Lugnuts DC Invitational - looking for like minded drafters

Steel Lugnuts

Lugnuts DC Invitational - looking for like minded drafters

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Tom at NFFC mentioned I can setup a DC league with teams that I know are good drafters and won't stall or take the full 8hrs on purpose. I'm doing this because in DC 59, a team by the name of PB and KK (Paul Bond and Kris Karazissis) have already timed out twice and average 6hrs a pick...even after Tom had reached out to them...stay far away from them or enter leagues with them at your own risk. We just entered the 12th rd and we started a week ago today. Of course, a couple other teams have been pretty bad, but not worth mentioning names.

I work during the week and have meetings quite often, but still able to make my pick within a couple hours at the most, available any time to draft during the evening and weekends...not to mention I like to sleep at night without having to worry about the timer, so it will still be an 8-hr draft, just without the headaches.

Tony Groupensberger need not apply, you were so bad last year, you are on my DND list. lol If anyone that reads this cares to add to the DND list, I'd like to make sure they do not get added to this league.

There are some obvious regulars that I am aware of these last few years that if you want to join, you will be added without question.

If this doesn't fly, then no big deal, but so frustrated with this league 59 figured I'd give it a shot.

Steel Lugnuts

Re: Lugnuts DC Invitational - looking for like minded drafte

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:22 pm

OK, I'll be the first to join, just need 11 more. :)

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:56 pm

For those concerned about the name Lugnuts DC Invitational, the name will actually be whatever league number NFFC comes up with! :) The league would not go off right away, will probably take some time to fill up. I've received a few emails saying they are interested, but nothing affirmative. We have time, no hurry...this will probably take about 2-weeks to complete, so we have some time until this kicks off.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:34 pm

PB and KK timed out again...it would be awesome if NFFC can figure out a way to prevent these d-bags like this from continuing to ruin drafts. Put them on auto and don't allow them to remove it!

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:16 am

Get in a 4 hr one. Much faster, better drafters.I started a 4hr & a 8hr one on the same day, just to see if it would be that much faster.It lasted about a week and a half.The 8hr was a slow mess of over 3 almost 4 weeks.So if you really want a nice hassle free draft go to a 4hr one.If you get this one off the ground I might be interested, but would rather do a 4hr one.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:22 am

Right now kind of waiting for the 4hr one on the board to get closer to filling so I can jump in.But if you can get some fast guys that won't take 4/6 hrs every pick I'm in.I mean do these slow guys think their pick will be any better because they took 6hrs to pick it ?

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:01 am

got heeem wrote:Get in a 4 hr one. Much faster, better drafters.I started a 4hr & a 8hr one on the same day, just to see if it would be that much faster.It lasted about a week and a half.The 8hr was a slow mess of over 3 almost 4 weeks.So if you really want a nice hassle free draft go to a 4hr one.If you get this one off the ground I might be interested, but would rather do a 4hr one.
I don't really want to do a 4-hr, don't like the fact the clock doesn't suspend overnight. I know Greg mentioned they have a work around, but not big on that idea. My 8-hr draft would be similar, as no one will take the full 8hrs to make a pick, it would be with good drafters who pay attention. It would probably complete in about the same time a 4hr draft would.

Doesn't seem to be getting much traction however, will keep this thread open for a couple more days and see what happens. I have a couple people like you interested, but nothing confirmed as of yet.

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 am

I'd be interested if a $400 DC, not sure which price point you had in mind. Please advise.

COZ
COZ

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:57 am

Sorry Coz, $150.

Bigperl

Post by Bigperl » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:24 pm

I like the 8 hour format so long as it moves reasonably fast and there is good communication when it can't, so this works for me.