Week 10 Thoughts & Observations

Sandman62

Re: Week 10 Thoughts & Observations

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Coltsfan wrote:Mike,

After years of the NFL being a 31 team league, who can blame Tom for forgetting their existence??????

Wayne
:evil:

Seriously though Wayne, Kevin and I are pretty excited. I texted him (he's at college) a screen shot of the AFC North Standings last night and asked him "When's the last time we've seen THAT?!". His answer? "Not in my lifetime" (born in '94)! :o

Still a long way to go, for sure. But to be playing meaningful games this late sure is sweet. 8-)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:46 am

Martavis Bryant

Odell Beckham Jr.

Mike Evans

Kelvin Benjamin

Sammy Watkins

Brandin Cooks

All Top 25 WRs in the NFFC. Jordan Matthews may join them soon.

I don't know if I've ever seen a rookie WR class like this before. Really is something.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Rog

Post by Rog » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:07 am

Seeing how Bryant was inactive with injury the first couple of weeks and then managed to pass j brown and l moore on the depth charts. He managed a pretty close to an even split in reps with wheaton week 7.
looks like he should be their clear cut number 2 by week 13.
not bad numbers for a player that was inactive the first 6 weeks

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:33 am

It certainly is an amazing WR class. Could end up comparing favorably to '96, which I would have never thought was possible (Keyshawn, Terry Glenn, Kennison, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, Amani Toomer, Muhsin Muhammad, Bobby Engram, Terrell Owens, Joe Horn).

When you combine this class's talent (I do think WRs are becoming more and more talented) with the rule changes, I worry more and more about the NFL becoming flag football in a few years.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:44 am

chriseibl wrote:It certainly is an amazing WR class. Could end up comparing favorably to '96, which I would have never thought was possible (Keyshawn, Terry Glenn, Kennison, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, Amani Toomer, Muhsin Muhammad, Bobby Engram, Terrell Owens, Joe Horn).
Very impressive group there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Marc Quitsch

Post by Marc Quitsch » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:11 am

Great stuff, TK, as always...

One thing that comes to mind is an article I read in the pre season about Shady McCoy's "mild" turf toe...TURF TOE are two words that are the kiss of death. I have to wonder if this is the difference in the lack of production from him. I can't remember any player ever having a productive season dealing with this injury...If the off season if enough time for this injury to heal(because hes obviously not going to rest this injury), I will be one of the few people targeting him with a sure fire confidence next season...
*NFFC Charter Member
*Member of the infamous Chum Chum Club
*"That Guy" with a marble notebook at live drafts, instead of a laptop

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:21 am

Shady looks terrible. Could be the turf toe. Could be something else. Could be more than one injury. I don't know but he's missing so many runs this season he typically hits. He really had no business getting more than 1-2 points last night. Celek's knee coming down an inch or so from the EZ helped gift him a TD he really hadn't earned.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:53 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Martavis Bryant

Odell Beckham Jr.

Mike Evans

Kelvin Benjamin

Sammy Watkins

Brandin Cooks

All Top 25 WRs in the NFFC. Jordan Matthews may join them soon.

I don't know if I've ever seen a rookie WR class like this before. Really is something.
Hey, let's not forget Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans, and Quincy Enunwa!!! Oh, wait. :?