Kicker/Def combined

ulbkumn

Kicker/Def combined

Post by ulbkumn » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:15 pm

Im so tired of how fluky the kickers are and how easily they are injured the last couple of years. Can we stop drafting kickers and just make their points count towards Def/special teams. There are technically special team players anyways. No more worrying about if your kicker is injured or if the team score a TD and the kicker gets 1 point or the team stalls and the kicker gets 3-5 points. This might move def/special teams up draft boards.

Cocktails and Dreams

Re: Kicker/Def combined

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:41 pm

If the kicker is part of that you would still be worried about if they got 1 point or a fg wouldn't you? I know I would be.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:41 pm

I personally would have no problem getting rid of kickers all together.....so unpredictable.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:54 am

We ditched kickers and DSTs in one of our home leagues this year. No one misses kickers, but we're considering bringing back DSTs, but at reduced scoring from what we had before. The rationale is that many of the top ones drafted do end up scoring the most, but we just don't want them to effect outcomes as much as position players, seeing most DSTs are drafted so late. Kickers though, are drafted even later, often streamed from waivers, and most of the top scorers very unpredictable.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:41 am

Because kickers are part of the real game, I personally think they should remain relevant in the fantasy game. My thinking is that when there are points scored in an NFL game, there should be points scored in the fantasy game. However, I wouldn't have an issue moving to "team kicker' concept similar to the DST. This would solve some of the injury issues but I guess the "flukiness" of their scoring would remain unchanged.
Go Big Red!

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:12 am

I've pushed the team kicker concept for a few years. Good Luck :roll:
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:18 pm

Absolutely no reason not to be team kicker imo either. I have pushed this in the past also. Just wait until people start saying how much skill it is in drafting them in the DC's again :roll: :roll: :roll: Another year of kicker chaos in those.

PS- I was in a league this year that combined D's and K's for the first time and I absolutely hated it. I very often wanted the D or K match up but didn't like the other and it resulted in one of the two doing poorly a lot.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Count me in for another Team K vote.

I had a DC team where I drafted 5 kickers (4 had jobs on Opening Day), at one point I was down to just Cairo Santos. Luckily, three of the other four have gained back jobs somewhere (Barth, Hocker, Forbath), the other is on IR (Parkey).

I know those guys aren't huge names, nor were they safe options by any means, but with 5 guys (4 with jobs out of camp), you should not be in danger of taking a zero by Week 5.

It's not like a QB/TE where you can handcuff them or draft some fliers, almost every single team in the league breaks camp with only one FG kicker on their roster, so you have no clue who's gonna fill in for your guy if they get hurt or suck.

ulbkumn

Post by ulbkumn » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:39 am

I had Nick Folk on a bunch of teams this year. There was word that is hamstring tighten up during the game but finish the game. Every day I kept looking for any news on if the injury was serious. On friday after seeing no reports on him I decided not to put a waiver claim on another kicker. He started the game as the kick holder and not the kicker. How do you adjust for this? Team kicker is fine with me.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Stupid position that does no good, only harm.

22 kickers finished between 12.1 and 8.1 points per game. Odds are most weeks kickers neutralize each other and have no effect on the outcome. It only penalizes owners when they get hurt.