Friday Live Chat With Greg & Tom: All Day

Greg Ambrosius

Friday Live Chat With Greg & Tom: All Day

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:59 am

It's a busy time around here these days, but what the heck, let's be available for a Live Chat if needed. If you have any questions about the NFFC, about Jordy Nelson's injury and how it made Tom & I weep outwardly, about the industry, about the rankings, about Donald Trump, ask us now. Well, okay, maybe not about Trump, but you get the point.

We'll be in and out of this thread throughout the day, but it's time to converse and this is the best way to do it. Let's get on the same page together and kick off the greatest two weeks of the season Live drafts and auctions are approaching, so let's start talking about them!! :D

What do you have for us? Post some questions and we'll do our best to answer them. Thanks all and good luck. This is going to be a GREAT weekend of drafting with all of the third pre-season games airing, so let's do this. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

76erfan

Re: Friday Live Chat With Greg & Tom: All Day

Post by 76erfan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:10 am

last year was a banner year for rookie WR. Many of them are now being drafted really high this season.

What rookie WR have your eye and are guys you are trying to roster if at all possible?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:18 am

76erfan wrote:last year was a banner year for rookie WR. Many of them are now being drafted really high this season.

What rookie WR have your eye and are guys you are trying to roster if at all possible?
Good question. I like the offense in Philadelphia and the potential of Nelson Agholor. He could put up some solid numbers as a rookie. But the guy with the most talent is Amari Cooper. The guy looks so smooth and on Wednesday we had a Raiders' beat reporter on our SiriusXM show and he couldn't say enough good things about Cooper. I'm concerned that he is this year's Sammy Watkins on a bad offense, but the Raiders are improving and Cooper could be good enough to lift this offense up. I really hope he breaks out this year.

I'm also curious now to see what Ty Montgomery does in Green Bay. Can he be a third WR who puts up respectable numbers? I don't know, but when I saw him two weeks ago in Green Bay he stood out. Just saying, not advocating, but a possible sleeper if he can learn the offense quickly and gain Rodgers' confidence as the No. 3.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:51 am

Just curious when you think you would have draft order up for the Sept 2nd main events :)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:59 am

Coyote Streakers wrote:Just curious when you think you would have draft order up for the Sept 2nd main events :)
Since it's the first one, we're being extra careful here and making sure everyone has set their KDS preferences. A few have been lax with this first draft of the season, so I've reached out to them this morning. As a result, I think it will be early afternoon, before 3 pm ET. Future ones should be earlier, but I was worried that some people haven't yet set up their KDS preferences and needed a prod. My initial thought was correct, so I'm reaching out.

But still soon enough today, I promise.

FantasyJC

Post by FantasyJC » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:03 am

It appears a good strategy is to take 3 WRs in the first 5 rounds and some would take 4 WRs in the first 6 rounds. This way a team can have a really good WR group. By taking 4 WRs, you do not give yourself much of a chance to improve your WRs with picks later on. Most likely the WRs you take in the later rounds for depth are not going to be as good as the first 4 WRs you took.

Then at the same time it may be smarter to take a 3rd RB instead of a 4th WR because of the need for bye weeks and depth. There are not too many feature backs and if you can still get one it may make sense to grab one. It is tricky because it appears people just want to get the strongest WRs they can get and would take a chance and take a backup RB a bit later, even waiting to take a TE and QB. I think if you go for another RB after your 4th WR you can still grab a relatively solid backup.

Depending on which backup RB you take, the RB can outscore the WR you would have taken. PPR scoring gives a big edge to the WR.
Last edited by FantasyJC on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:04 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Coyote Streakers wrote:Just curious when you think you would have draft order up for the Sept 2nd main events :)
Since it's the first one, we're being extra careful here and making sure everyone has set their KDS preferences. A few have been lax with this first draft of the season, so I've reached out to them this morning. As a result, I think it will be early afternoon, before 3 pm ET. Future ones should be earlier, but I was worried that some people haven't yet set up their KDS preferences and needed a prod. My initial thought was correct, so I'm reaching out.

But still soon enough today, I promise.
Perfect thanks Greg!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:07 am

Just an FYI that if you are in a Sept. 2 Primetime or Classic league the draft order listed IS NOT the actual draft order. These leagues have to be set up manually so I just put in all the owners. KDS will be run later today as Greg said.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:27 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
76erfan wrote:last year was a banner year for rookie WR. Many of them are now being drafted really high this season.

Good question. I like the offense in Philadelphia and the potential of Nelson Agholor. He could put up some solid numbers as a rookie. But the guy with the most talent is Amari Cooper. The guy looks so smooth and on Wednesday we had a Raiders' beat reporter on our SiriusXM show and he couldn't say enough good things about Cooper. I'm concerned that he is this year's Sammy Watkins on a bad offense, but the Raiders are improving and Cooper could be good enough to lift this offense up. I really hope he breaks out this year.

I'm also curious now to see what Ty Montgomery does in Green Bay. Can he be a third WR who puts up respectable numbers? I don't know, but when I saw him two weeks ago in Green Bay he stood out. Just saying, not advocating, but a possible sleeper if he can learn the offense quickly and gain Rodgers' confidence as the No. 3.
Bad offense in Buffalo? First off, I'm not a homer when it comes to my Buffalo Bills and drafting and never have been. That said, this year, I believe that will have a decent offense. The defense? The best in the league and they'll be #1 at the end of the season, no doubt in my mind.

Offensively, I was really worried, that was, until I started watching Tyrod Taylor. I have never liked this style at the QB position but this kid can run an efficient offense. I have been to training camp and like what I see; very impressed with is accuracy.

The game against Cleveland, although no TD's, he performed admirably without Shady, Fred, Bryce and Karlos. In addition, no Sammy, Percy, Clay or Woods.

The majority of them will be ready week 1 including Shady. Sammy Watkins will be the Sammy at Clemson this season.
This team will be fun to watch on both sides of the ball.

Again, I'm not a homer when it comes to drafting; in fact, Iam worried about McCoy health wise and why I haven't drafted him. If this team stays healthy, offensively, watch out.

The offensive line has been together a few years and is improving.

I drafted Tyrod with my last pick in one Cutline; I just threw the dart; Magner mad fun of me, busting my balls. I wouldn't draft him in a high stakes league including the OL Champ. However, the players under his leadership, will perform tis year. I predict 11-5 for Buffalo and a return to the playoffs.

Let the ridicule begin :lol: :lol:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:32 am

I'm happy to report that my buddy Billy Opiola from Mosinee, Wisconsin (north of here if you can believe it!! :lol: ) has moved his Sept. 5th Classic and Primetime Online to Chicago as we are now one step closer to filling each of those leagues in the Windy City. We are two spots away from a full Chicago Primetime and three away from the Chicago Classic. Let's hope there's a couple of good owners looking for that fix next weekend. Know of anyone? ;)

The Chicago/Las Vegas Draft Champions Leagues and Auction Leagues are set and good to go. The splits between the two cities are doable and we should be fine. We have six owners in each city at Noon PT and a majority of the owners in Las Vegas for the 4 pm DC. NFFC Charter Member David Dorman is returning to Chicago in the afternoon to hassle Darryl and Mike as he is jumping into the DC Live again. This should be a lot of fun.

Thanks Windy City participants. I see the plan now and this should be a lot of fun. And we'll keep the bar open for ya!!