Cutline FAAB?

Steel Lugnuts

Re: Cutline FAAB?

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:32 pm

I too saw 9/10 on my webpage, then it suddenly changed to 9/12...but I guess I'm wondering why the bidding is on Friday's and not Wednesday's? I'm sure there's a reason, but doesn't really make a whole lot of sense with there being a Thursday night game. I'm sure no one from Pitt/Bal can be added or dropped tomorrow.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Steel Lugnuts wrote:I too saw 9/10 on my webpage, then it suddenly changed to 9/12...but I guess I'm wondering why the bidding is on Friday's and not Wednesday's? I'm sure there's a reason, but doesn't really make a whole lot of sense with there being a Thursday night game. I'm sure no one from Pitt/Bal can be added or dropped tomorrow.
Friday is 2 days closer to the majority of games, thus better info on injury situations for 15 of the 16 games each week. With limited FAAB, just 3 all season, I believe Friday makes more sense.

But add/drop of Thursday players (bench only) should be allowed. Hope this gets changed next season.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:37 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:Cutline FAAB runs on Fridays during each period. Here is the information from the rules on the site:

The NFFC Cutline Championship will have just one bidding period during each of the three FAAB bidding time frames. That will be on Friday of Week 2, Friday of Week 6 and Friday of Week 9.
Tom, this is what I see when I view the rules for Cutline, I don't see anything about Friday's:

"The free agent system will be a "blind bidding" process for each individual league (Free Agent Acquisition Bidding or FAAB), but will be held ONLY 3 TIMES DURING THE SEASON. FAAB will run before Week 2, before Week 6 and before Week 9."

And apparently you can add/drop players that were played on Thursday Night, but it seems like the transaction won't go through, or become official, until Tuesday. So the players will not appear on your roster until the...is this correct?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:38 am

Steel Lugnuts wrote: And apparently you can add/drop players that were played on Thursday Night, but it seems like the transaction won't go through, or become official, until Tuesday. So the players will not appear on your roster until the...is this correct?
Correct. So this week if you dropped a Raven or Steeler the player you picked up will not officially go onto your roster until next week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CaptainCrunch

Post by CaptainCrunch » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:25 pm

The 'Fridays only' part is in a different section (10) of the rules.

Might be helpful to combine the Free Agent section (8) and the Bidding Time Frame section (10) into one ... or at least not have the Draft section (9) between them.

And, although it's clear now ... I don't think it would hurt to update or remove the site news from Cutline league home pages that sez: "FAAB will run every Wednesday at 10 pm ET, starting on Wednesday, September 10th. Here's the info from our Rules page: ... etc "