Referees are Killing the game

David U Kennedy

Referees are Killing the game

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Watching SD vs. Denver and just seen another horrible call. Ingram hits Osweiler in the head with his hand and is called for roughing. This crap isn't football anymore it's two hand touch for QB's. I give it all to guys like Favre, Marino, Kelly, Elway and Montana. They played tackle football and endured a much tougher game. When scrubs like Hoyer, Fitzpatrick, and Bortles put up big numbers it has no meaning. I don't see how you can put Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady on a higher plane than the greats aforementioned. Roger Goodell really commends these guys?

KenGill

Re: Referees are Killing the game

Post by KenGill » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:23 am

David, the officiating was much worse in the days before instant replay, and while I agree with you about some of the unnecessary roughness calls, it's not going to change. The game has gotten faster and more violent, and the league doesn't want to see itself sued out of existence. So they are going to error on the side of caution.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne