Is Philip Rivers still the MVP?

JETS SB

Re: Is Philip Rivers still the MVP?

Post by JETS SB » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:07 pm

It will be a Brady/Luck/Manning MVP race until the end of the season. If I were to vote right now, the guy with the most TDs, most passing yards (by over 300 yards), and 7 straight 300 yard passing games, would win it... but that's just me. :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:34 pm

He got outplayed by Ryan Tannehill. Few things in the NFL are more humiliating than that.

:D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:48 pm

JETS SB wrote:It will be a Brady/Luck/Manning MVP race until the end of the season. If I were to vote right now, the guy with the most TDs, most passing yards (by over 300 yards), and 7 straight 300 yard passing games, would win it... but that's just me. :D
Luck is playing great football right now. Actually record setting football is some regards. He put up monster numbers again last night but I actually thought he played a relatively sloppy game. He fumbled a couple times, had some balls batted down, made a horrible decision to throw the ball underhand style into the middle of the field to avoid a sack, and got bailed out by TY on a pass that should have been a pick in the endzone and instead wound up being another TD pass for him. Regardless though, he keeps piling up the stats each week.

But, those stats are a bit inflated considering he has 50-85 more attempts than some of the other top passers in the league. That sure helps in the yardage and TD departments. Pretty sure Manning, Brady, and Ben could muster a few more TD passes and yardage given the same amount of opportunities.

Brady, Manning, and Ben also have a better TD to INT ratio and Mr. Brady has his team sitting with the best record in the conference. It would be a very tight finish for MVP if the season ended today. However, there's also a WR in Pittsburgh that should be getting a little MVP love for the pace he's currently on.

Overall, I take today's passing stats with a grain of salt knowing how much the current rules favor the offense and QB's in general. But it sure is great for fantasy football! :lol:
Go Big Red!

TR

Post by TR » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:He got outplayed by Ryan Tannehill. Few things in the NFL are more humiliating than that.

:D
So true Tom... :lol:

TR

Post by TR » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:20 pm

CoMoHusker wrote:
JETS SB wrote:It will be a Brady/Luck/Manning MVP race until the end of the season. If I were to vote right now, the guy with the most TDs, most passing yards (by over 300 yards), and 7 straight 300 yard passing games, would win it... but that's just me. :D
Luck is playing great football right now. Actually record setting football is some regards. He put up monster numbers again last night but I actually thought he played a relatively sloppy game. He fumbled a couple times, had some balls batted down, made a horrible decision to throw the ball underhand style into the middle of the field to avoid a sack, and got bailed out by TY on a pass that should have been a pick in the endzone and instead wound up being another TD pass for him. Regardless though, he keeps piling up the stats each week.

But, those stats are a bit inflated considering he has 50-85 more attempts than some of the other top passers in the league. That sure helps in the yardage and TD departments. Pretty sure Manning, Brady, and Ben could muster a few more TD passes and yardage given the same amount of opportunities.

Brady, Manning, and Ben also have a better TD to INT ratio and Mr. Brady has his team sitting with the best record in the conference. It would be a very tight finish for MVP if the season ended today. However, there's also a WR in Pittsburgh that should be getting a little MVP love for the pace he's currently on.

Overall, I take today's passing stats with a grain of salt knowing how much the current rules favor the offense and QB's in general. But it sure is great for fantasy football! :lol:
Spot on...

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:32 pm

Great post CoMo!

Right now there isn't a clear cut choice for mvp. My candidates would be:

Brady
Manning
Luck
DeMarco
Antonio

It's funny but 5 weeks ago the news was that Brady is done and maybe it's time for the Pats to start playing Garapalo (I don't know the spelling yet....) Brady had a terrible start but he has been the best player by for the past 5 weeks. Murray is hands down carrying Dallas on his back. What a year! Antonio Brown is the best WR in football this year and it's not close. Manning is Manning which says a lot. Luck is incredible and the Colts are a bottom 10 team without him. While he's been great and his numbers are unreal, I do think Peyton and Brady are still playing at a higher level than him. But I can't wait to see what he has in store for us the next 10+ years. He will have plenty of mvp's before he is finished.

Wayne

TR

Post by TR » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Coltsfan wrote:Great post CoMo!

Brady
Manning
Luck
DeMarco
Antonio

It's funny but 5 weeks ago the news was that Brady is done and maybe it's time for the Pats to start playing Garapalo (I don't know the spelling yet....) Brady had a terrible start but he has been the best player by for the past 5 weeks. Murray is hands down carrying Dallas on his back. What a year! Antonio Brown is the best WR in football this year and it's not close. Manning is Manning which says a lot. Luck is incredible and the Colts are a bottom 10 team without him. While he's been great and his numbers are unreal, I do think Peyton and Brady are still playing at a higher level than him. But I can't wait to see what he has in store for us the next 10+ years. He will have plenty of mvp's before he is finished.

Wayne
Ben Roeth ahead of Luck and slightly over Brady now.

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:34 pm

JETS SB wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:
Coltsfan wrote:David,

You really are serious aren't you? This isn't some kind of joke or sarcasm? It's hard to imagine that you would really even come close to believing what you are saying but I"m beginning to thinking you aren't joking.

You see, there is a difference between fantasy posting and reality posting. Most of us are much better at operating in the realm of reality while I would consider you an expert in fantasy posting..... :o

Wayne
Peyton had huge fantasy seasons while Brady won Super Bowls. But I am sure we all agree Peyton is a better QB. So what is the big difference here Colts fan. Your name should give it all away. Luck vs. Rivers. Marino vs. Kelly. Not a huge deal really but you like the sound of your own words I guess? My fantasy is a Orton lead SB. Otherwise I have nothing vested in Luck or Rivers. Its just one game.
This is hilarious. Making a Petyon Manning/Tom Brady comparison to Luck/Rivers. What a joke. Comparing 2 all time greats and then comparing the best young QB in the game to an average veteran QB who has never won a big game. I think you are right, Wayne... I think David posts dumb stuff just to get a rise out of people. We all know reality...
Calling the QB ranked #4 in passer rating in NFL history average is a huge stretch. Luck is having a very good year but I think you are confusing fantasy with reality. Andrew Luck is still south of 60% completion percentage for his career and is still on pace to throw about 16 INTs. He has a lot of work to do before he becomes Philip Rivers. Again, piling yards is not indication of how good a QB is. Stafford for example is good for fantasy. He is a borderline terrible NFL quarterback.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:10 pm

TR wrote:
Coltsfan wrote:Great post CoMo!

Brady
Manning
Luck
DeMarco
Antonio

Wayne
Ben Roeth ahead of Luck and slightly over Brady now.
Nope. Don't see it. Two amazing games. But he has too many weapons around him and Brown will take votes away from him. Brown would have a better chance of winning, over Big Ben. He had a very average start to the season and unless he continues throwing for 6 TDs every week, then he wont win. Brady would probably win if the season ended today. But, if Luck starts setting records, which he is on a pace to, then he wins it.

Rog

Post by Rog » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 pm

qb A total of 259 nfbc points

qb B total of 244 nfbc points
both have 22 TD's and both have 3 int's

Hell that luck guy has 26 TD's with 9 interceptions with 60 more pass attempts.
Dont crown any of them until the season is over.