Stafford

kingraiders

Stafford

Post by kingraiders » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Killing me Smalls!
Despite your, umm, struggles you get the beaut of a schedule here w/ CHI, TB, MIN, CHI. Bears are where QBs go to get well, so I'm basically giving #9 a last shot to feast on Turkey day. Can't believe this guy is the 16th ranked QB. :shock: Curious how others are contending w/Stafford on roster? Sick to see I left 20 pts on bench playing Stafford over Eli. Time to bring it #9!

Edwards Kings

Re: Stafford

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:05 pm

...and throw it to Calvin!
Wayne

You mean this ain't baseball?

TR

Post by TR » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:47 pm

kingraiders wrote:Killing me Smalls!
Despite your, umm, struggles you get the beaut of a schedule here w/ CHI, TB, MIN, CHI. Bears are where QBs go to get well, so I'm basically giving #9 a last shot to feast on Turkey day. Can't believe this guy is the 16th ranked QB. :shock: Curious how others are contending w/Stafford on roster? Sick to see I left 20 pts on bench playing Stafford over Eli. Time to bring it #9!
I feel u...Stafford's line is beat up...needs to get Riley Reiff back at left tackle...and then plaqued by ton of drops not helping either...man how things could be different if Lions drafted Odell Beckham JR instead of hands of stone bust Eric Ebron...ugh

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:14 pm

Calvin being out all those weeks sure didn't help Stafford's overall numbers much either. Add to that, Bush being absent from the line-up often and the Lions offensive weapons just didn't scare too many people. I throw out last week against the Pats. Bill is a master at taking a away a weapon of his choice and he did that with Calvin. If Stafford doesn't finish strong with the weak schedule he faces then I would say there is a major problem in Detroit.
Go Big Red!

TR

Post by TR » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:03 pm

CoMoHusker wrote:Calvin being out all those weeks sure didn't help Stafford's overall numbers much either. Add to that, Bush being absent from the line-up often and the Lions offensive weapons just didn't scare too many people. I throw out last week against the Pats. Bill is a master at taking a away a weapon of his choice and he did that with Calvin. If Stafford doesn't finish strong with the weak schedule he faces then I would say there is a major problem in Detroit.
Right...and all THREE tight ends as well...I mean that's unheard of. Stafford lost left tackle Reiff in Pats game...already without right guard Warford...was under siege and getting hit so much he didn't have time to throw to Calvin and when he was able to make some nice throws..nobody could make a play..instead drop after drop. Reggie Bush should help if he plays but wouldn't expect monster game this week if Reiff is out...maybe 300 yards and his standard 2 TDS.

TR

Post by TR » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Matthew Stafford has been sacked 33 times this season, just three off his career-worst mark from 2011.

Only Colin Kaepernick has been sacked more times this season (34). Stafford is getting taken down once every 12.6 dropbacks, a preposterous number that's helped contribute to his recent anemic play. Things may not get any better in Week 13, as there's a good chance the Lions will be missing LT Riley Reiff (knee) on a short week.

renman

Post by renman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 am

I went into this draft ranking Stafford rather high. The new system was a pass happy one. He had a more dynamic weapon at TE and he finally had a legit WR to compliment Calvin. I had Luck ranked every so slightly head of Stafford. I made the mistake of passing on Luck to take Stafford (both were available) because I had drafted Luck in a different NFFC league a couple nights before and didn't want my fortunes to be tied to one QB too much when I do not play many leagues. What a mistake that was!

I can still win my league with Stafford but I could have jogged to a title had I taken Luck. I am hoping that his playoff schedule can help ignite a big finish to the season for him.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Anyone that owned Stafford last year for the playoff run was severely disappointed. Hopefully he can make-up for that with the great match-ups he faces this year.
Go Big Red!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:27 am

CoMoHusker wrote:Anyone that owned Stafford last year for the playoff run was severely disappointed. Hopefully he can make-up for that with the great match-ups he faces this year.
Stafford is the 16th highest scoring QB in the NFFC this year. 16th!!! Amazing. If he can't get it done today at home against this Bears' pass defense then he will never get it done. Tom picked him on our SiriusXM show last night to be a Top 5 QB this week and it's hard to disagree with that. He HAS to get it done this week, right? Let the games begin today. Wow, what a slate of games on Thanksgiving Day!!

Happy Thanksgiving all!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:09 pm

That's more like it #9. Thanks Bears.