No Mention of THE PLAY in the August Fantasy Sports Magazine

Greenlight30

Post by Greenlight30 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:54 am

While I was reading over the article with Rob I was expecting to hear about Reggie Brown's imfamous fourth quarter touchdown to get Rob into the playoffs but it is not mentioned! At least let the fans know the tension in the air to make the playoffs. Going from 750 to 100K is a nice jump Rob!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:19 am

Originally posted by Greenlight30:
While I was reading over the article with Rob I was expecting to hear about Reggie Brown's imfamous fourth quarter touchdown to get Rob into the playoffs but it is not mentioned! At least let the fans know the tension in the air to make the playoffs. Going from 750 to 100K is a nice jump Rob! Wow, that's interesting. But he had a GREAT playoff run and it shows that having a squad that matches up well in weeks 14-16 is every bit, if not more important than what that squad accomplished in the 1st 13 weeks. Right Jules? ;)

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:45 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Greenlight30:
While I was reading over the article with Rob I was expecting to hear about Reggie Brown's imfamous fourth quarter touchdown to get Rob into the playoffs but it is not mentioned! At least let the fans know the tension in the air to make the playoffs. Going from 750 to 100K is a nice jump Rob! Wow, that's interesting. But he had a GREAT playoff run and it shows that having a squad that matches up well in weeks 14-16 is every bit, if not more important than what that squad accomplished in the 1st 13 weeks. Right Jules? ;) [/QUOTE]Correct!!! I will take the squad that matches up well in weeks 14-16 over the squad that made the NFFC Jules' Playground for the first 13 weeks! :D
@RedRyder

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:29 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Greenlight30:
While I was reading over the article with Rob I was expecting to hear about Reggie Brown's imfamous fourth quarter touchdown to get Rob into the playoffs but it is not mentioned! At least let the fans know the tension in the air to make the playoffs. Going from 750 to 100K is a nice jump Rob! Wow, that's interesting. But he had a GREAT playoff run and it shows that having a squad that matches up well in weeks 14-16 is every bit, if not more important than what that squad accomplished in the 1st 13 weeks. Right Jules? ;) [/QUOTE]Correct!!! I will take the squad that matches up well in weeks 14-16 over the squad that made the NFFC Jules' Playground for the first 13 weeks! :D
[/QUOTE]LOL....yeah, I remember feeling like a Jungle Gym for 13 weeks. :eek:

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:04 pm

While I was reading over the article with Rob I was expecting to hear about Reggie Brown's imfamous fourth quarter touchdown to get Rob into the playoffs but it is not mentioned! At least let the fans know the tension in the air to make the playoffs. Going from 750 to 100K is a nice jump Rob! In Chicago League 1 I was figthing for high score most of the year with Curbed Enthusiasm but in week 13 I think I threw up a 90+ and he won his game as stated above to secure my team a second place finish in the league. If he had lost he would have taken second place and I would have finished in 3rd. That is all true and I owe him a few beverages for that but the "jump" is really from 3rd place money to 2nd in the league as my team won their way into the championship round based on overall points. My team was in the top 10% most of the season and even that 90+ in week 13 did not stop my team from finishing 18th overall during the regular season.

My low score in week 13 had me sweating mostly because that is not how you want to finish the regular season and it did nothing for my confidence entering the championship round.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:14 pm

As I recall, I went to bed that Monday night thinking I had finished third and woke up to find that Curbed had won and I had benefited by the bonus $2000. It was like xmas morning twice for me last year.

I love the 10% rule as I feel my team deserved to be in championship Round based on it's overall performance and without the rule and/or a Curbed win, I would have been watching Fisher win 100K.

Greenlight30

Post by Greenlight30 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:50 am

BTW Ted...I was Juke Heard Around The World (#1 pick and we were going to go to the track or dinner to talk fantasy after the draft). You still would have made the playoffs you based on your high point total (10% rule). But I would have finished with best record and Curbed would have finished with most points.....still congratulations and it was nice to meet you and what a season.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:56 pm

Ah, now I remember ya. The Greenlight tag I did not recognize.

I will be back in Chicago for the drafts and maybe this year we can party after the draft? I owe you a few bevs at the very least.

Last year I did go to the OTB after the draft and just missed a huge payoff right out of the gate. Scott and Mike (Team Legacy) met me there but no one else expressed any interest.

#1 pick. You did what I did the day before in the DC, took LJ. We have each had 9 months to mull over that decision huh.

See you at the drafts.