 pm)
3. Ryan Wendland (tentative)
4. Darryl Lechniak/Mike Ferre, Schaumburg, Illinois
5. Aaron Seefeldt, Oak Park, Illinois (tentative)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:19 pm

Another signup for the 12-team league in Chicago.

NEW YORK
Friday, Aug. 29 2:30 pm ET
4. Frank Mammola, North White Plains, New York
5. Andy Saxton, Bear, Delaware
6. Dave Martino, Melville, New York (tentative)

CHICAGO
12-TEAM AUCTION LEAGUE
Friday, Aug. 29 11 am CT
2. Bob Ward, Indiana (could do 4 pm)
3. Darryl Lechniak/Mike Ferre, Schaumburg, Illinois
4. Ryan Wendland (tentative)
5. Aaron Seefeldt, Oak Park, Illinois (tentative)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich