Week 8 Thoughts and Observations

Edwards Kings

Re: Week 8 Thoughts and Observations

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Vick may have a hard time. I understand that KC is bringing in some specialized talent just for this game...

Wayne

You mean this ain't baseball?

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Sandman62 wrote:I agree. I wasn't trying to endorse either. I was simply pointing out how similar in production he is to a player that was being highly touted a few short years ago. Why no such love for Tannehill? [Because he isn't a media rock star?]
Ahhh...To re-live that Tebow thread. A guy that was receiving such high praise when the stars perfectly aligned. Where is that guy now? Not putting up meaningful fantasy stats, I know that! :lol: I love statistics but too many people focus on small sample size and expect that to continue. Stats can be tweaked to prove almost any point and sometimes it's just the eye test that tells the real story. The Tebow brand of football was just not sustainable in this league. You HAVE to be able to throw the ball in today's NFL.

Tannehill has put up serviceable numbers the past few weeks but has looked awful doing it. Just my opinion, but that four game stretch may likely be the high point of his season.
Go Big Red!

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
TR wrote:Is there a QB who gets more passes batted down than Tannehill?
He's painful to watch. Just not all good. Never understood all the hype about him.
You might need these this week - http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,crow,FF.html

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:01 pm

Sandman62 wrote:I'd start Tannehill still in a home game with his team favored by 2 over Vick on the road @KC -9.5 underdogs.
Though the Jets will likely be playing from behind, that alone doesn't mean they'll be productive in slop time; they may just continue being sloppy. ;)

Tannehill is at home vs. SD, who is 6th in pass D, with 232 YPG and 14 TDs in 8 games
• QBs vs. SD (on road): Palmer: 304/2, Manuel: 238/1, Carr: 282/4, PManning: 286/3 = 277/2.5 per game
• Tannehill @home (NE, KC, GB): passing: 209/1.7, rushing: -2, 9 and 48 yds, 0 TDs
• Line: MIA -2, 44 O/U = 23-21
• Tannehill Projection: passing: 240/2, rushing: 30 yds = 27 NFFC pts

Vick is @KC, who is #1 vs. the pass, with 215 YPG and 12 TDs in 7 games (and 0 rushing TDs)
• QBs @KC: Locker: 266/2, Brady: 159/1, Davis: 160/1 = 195/1.3 per game
• Line: KC -9.5, 41.5 = 26-16
• In 7 of 8 games so far, the Jets have scored 17-25 points, despite how horrible they've looked. But the Chiefs D will be a big challenge to overcome and I strongly suspect a long, long day for Mr. Vick (= multiple picks/fumbles).
• Vick Projection: passing: 150/1, rushing: 50 yds = 18.5 NFFC pts
Damn! I underestimated the mighty Tannehill! :mrgreen:

Tannehill:
Mia 37 vs. SD 0, 4:31 4th
24-34 288 YDS, 3 TD, 47 RU YD

Vick:
NYJ 10 @ KC 24, Final
21-28 196 YDS, 1 TD, 18 RU YD

TR

Post by TR » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:24 pm

bald is beautiful wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
TR wrote:Is there a QB who gets more passes batted down than Tannehill?
He's painful to watch. Just not all good. Never understood all the hype about him.
You might need these this week - http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,crow,FF.html
Nah...Tannehill is still a turd....he faced crappy chargers defense missing 1 of their top corners verrett...and having to both travel cross country and play early game...no surprise rivers would crap the bed in game like this either, enabling tannehill to play read option with no pressure. Watch and see what happens when tannehill faces a real defense next week and forced to throw...

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:26 pm

So? :D

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:53 pm

TR wrote: Nah...Tannehill is still a turd....he faced crappy chargers defense missing 1 of their top corners verrett...and having to both travel cross country and play early game...no surprise rivers would crap the bed in game like this either, enabling tannehill to play read option with no pressure. Watch and see what happens when tannehill faces a real defense next week and forced to throw...
No is isn't. Weeden is a turd. Geno Smith is a turd. Tannehill is a QB2, a guy you play during bye weeks or if he has a good matchup. Today was a good matchup. Just like I said last week, if he is going to run for 40-50 yards a week, his value is pretty decent.

TR

Post by TR » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 pm

bald is beautiful wrote:
TR wrote: Nah...Tannehill is still a turd....he faced crappy chargers defense missing 1 of their top corners verrett...and having to both travel cross country and play early game...no surprise rivers would crap the bed in game like this either, enabling tannehill to play read option with no pressure. Watch and see what happens when tannehill faces a real defense next week and forced to throw...
No is isn't. Weeden is a turd. Geno Smith is a turd. Tannehill is a QB2, a guy you play during bye weeks or if he has a good matchup. Today was a good matchup. Just like I said last week, if he is going to run for 40-50 yards a week, his value is pretty decent.
I agree tannehill is a QB2...I meant he's a turd real life QB...

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:49 pm

If Sanchez puts up a 2013 Foles campaign from now on - and I believe he will - it says a lot more about the Jets system than Kelly's offense. I think the Jets will start turning the corner only when they get rid of Rex Ryan. As great a DC as Ryan is, he has proven a terrible HC with an offensive system that systematically destroys QBs.

Antonio Brown. At this pace, he will eclipse 120 receptions and has a shot to threaten Marvin Harrison's reception record. He is as locked in as I have ever seen a WR play.