First Primetime League Donation

HOF

First Primetime League Donation

Post by HOF » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Well my first attempt at stepping up from the online leagues into the Primetime was just a bad decision as not only am I going to be donating but I might be finishing last as I have KJ Duke and Chad S in my league picking back to back!!!

*shakes head*

Cruel....just cruel!

ulbkumn

Re: First Primetime League Donation

Post by ulbkumn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:52 pm

My 1st time in the primetime was 2 years ago and I got 3rd Overall. GL

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:58 pm

HOF wrote:Well my first attempt at stepping up from the online leagues into the Primetime was just a bad decision as not only am I going to be donating but I might be finishing last as I have KJ Duke and Chad S in my league picking back to back!!!

*shakes head*

Cruel....just cruel!
It's intimidating but there's hope! I stepped up to the plate like you did last year and I had Schechter, Schroeder, Schleicher, Siegele (say that 3 times fast :lol: ) and quite a few other prominent owners in my league.

Like ulbkumn said, newbies can still do well. I took second place in that league and there's no reason you can't win yours.

HOF

Post by HOF » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:30 pm

Coach JP wrote:
HOF wrote:Well my first attempt at stepping up from the online leagues into the Primetime was just a bad decision as not only am I going to be donating but I might be finishing last as I have KJ Duke and Chad S in my league picking back to back!!!

*shakes head*

Cruel....just cruel!
It's intimidating but there's hope! I stepped up to the plate like you did last year and I had Schechter, Schroeder, Schleicher, Siegele (say that 3 times fast :lol: ) and quite a few other prominent owners in my league.

Like ulbkumn said, newbies can still do well. I took second place in that league and there's no reason you can't win yours.
Thanks guys...good to know that there is hope!!

Been in the money a few times in the online leagues but man that was hard to see the owner list in my first primetime....appreciate the words of encouragement!

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:38 am

You will be fine. I am not in good form at this point at all. KJ will probably be though. Just because some are perceived as good players, it doesn't mean much. Especially in any given league. I knew I fail in far more leagues than I have succeeded in. Have yourself a solid draft and you will be in great shape.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:47 am

ulbkumn wrote:My 1st time in the primetime was 2 years ago and I got 3rd Overall. GL
Not to one-up you, but I'm gonna one-up you; first Primetime in 2012 and finished 2nd Overall, would've won if it wasn't for the 900 point game the Seahawks Defense put up in the playoffs against Arizona.

Having Chad and KJ in your league isn't the most ideal spot to be in, but all the Primetime leagues are tough; just play your game and don't worry about them, you can't control what they do -- and at least three teams from each league make the playoffs, so there's room for all of you to get to the Playoff round.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:37 pm

They can only pick one player at a time. Just focus on your team, make good solid picks and kick their A$$
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

HOF

Post by HOF » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:47 pm

Well 12 weeks later and it comes down to my team vs. KJ's in week 13 to see if I actually can cash out in my first primetime venture.

10-2 record tied for best record and second in points should have me feeling at least decent but a loss to KJ and I could finish 10-3 with no league money and a longshot in the playoffs.

Ran out of FAAB a few weeks ago (almost all my cash went early to Forsett, Denard Robinson and the last went to CJ Anderson).

Going to be a LOOOOOONG week. Very exciting year...and will have me back next year no matter what next year in the PT contest.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:13 am

Tremendous job. Just so you are aware, you are golden. You are getting 2nd at worst barring something incredibly ridiculous. 3k coming your way at least. And the only way your match against KJ matters is if Lewis Lipsey loses to Jefferson. They both have excellent teams so either could win. Good luck in week 13. My horrific team doesn't even get to try and spoil any fun:)

HOF

Post by HOF » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:54 am

Thanks Chad....ultra competitive league and if Megatron didnt get hurt early.....well lets just say your team was a monster...especially once you snagged Gordon.