Online league standings question

boli34

Online league standings question

Post by boli34 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:35 pm

I currently have the 2nd best record in the league at 8-3 but I am 6th in points for the league. Say things hold up and I finish 2nd in the league record wise but stay in the middle of the pack in points would my team qualify for the 100k playoff bracket and win the $700 that goes along with the 2nd place in the league as the guy in first has the best record and most points? I just remember a scenario 2 years ago where I finished 2nd in record but didn't win the $700.

wiljiro

Re: Online league standings question

Post by wiljiro » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:47 pm

I will give this one a shot - In Online - Two teams from each league qualify - the team with the best H2H and then the team with the most points - A third team can make it if they have they have more points than the H2H champ -

Here are the rules -

Championship Round Qualifiers:

- Best head-to-head record
- Most Total Points (if best h2h record had most points, then team with next most points)
- 2nd Most Total Points (this becomes a third league qualifier only if the h2h league champion had fewer points than this team; otherwise only 2 teams from this league advance to the Championship Round)

I think if you are in the top 15% of the overall you can make it into the 100K run as well - But I am not 100% sure of that one - I know that's the case in Primetime for sure

Wiljiro
Magic Man
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:50 pm

boli34 wrote:I currently have the 2nd best record in the league at 8-3 but I am 6th in points for the league. Say things hold up and I finish 2nd in the league record wise but stay in the middle of the pack in points would my team qualify for the 100k playoff bracket and win the $700 that goes along with the 2nd place in the league as the guy in first has the best record and most points? I just remember a scenario 2 years ago where I finished 2nd in record but didn't win the $700.
No. The team with the best record wins $700 and the team with most points wins $700. If you don't win best h2h record and are 6th in your league in points you won't make the championship round. You either need to win h2h title or finish in the Top 2 for total points to guarantee a spot in the Championship Round.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

boli34

Post by boli34 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:03 pm

But if I finish tied with the best record with the guy that has the most points we would have a playoff correct?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:30 am

boli34 wrote:But if I finish tied with the best record with the guy that has the most points we would have a playoff correct?
No, the tie-breaker for best h2h record would be most points. He would win best h2h in the tie-breaker over you and the next two playoff teams would be No. 2 high points team and No. 3 high points team. If you want to make the Championship Round ahead of a team with more points, you need to finish one game ahead of him. Good luck in doing that because sixth in points won't get you into the Championship Round at this point.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

boli34

Post by boli34 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:17 am

Well I'm 1 game ahead of everyone but the guy I mentioned. I'm just trying to figure out what I need at this point to make something happen. Damn you AP and gio. I've been getting no points out of my rbs for weeks. I started off really strong but faded in the points category but keep getting wins. The difference between the 2nd guy and myself isn't that much so I can make up ground but I find it hard to believe a guy that's 4-7 that's 2nd in points should make it over a guy thats 8-3 and only 70 points behind which in this league isn't that much.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:29 am

boli34 wrote:Well I'm 1 game ahead of everyone but the guy I mentioned. I'm just trying to figure out what I need at this point to make something happen. Damn you AP and gio. I've been getting no points out of my rbs for weeks. I started off really strong but faded in the points category but keep getting wins. The difference between the 2nd guy and myself isn't that much so I can make up ground but I find it hard to believe a guy that's 4-7 that's 2nd in points should make it over a guy thats 8-3 and only 70 points behind which in this league isn't that much.
What is the best indicator of a better team: Most points scored through 13 weeks or best h2h record? That's the question. We reward both, but give two playoff spots to most points and one playoff spot to best h2h record because we believe most points scored is the stronger indicator of the better team. Any team that is second in his league in total points is a strong team worthy of a Championship Round spot.

Fortunately, the regular season is 13 weeks and not only 11 weeks. You have two weeks to move up in both areas. Good luck and yes, DAMN ROGER GOODELL...and AP and Gio. ;)