What is the difference between NBC Satellites and NFFC satellites?

Erok

Post by Erok » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Or are they the same. I logged in tonight to sign up for some satellite leagues and was shocked & confused to see NBC everywhere! Good to see though for Tom and Greg. Hard work has paid off with a top notch well run league. I don't feel like scouring over all of the posts on the merger looking for the answer. Looking for Cliff Notes Version.

Anyways, whats the difference or are they the same? I want to make sure they fill to and was just gonna do the old format sat leagues. What is everyone doing this year? Thanks in advance.

[ July 02, 2008, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Erok ]

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:07 pm

NBC is the 12 team league version of NFFC's 14 team leagues.

Erok

Post by Erok » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Thank you Riff. I thought I wouldnt like the 14 team format, but I LOVE it! Sticking with the Original Version.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:27 pm

I agree, after doing 14 team leagues for the last couple years; 12 team leagues seem "too easy" or at least not as challenging. But it's great that Greg/Tom can offer both versions for those who want it.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:29 pm

Originally posted by Erok:
Or are they the same. I logged in tonight to sign up for some satellite leagues and was shocked & confused to see NBC everywhere! Good to see though for Tom and Greg. Hard work has paid off with a top notch well run league. I don't feel like scouring over all of the posts on the merger looking for the answer. Looking for Cliff Notes Version.

Anyways, whats the difference or are they the same? I want to make sure they fill to and was just gonna do the old format sat leagues. What is everyone doing this year? Thanks in advance. Correct. Our partnership with NBC Sports has allowed us to expand and offer a second offering of our live events and satellite leagues. The NFFC will remain a 14-team format and will now be called NBC Sports NFFC Classic. Everything will remain as was in past years.

We've also added live events and satellite leagues in a 12-team format called NBC Sports NFFC Primetime. Everything will be in 12-team leagues with the exact same scoring system, 13-week regular seasons and payouts at the same percentage of NFFC Classic. It gives us a good chance to grow in the more traditional 12-team format while still growing in the 14-team format.

I know a lot of our veteran owners love the ultimate competition in the 14-team format and I'm glad so many are returning to the NFFC Classic games. But I think we're going to have a great game with NFFC Primetime too, so good luck either way. Welcome back.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:23 am

I think what's somewhat confusing is that most of us have been associating "NFFC" with a 14-team format, and "NBC" with a 12-team format.

Renaming the events "NBC Sports NFFC Classic" and "NBC Sports NFFC Primetime" doesn't necessarily communicate the format in a natural manner.

I'm not trying to be critical, it just took me a while to figure it out myself. So I would imagine that a newcomer to the site would have trouble understanding the difference, at least initially, until they did some digging.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:05 am

I would say that people have come on these boards and haven't noticed the NBC satellites...The actual satellite dates are in one thread, and the signups are on another. I would 1-Try and incorporate both into one thread, 2-Try and put "12 Teamers" so everyone knows, and 3-Try and highlight the thread at the top of the page so it stands out...

*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:41 am

Later this month I may have to do a satellite league just to show my dominance over my peers.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

bluenose

Post by bluenose » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:02 pm

Shrink,

I still can't figure it out... how does it work?

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:03 am

Originally posted by Bluenose:
Shrink,

I still can't figure it out... how does it work? The "Classic" is the $100,000 14-team Main event, where the "Primetime" is the $100,000 12-team Main Event.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven