Ray Rice and Cutline FAAB

packman527

Ray Rice and Cutline FAAB

Post by packman527 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:06 am

How is Ray Rice and the Cutline FAAB going to work Friday? I know players from the Thursday game are not allowed to be cut in Friday's Cutline FAAB. And Ray Rice is still showing on my team page as being on BAL. So is he going to be locked and not allowed to be dropped, even though the Ravens released him? I think he needs to be droppable in the Cutline, especially since we wouldn't get a chance to drop him again until week 6.

emalbright

Re: Ray Rice and Cutline FAAB

Post by emalbright » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:18 am

bump

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:51 am

The way I interpret the rules, it says that you CAN NOT drop Rice (or any other Ravens/Steelers) this week in Cutline. I don't particularly agree with that setup, but nothing you can do about it now.

I think if you leave those guys on your bench Thursday night, you should be able to drop them on Friday; but if they are started, they obviously should be locked and undroppable.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:52 am

CALI CARTEL wrote:The way I interpret the rules, it says that you CAN NOT drop Rice (or any other Ravens/Steelers) this week in Cutline. I don't particularly agree with that setup, but nothing you can do about it now.

I think if you leave those guys on your bench Thursday night, you should be able to drop them on Friday; but if they are started, they obviously should be locked and undroppable.
I have no horse in the race as I do not own a cutline team but Ray Rice is not a Raven or a Steeler, anybody who has him (in any contest) should be free to cut him on Friday.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:35 pm

packman527 wrote:How is Ray Rice and the Cutline FAAB going to work Friday? I know players from the Thursday game are not allowed to be cut in Friday's Cutline FAAB. And Ray Rice is still showing on my team page as being on BAL. So is he going to be locked and not allowed to be dropped, even though the Ravens released him? I think he needs to be droppable in the Cutline, especially since we wouldn't get a chance to drop him again until week 6.
Ray Rice will not be locked in Cutline FAAB for tomorrow. You can cut him. We may change his team designation from Baltimore to another team (like Carolina) to expedite this change and allow everyone to cut him and pick up a player who can be active this Sunday. Look for that change soon. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:06 pm

chriseibl wrote:
CALI CARTEL wrote:The way I interpret the rules, it says that you CAN NOT drop Rice (or any other Ravens/Steelers) this week in Cutline. I don't particularly agree with that setup, but nothing you can do about it now.

I have no horse in the race as I do not own a cutline team but Ray Rice is not a Raven or a Steeler, anybody who has him (in any contest) should be free to cut him on Friday.
Ah, that is true. Good call and good decision by NFFC to allow teams to cut him.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Any player going on Thursday should be droppable if they're on your bench.

No reason to penalize teams because of random scheduling.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:53 pm

kjduke wrote:Any player going on Thursday should be droppable if they're on your bench.

Agreed. Greg and I had a pretty long email debate on this one a couple years back.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:41 am

kjduke wrote:Any player going on Thursday should be droppable if they're on your bench.

Agree