Saturday Night 9/5 in NYC- THROWBACK DRAFT! (sold out!)

BillyWaz

Re: Saturday Night 9/5 in NYC- THROWBACK DRAFT! (sold out!)

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Glad to have you back, Gekko.

Let's have the over/under in what round Mark selects Clayton Kershaw?

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:42 pm

agree with Billy that is what the rules say. just assumed we would be doing at the draft, I know how much Tom loves that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:47 pm

edelman24 wrote:agree with Billy that is what the rules say. just assumed we would be doing at the draft, I know how much Tom loves that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm good with whatever you guys want or, more importantly, what we put in the rules. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:36 pm

Don Draper wrote:U guys notice how quiet the participants have been since I signed up. They are probably sitting there, shivering, thinking of an excuse to tell Greg why they have to back out of this league!!!! Muuuhahaha!!!

Funny you mention that. I was thinking of telling Tom that I was going to back out, but after seeing your name added to the list it would be borderline insane to pass up an overlay of this magnitude.

I get where you're coming from Mark, after last year's debacle in the Platinum where you sat beside KOQ, you figure you can only go up from there. I admire your determination. You keep that chin up and marching forward young man!
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Marc Quitsch

Post by Marc Quitsch » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:23 pm

OK so it's settled...I will get my draft slot tomorrow, and the rest of you will get yours on draft day.
*NFFC Charter Member
*Member of the infamous Chum Chum Club
*"That Guy" with a marble notebook at live drafts, instead of a laptop

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:33 am

The Franchise wrote:
Don Draper wrote:U guys notice how quiet the participants have been since I signed up. They are probably sitting there, shivering, thinking of an excuse to tell Greg why they have to back out of this league!!!! Muuuhahaha!!!

Funny you mention that. I was thinking of telling Tom that I was going to back out, but after seeing your name added to the list it would be borderline insane to pass up an overlay of this magnitude.

I get where you're coming from Mark, after last year's debacle in the Platinum where you sat beside KOQ, you figure you can only go up from there. I admire your determination. You keep that chin up and marching forward young man!
Nelson,
We both know where your entry fee money will be at the end of the season...in my wallet

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:55 am

Couple enforcement questions:

Once the draft starts, will owners be allowed to:
1. leave the draft table and go to the bathroom
2. Look at their cell phone
3. Talk with anyone other than other owners

I assume the answer to the above questions "NO"; however what is the punishment of an owner is caught doing one of those things. Automatic DQ?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:52 am

Don Draper wrote:Couple enforcement questions:

Once the draft starts, will owners be allowed to:
1. leave the draft table and go to the bathroom
2. Look at their cell phone
3. Talk with anyone other than other owners

I assume the answer to the above questions "NO"; however what is the punishment of an owner is caught doing one of those things. Automatic DQ?
The answer is NO above. As for potty breaks or any break at all, I'll let you men handle that in New York City. But with this group I wouldn't be surprised if this is done in two hours or less, so hopefully everyone can hold it until we're done!!! :lol: This isn't a marathon we're competing in.

Good luck all and someone take video of this one!! This would be fun to watch.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:57 am

Okay, it's coming down to crunch time. Unfortunately (for me), I've been involved in NFBC baseball up until now. Time to prepare for this league. where do I start?

1. Study 12-team DC ADP list (always changing)
2. Choose 2 or 3 target players for each round and stick to them
3. Study my rankings (always changing)
4. Wear earpiece and have co-manager tell me top players available
5. Draft a certain position early (say 3 TE early) and be done with them so I don't need to study/know the "fringe" players
6. Sign up for a couple OLC leagues this coming week and take the knowledge learned in those leagues and apply it to the throwback
7. Make up emergency excuse why I need to drop this league
8. Some combination of the above

Please help!!!!

Marc Quitsch

Post by Marc Quitsch » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Mr. Draper...That almost looked like you were eating a slice of humble pie...Are you feeling ok? :lol:

Mark, you know I LOVE to talk smack...I refuse to do it here...Too much to remember, and I'm playing against what feels like somewhere around a million dollars in fantasy winnings, among all other 11 players.

My suggestion is to just keep knee deep in baseball...Football is mostly luck anyway. Bring a mag with you next Saturday and scroll through it on the way to the draft table. You'll be fine.
*NFFC Charter Member
*Member of the infamous Chum Chum Club
*"That Guy" with a marble notebook at live drafts, instead of a laptop