Just a thought.. (2015 major change needed)

nails

Just a thought.. (2015 major change needed)

Post by nails » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:07 am

Im mostly into auctions as everyone knows.. I do the regular drafts as well, .. I understand why the free agent time lines are stopped after week 13 however in the auction leagues at the very least, there is no reason whatsoever to NOT do either of the following 2 things:

1. allow pickups throughout the playoffs as long as you have money left over. OR
2. expand rosters in week 13 by 2 or 3 spots so you can pick up a few extra players in case of disaster.

im in super auction and currently leading (however I doubt i'll win). I had a computer error thanksgiving and lost a qb I didn't want to drop (my bad). I was relegated to starting shit for the last 2 weeks. ive come out still ahead (not after tonight lol) however i'll still have a chance at the 15k next week. however im sure the guys who im playing against in this league would all agree that they would die to be able to pick up players right now (they all are in shambles with injury.. ). that is the only reason I even have a chance here.. their shit is worse then mine except for one team who will probably out shit me next week.

you can't argue that there is an advantage or disadvantage here of doing this. all the teams in an auction would have the right to make pickups because even the other 8 teams are fighting for an extra 500 in the consolation round.. so everyone would be able to do it. you could still lock up players after week 12 or 13 but at the very least if I was able to do this I could have picked up a human being quarterback LOL.. to use ANYONE.. this week which would have honestly won me 15k.

this is a rule I've not liked for many years.. In the primetime and classics.. expand rosters week 13 by one or 2.

but in auctions you have to allow for continued free agent bidding.. no reason not to.. what your doing is rewarding teams who get lucky without injury.. during the playoffs. my team trust me is strictly based on scratching and clawing my way to wins.. my running backs sport a zero at least one of them each week.. my WR's carry me every week.. and the St Louis D pickup has kept me in this.. IThat's how I've kept competitive, however any skills in pickups gets thrown out the window now when it really counts.. your handcuffing the guys who rely on the free agents.. (which to me is the key to a successful season (anyone would agree).

anyway, this really has to change.. and those who know me know I rarely post online.. I rarely make a stink about much.. this is a big issue and im not crying here (im in 1st place right now) but I should be in first place with a cushion).. anyway, my vent for the year..
Bring it on .

Coach JP

Re: Just a thought.. (2015 major change needed)

Post by Coach JP » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:05 am

In my opinion part of the game/strategy is limiting roster sizes and forcing you to build your playoff roster accordingly.

20 is more than enough, as you can still have a roster such as:

-3 QB's
-5 or 6 RB's
-6 WR's
-2 TE's
-2 DEF
-1 or 2 K

It sounds like your case is more just an accidental error on your part (which I believe Tom and Greg would correct if you emailed them right away).

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:31 am

I'm in this league and in the playoffs he's talking about. My team is by far the most effected by injury imo. As someone who does a ton of teams I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had a team THIS hurt. Since adds/drops locked in week 13 I've lost:
Andre Ellington
Roy Helu
Lorenzo Taliaferro
Torrey Smith
Julio Jones
Jacob Tamme (haha but he was "out")
I was carrying a hurt Ronnie Hillman just incase and lost Colt Mccoy this week. My bench is Tim Wright and a D. If ANYONE else gets hurt I can't even put a lineup in. And that doesn't even factor in that my team has Lance Dunbar, Nick Toon and Torrey Smith IN THE FREAKING LINEUP already! :o I pretty much have a few auto zero's but am somehow kind of hanging around

This is my first league at the NFFC without a grand prize attached to it and I don't see why you couldn't allow for adds to the end in these leagues. I pretty much have Ellington, Torrey and Julio on most of my teams in the overall contests and am done in those thanks to all the injuries but I don't know if you can allow adds in those contests. But these single league ones? I don't see why not. Would be a real shame if someone didn't win because they couldn't even put in a full lineup. Just my 2 cents

nails

Post by nails » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:58 am

Coach JP wrote:In my opinion part of the game/strategy is limiting roster sizes and forcing you to build your playoff roster accordingly.

20 is more than enough, as you can still have a roster such as:

-3 QB's
-5 or 6 RB's
-6 WR's
-2 TE's
-2 DEF
-1 or 2 K

It sounds like your case is more just an accidental error on your part (which I believe Tom and Greg would correct if you emailed them right away).
Dude your missing the point.. the error on my part would have only addressed one issue I have here, but look at the post above me.. this guy is in the playoffs and is decimated with injuries.. (to my benefit of course) but I have no issue with him picking up players because I'd have the same right and who gets hurt here by allowing pick ups? Nobody. Your taking the skill out of fantasy football. You can only plan so much .. you can only handcuff so many people. you can't handcuff everyone ... I've survived with the shit kapernick all season. that's why I picked up Stanton and I had Mcnown (who was dropped by accident). however if kapernick would have gone down or benched for week 16 im screwed, it's not fair ..

for regular leagues, it's fine.. for these leagues there is nothing that should prevent this rule change.. your essentially turning regular auction leagues into Auction draftmaster leagues.. and I hate the f'ing draftmaster formats and play in the other leagues because I enjoy being able to pick up players.

other high stakes leagues are starting to catch on to this.. people want to play in leagues that are similar to what they play in at home with their buddies just on a higher scale with the nFFC.. but your just creating a lottery format when you stop what you've done all year long and don't allow pick ups.

again im in 1st place.. but my running backs are Darren sproles, and marcel reece with Tolbert on the bench LOL. I can't pick up a shitty jaguar back or anyone .. I can't pick up Donald brown, Im stuck.. and the guy who just happened to be the healthiest (the 4th seed ) now will win a league and get 15,000.00. that's life, but not skill. it's skill with a whole bunch of luck thrown in.
Bring it on .

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:49 pm

I agree with both Mike and Jared here. There isn't a good reason imo to stop waivers if your season is ongoing in these single leagues. It adds to the strategy of managing your free agent $ and blocking other people with waiver moves.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:54 pm

I would vote for 2 extra roster spots at end of week 13 and then have them locked for EVERY NFFC league.

Single leagues with added FAAB through Week 16......I could live with that. Main Events/grand prize leagues.......NO WAY.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:10 pm

nails wrote: Dude your missing the point.. the error on my part would have only addressed one issue I have here, but look at the post above me.. this guy is in the playoffs and is decimated with injuries...
If you're talking single leagues without a grand prize then yes I agree with Jared.

However I was responding to this:
this is a rule I've not liked for many years.. In the primetime and classics.. expand rosters week 13 by one or 2.
To me it's fine in the grand prize leagues.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:35 pm

So is the request to just make FAAB pickups in the playoffs of a private league like the NFFC 14-Team Super Auction League with remaining FAAB? So now you're planning for how much FAAB you have left for the playoffs as well? You're not adding more FAAB for those four playoff teams, correct?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:So is the request to just make FAAB pickups in the playoffs of a private league like the NFFC 14-Team Super Auction League with remaining FAAB? So now you're planning for how much FAAB you have left for the playoffs as well? You're not adding more FAAB for those four playoff teams, correct?
I think it's a good idea in standalone leagues so long as all teams have incentive to compete where consolation money is on the line, too.

For the overall contests, probably not a good idea with the possible exception of replacements kickers, and maybe QBs.

nails

Post by nails » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:53 pm

Greg..

yes, my request or opinion only has to do with any private leagues, or auction leagues that don't end in end of year tournaments.. I agree you shouldn't allow it in primetime or classics or even online championship leagues or cutline.

but in auction, or private leagues sponsored by NFFC, why not just allow pickups all the way through to the end

Don't give people extra money.. no need for more FAAB money, just extend periods out till week 15 (last week being week 16 of course).

it's easy to do and just makes things so much more enjoyable and competitive...does any expert in their right mind think I would voluntarily in a league worth 15,000.00 to the winner start drew Stanton against st Louis or Kapernick in seattle this week 15? hell I would have started GENO smith over those 2 guys, but I had no options ..

just a thought.. hopefully people would agree and it sounds like they do...Mike Weber.
Bring it on .