Saturday Night 9/5 in NYC- THROWBACK DRAFT! (sold out!)

Don Draper

Re: Saturday Night 9/5 in NYC- THROWBACK DRAFT! (sold out!)

Post by Don Draper » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Marc Quitsch wrote:Mr. Draper...That almost looked like you were eating a slice of humble pie...Are you feeling ok? :lol:

Mark, you know I LOVE to talk smack...I refuse to do it here...Too much to remember, and I'm playing against what feels like somewhere around a million dollars in fantasy winnings, among all other 11 players.

My suggestion is to just keep knee deep in baseball...Football is mostly luck anyway. Bring a mag with you next Saturday and scroll through it on the way to the draft table. You'll be fine.
Marc - If I can't get enough prep in to feel comfortable, Mr Emma could be representing our team :twisted:

Marc Quitsch

Post by Marc Quitsch » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:02 pm

You are one sneaky sneaky white boy. (from Everybody loves Raymond)
*NFFC Charter Member
*Member of the infamous Chum Chum Club
*"That Guy" with a marble notebook at live drafts, instead of a laptop

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Omg...this was a great time. 26 rounds in an hour and twenty minutes. Hope we do this every year in nyc! I am a big fan

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:15 am

76erfan wrote:Omg...this was a great time. 26 rounds in an hour and twenty minutes. Hope we do this every year in nyc! I am a big fan
Wow, that is AWESOME!! Really, only 1 hour and 20 minutes for 26 rounds, 312 players? Kudos to all of the drafters and to the facilitator who kept up with that pace!! Very cool.

I'm hearing good things about this league. Love the fact that you guys kicked it off in such great fashion. Very excited to host this again next year in New York City and to generate interest in this league in Las Vegas. Very cool.

Thanks all and let's hear some more feedback from the drafters. Very cool.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Marc Quitsch

Post by Marc Quitsch » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:24 pm

Never thought you'd need a medical staff at fantasy drafts until last night. I have never been so nervous to draft. You'll have 11+ witnesses that will tell you my face was going from bright red to a bluish zombie color prior to the draft. I was 100% sure my mind was going to go totally blank as soon as we started...and then I calmed down...lol

I planned on a 4 hour draft, so this was a great surprise when we finished under an hour and a half. Some players went a round or two early, and some players went a round or two later, but no one timed out. That in itself was incredible.

As crazy as the draft was, it was great to be part of having 11 of the greatest fantasy players around, and myself...lmao

Signed,

"Underdog"
*NFFC Charter Member
*Member of the infamous Chum Chum Club
*"That Guy" with a marble notebook at live drafts, instead of a laptop

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:39 am

guys i talked to said they loved it and want this to be a staple in NYC every year.

Was cool how we all put our phones in a box......and there was some good natured trash talk too which made it cool.

Literally we told everyone to use the restrooms before we started because we weren't going to allow anyone to get up from the table during the draft.

Best value pick was Melvin Gordon in the tenth round by Srebro

Ill post my team since this is the only NFFC league in this format this year...I don't mind it.......was really impressed with everyones memories on this one.

QB Tannehill, Carr and Cousins
RB McCoy, Stewart, Joique, M.Jones, Artis Payne, T.West, Polk
TE Kelce, Ertz, L.Green
WR Calvin, Green, Garcon, T.Williams, Cruz, Mal Floyd, LaFell, Huff, Marqise Lee
K Tucker and Gano
D Panthers and Raiders

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:49 am

76erfan wrote:guys i talked to said they loved it and want this to be a staple in NYC every year.
This will absolutely be on the schedule every year going forward. Lotta fun and great draft. Feel free to put your name on the list for 2016 at season's end. Let's make this the first sell out of next season. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:30 am

I must admit, I haven't been this excited for a league since maybe the first high stakes event I ever participated in.

Notes:
I studied my rankings for a couple weeks. what made it challenging was that my rankings were constantly changing.

I hit up the bar scene in NYC the night before. Stay out too late and drunk too much. Woke up and had to spend a couple hours trying to remember my rankings

I was happy to see I wasn't the only owner who was nervous

During the draft, I knew the player I wanted to select, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember his name. It took me a few minutes of focusing on the guy to remember his name was Jarvis Landry, ah I mean, kendall wright

Thoughts for next year?
1. Bid with real dollars for the chance to pick your draft slot. Whomever bids the most, get to pick their slot
2. Make it a 14 team league
3. Shorten the time per pick to 45 or even 30 seconds

Overall - it was a great event. I would consider doing it again next year (if I draft in NYC)