Week 1 Postseason Contest Ownership

JETS SB

Re: Week 1 Postseason Contest Ownership

Post by JETS SB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:33 pm

TR wrote:
Nothing in ur response makes sense...u keep harping on multi entry and don't realize how stupid u sound thinking multi entry is the only contest type available in fanduel..keep on ASSuming tho :lol:
And you keep commenting on a game you never play... and would play LESS, if they changed the rules.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Makes complete sense..

I admit I dont know a lot about FanDuel tournaments, although I can say that I do know they have no multi week tournaments like this one, as it would constitute skill, which is not applicable over there.

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:40 pm

I don't quite understand the point you guys make: If the contest allows stacking one team, then everyone will do it and the contest will lose value. I don't think so. Let me explain.

First, stacking ONE team will not work. You have to stack TWO teams and that makes it harder (NFC and AFC). However, stacking is a risky strategy, even if you decided to stack two #1 seeds. #1 seeds routinely get knocked out. This year when we have #1 vs #2 in both conferences is the EXCEPTION and not the norm in the NFL.

Some argue, with some validity, that a player who does multiple entries can choose to stack two #1s and have other combinations with other entries. I don't know how that is different from the current situation. If I played 10 entries, I can choose one with Brady and Cam, and then add Gronk and Olsen, and then Edelman and Ginn or whoever.

My biggest question about this contest is: how can I play for 4 weeks and still be interested/have a chance? I am sure many of you might ask this same question. Without lifting the limit, I don't know how. Under the current design, this does not work for me.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Frozen Tundra wrote:I don't quite understand the point you guys make: If the contest allows stacking one team, then everyone will do it and the contest will lose value. I don't think so. Let me explain.

First, stacking ONE team will not work. You have to stack TWO teams and that makes it harder (NFC and AFC). However, stacking is a risky strategy, even if you decided to stack two #1 seeds. #1 seeds routinely get knocked out. This year when we have #1 vs #2 in both conferences is the EXCEPTION and not the norm in the NFL.

Some argue, with some validity, that a player who does multiple entries can choose to stack two #1s and have other combinations with other entries. I don't know how that is different from the current situation. If I played 10 entries, I can choose one with Brady and Cam, and then add Gronk and Olsen, and then Edelman and Ginn or whoever.

My biggest question about this contest is: how can I play for 4 weeks and still be interested/have a chance? I am sure many of you might ask this same question. Without lifting the limit, I don't know how. Under the current design, this does not work for me.
The point is, if you can stack teams, everyone will stack. Same as there are 300 teams with Brady and Cam as their QBs, there will be 300 teams with all Pats and Panthers.... 200 teams with Pats and Cardinals, 100 teams with Broncos and Panthers, and so on.... There would still be no way for you to catch up, if you were far behind, even if you were able to stack, since whichever teams you pick, there will be 100+ teams ahead of you, with basically the same stack. You have to limit the players per team.

TR

Post by TR » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:33 pm

JETS SB wrote:
TR wrote:
Nothing in ur response makes sense...u keep harping on multi entry and don't realize how stupid u sound thinking multi entry is the only contest type available in fanduel..keep on ASSuming tho :lol:
And you keep commenting on a game you never play... and would play LESS, if they changed the rules.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Makes complete sense..

I admit I dont know a lot about FanDuel tournaments, although I can say that I do know they have no multi week tournaments like this one, as it would constitute skill, which is not applicable over there.
So according to u..only ppl who play a particular contest should be able to comment on it? :lol: Who's to say I might not play it in the future for some reason I thought would warrant giving it a try? The funniest thing is my fanduel reference was mainly to illustrate how allowing stacking with more players from 1 team is a bad idea for ANY fantasy contest...and u seem to agree as u have said u love the contest rules as they are. Yet u chose to focus on me mentioning fanduel and single entry to try and get into some pissing contest..and making yourself look foolish in the process :lol:

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:32 pm

JETS SB wrote:
TR wrote:

Skill is applicable in the DFS tournaments, especially in the single entry formats that Fanduel offers. However, the skill aspect is greatly diminished in the multi-entry contests that contain large fields where some choose to enter 100 lineups. Getting one entry to hit and be unique is rare.
Go Big Red!