Question?

ebbjl

Question?

Post by ebbjl » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:12 pm

My scenario. We will be tied for the head to head record and the other team we are tied with has the most points in the league. There is a chance that we will finish third in points instead of second in points. If this happens are we out? We have Jones Drew still to go and if he has a very good night this will not matter but, if he does not we will be tied for best record but third in points. Anybody?

GOD Hates You

Question?

Post by GOD Hates You » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:42 am

Pretty sure teams tied for best record goes to the team with the highest points(season) as 1st tiebreaker. Do confirm though.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Jersey Dawg

Question?

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:24 am

I think you will be on the short end of the stick if this happens. I believe the best record will go to the tied team with the most points (of the tied teams). That is the tie breaker.

From there, the system will look for the most points leader.... same team with the best record in your case. If that holds up, he gets $5,000 all to himself.

Second place, and $2,500 (NFFC) or $2,000 (NBC) would go to the next highest scoring team. Maybe you, maybe not.

Third highest scoring team gets 3rd place money.

All that said, the top 10% of scoring teams still advance for the chance at $100K regardless. If you come in 2nd, you get in automatically. If not, you need to be in the top 10%.

Best of luck - Pete

[ December 01, 2008, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

Greg Ambrosius

Question?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:49 am

Originally posted by IT'S TIME AGAIN:
My scenario. We will be tied for the head to head record and the other team we are tied with has the most points in the league. There is a chance that we will finish third in points instead of second in points. If this happens are we out? We have Jones Drew still to go and if he has a very good night this will not matter but, if he does not we will be tied for best record but third in points. Anybody? Yes, first tie-breaker in h2h is total points. In your scenario if it happens that way, you'd earn third place league money and not automatically qualify for the Championship Round. If you are in the Top 10% of total points leaders, you'd earn a wild card spot in the Championship Round. Good luck.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ebbjl

Question?

Post by ebbjl » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:50 am

Thanks for replying. I thought that was how it worked. It will really be the raw end of the deal as we lost during the hurricane week by 4 points and we had no defense. It stinks how that played out as now it could cost us a H2H championship and a spot in the big show. I remeber sitting at my computer for waivers that week and almost picking up a second defense and then thinking that there is no way they would cancel the game. I think it was handled the only way it could be and I should have picked up a D to be safe so it is my fault but it is still a bitter pill to swallow. I guess I just have to hope Maurice Jones Drew goes wild tonight. Thanks again. Terrible Two's (Chicago)

TradeStar28

Question?

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:56 am

Thanks for replying. I thought that was how it worked. It will really be the raw end of the deal as we lost during the hurricane week by 4 points and we had no defense. It stinks how that played out as now it could cost us a H2H championship and a spot in the big show. I remeber sitting at my computer for waivers that week and almost picking up a second defense and then thinking that there is no way they would cancel the game. I think it was handled the only way it could be and I should have picked up a D to be safe so it is my fault but it is still a bitter pill to swallow. I guess I just have to hope Maurice Jones Drew goes wild tonight. Thanks again. Terrible Two's (Chicago) That is a tough situation....Sorry to see that something out of your control may affect your season.

How many points do you need from MJD? FI$HER will be rooting for you.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

ebbjl

Question?

Post by ebbjl » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:35 am

We need 28.16 points out of MJD tonight to move into second in points and make the championship field. Only real line-up decision this week was Winslow vs Donald Lee. Needless to say we went with Winslow. The extra points out of Lee may have made this a little easier. Winslow has sure been a major bust. Anyway, go Maurice Jones Drew!

Terrible Two's (Chicago League 5)

TradeStar28

Question?

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:33 am

We need 28.16 points out of MJD tonight to move into second in points and make the championship field. Only real line-up decision this week was Winslow vs Donald Lee. Needless to say we went with Winslow. The extra points out of Lee may have made this a little easier. Winslow has sure been a major bust. Anyway, go Maurice Jones Drew!

Terrible Two's (Chicago League 5) 2 td = 12
83 rush = 8.3
5 catches for 55 yards = 8 points

Total = 28.3

TradeStar28

Question?

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:39 am

I went into the FI$HER vault and see that MJD vs Houston on 10.14.07 posted the following:

12 carries for 125 yards , 2 TD's
4 catches for 59 yards
----------------

32.9 points