BIG thanks to Tom and the Big Apple!

BillyWaz

BIG thanks to Tom and the Big Apple!

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:00 am

Just wanted to say thanks to Tom and everyone else who made NYC a great time this weekend. Tom was listed as questionable with a bad back, but unlike say a Darren McFadden, he suited up and did a great job as always at this event.

The HOF plaques were a really nice touch (thanks again!), the food was very good, and things went off very smoothly, even with #18 Randall Cobb and his sore back.

I also got to put a lot of MB names to actual faces, meet many others for the first time (don't want to list them all in fear that I will forget someone :D ), and catch up with some old friends who I generally see only once a year or more.

I do want to single out Andy Saxton who generously took us out after the Super to an "Irish" Sports Bar for drinks and apps ...much thanks Andy!

Really fun weekend all......enjoyed it! :D

76erfan

Re: BIG thanks to Tom and the Big Apple!

Post by 76erfan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:35 am

Echoing what Billy said...was a great weekend. Time went by so fast! Tom was not feeling great but he and Mike A. pulled it off very well as always. Well done!

Anyone feel like salsa dancing?

Got to catch up with some old friends and meet some people for the first time and hang out.

Billy- my pleasure on post draft Friday night.......I find it very valuable/refreshing to get out away from the draft setting and find a place to hang out and relax and chat. Glad you all had fun.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:56 am

just wanted to say thanks to greg and tom for setting up a great draft at the hilton. everything ran great and the auction board was fantastic.

tom , hope your back feels better. you did a great job making sure everthing ran well.

andy , thanks again for the fri night food and drink. it was alot of fun.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

telestar

Post by telestar » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:35 am

Agree completely - thanks Tom and the whole crew in NY - a great time for all of us!

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:49 am

Same here great to see everyone and agree with Billy HOF plaques were a nice touch. Everything was first class this weekend, nothing beats a long weekend of drafting and hanging out with other crazies....Jupinka how about another drink? :mrgreen:

ALL-IN JD - Football

Post by ALL-IN JD - Football » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:53 am

Mike,

Mrs. Juprinks said he was at his limit!! :-)

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:00 am

I seriously thought he was gonna get sick at the draft yesterday. He looked rough!

We left the bar at 3 AM and he wanted to know where we were heading next!!!!

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:33 pm

I need to do this next year. Almost pulled the trigger this season.

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Great weekend in NYC, I look forward to it every year. Also want to thank Tom for the kind words as he called us up on stage and presented us with our HOF plaques, it was first class. Great catching up with a lot of the guys as always. Good luck to all this year

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:16 pm

Great event in NYC as usual. Tom, great job as always. Good to see the hall of famers awarded their well deserved honors. Lots of familiar faces, some new ones, and unfortunately some missing ones.

I even did a little salsa dance on my way out. :D

Love all my teams, as usual, until week 1, when it all comes crashing down.... If Demarco Murray gets hurt, I am screwed.