systematic removal of bye and inactive players

renman

Re: systematic removal of bye and inactive players

Post by renman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:12 pm

Now this is a topic I have brought up repeatedly in the past and often got beat up for it. Quitting owners can destroy the integrity of a league and the playing experience for several players in it. I have always thought more could be done to protect a league against this and brought up the concept of some kind of automated system that would not allow a player on bye or who is designated as "out" to be put in a lineup. I say this as someone who benefited from a quitter owner last week.

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:28 pm

I'd rather just see pure total points. Then if someone quits it doesn't matter, no new program is needed and the most deserving teams win the money. But I've been saying that for years...

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:32 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:I'd rather just see pure total points. Then if someone quits it doesn't matter, no new program is needed and the most deserving teams win the money. But I've been saying that for years...
I'm totally with you there, Jared. The problem is ESPN and Yahoo is all about H2H, and too many have that mentality. If switched, it may deter many from playing here.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:48 am

greg and tom could never eliminate head to head from a business standpoint. but the deadbeat owners in cutlines and satellite leagues are plenty and if possible something should be done if possible.it will not be 100% fixed as some teams do not bother to do fa at all but something is better than nothing.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:24 am

Obama will utter the words Islamic Terrorism sooner than the NFFC is going to fix this issue.
Deal with it guys, I agree with you, but it's not going to change.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne