Draft room items

Coltsfan

Draft room items

Post by Coltsfan » Mon May 30, 2016 9:09 am

I just have a couple of quick questions. Last year we were talking about having a "pick 2" option and I thought you guys had said that it was going to be used for baseball this past year. Is there any way to incorporate it into the football draft room? I'm picking first but I can't put in my picks because the second pick depends on the position I get at the first. pick.

Also, is there any way to drop the chat from refreshing back to the beginning every 10-15 seconds. It's impossible to go back and read what folks are talking about without it scrolling back to the top every few seconds. It makes it almost worthless unless you are in the chat room with someone at the same time. Hopefully there is a setting I'm missing or something.

Wayne

Sandman62

Re: Draft room items

Post by Sandman62 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Good ideas Wayne. Can we also please get some additional movement buttons in the queue of the HTML version (i.e. Move to Top/Bottom, Move up/down 5 or 10, etc.)? On a computer, I use the Flash version, but when mobile, I really try to keep up to help keep drafts moving; and it's much harder to manage my queue in the HTML version.

Also, every time you enter the HTML draft room, it turns off your Autopick setting - which I tend to forget to turn back on - then I hold up a draft while taking the full 8 hours. Can you please make it remember the last setting?

Thanks guys.

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Mon May 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Coltsfan wrote:I just have a couple of quick questions. Last year we were talking about having a "pick 2" option and I thought you guys had said that it was going to be used for baseball this past year. Is there any way to incorporate it into the football draft room? I'm picking first but I can't put in my picks because the second pick depends on the position I get at the first. pick.
It's amazing how many people get mad at you in DC's for not using auto pick and every year when I'm on the end I have to ask if they are complete idiots for this very reason. Feels amazing that someone else actually gets it, wouldn't think it's that hard to understand. I want to drive to your house and shake your hand Wayne lol! I am all for 2 separate ques so you can actually auto pick from the end.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Tue May 31, 2016 6:01 am

Really guys,everyone here has asked from the start of the DCs to get auto 2.We have also been promised that there would be a new draft room.All we get is we are working on it.As long as the money keeps flowing in,the NFFC will keep giving us empty unanswered promises.The only reason I even play games here is the fairly fast payoffs.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 31, 2016 7:27 am

Coltsfan wrote:I just have a couple of quick questions. Last year we were talking about having a "pick 2" option and I thought you guys had said that it was going to be used for baseball this past year. Is there any way to incorporate it into the football draft room? I'm picking first but I can't put in my picks because the second pick depends on the position I get at the first. pick.

Also, is there any way to drop the chat from refreshing back to the beginning every 10-15 seconds. It's impossible to go back and read what folks are talking about without it scrolling back to the top every few seconds. It makes it almost worthless unless you are in the chat room with someone at the same time. Hopefully there is a setting I'm missing or something.

Wayne
We did not incorporate 2 Round Auto into baseball and it's not going to be developed for football. Sorry. We understand that it would speed up the DCs, but we are working on other items at this time.

The new HTML draft room should go live shortly and hopefully will take care of the Chat issue and Que issues that are mentioned in this thread. We will keep the old HTML for those who still like to use that for drafting on the phones, but we want to make the new HTML draft room live very soon, get your feedback there and get more folks using that format. We'll update when that is live. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 31, 2016 7:35 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:
It's amazing how many people get mad at you in DC's for not using auto pick and every year when I'm on the end I have to ask if they are complete idiots for this very reason. Feels amazing that someone else actually gets it, wouldn't think it's that hard to understand. I want to drive to your house and shake your hand Wayne lol! I am all for 2 separate ques so you can actually auto pick from the end.
It's not hard to understand Jared, but it's not a quick addition either. I wish we had this for all of our sports because our DCs are so very popular, but we just have to bang out some other items first like the new HTML draft rooms in each sport. We HAVE to get off Flash with so many people drafting on iPads and other devices. That is the first priority with every contest. Let's get that rolled out in the next week or so, keep improving it and get people drafting on more current devices.

We're not trying to ignore what folks want, but our old draft rooms have to be replaced and improved. That's first on the list.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Tue May 31, 2016 9:35 am

Totally get it, bigger fish to fry first. Personally, if people wouldn't get mad because you can't auto pick from the end it wouldn't even really bother me. That's the main reason I want it, so the people who don't understand it will settle down because then I'll be able to two round auto.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 31, 2016 9:49 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Totally get it, bigger fish to fry first. Personally, if people wouldn't get mad because you can't auto pick from the end it wouldn't even really bother me. That's the main reason I want it, so the people who don't understand it will settle down because then I'll be able to two round auto.
In baseball we have 50-round DCs and 15-team leagues, so we'd really love to have it there. It's needed more in baseball, but once we have it everyone will appreciate it in every sport. We spent a lot of programming time on the debut NFBC Cutline Championship this year and continue to do that, along with upgrading the new HTML draft room in both sports. We still have tweaks to make there and need to get that out soon.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:26 am

Greg, with the explosion of the DC format in both Baseball and Football, I think this is something you guys really need to invest some time in.

MFL has been using a great system for years that would work perfectly here, it basically lets you set an AutoDraft list on a round by round basis. Basically if we are in the 11th round, when you go to set your Predraft List, it's only for the 11th round, once you submit your list, a new screen pops up with the 12th round where you can set a new list or incorporate players from the previous list.

I know you don't want multiple pages and would just prefer one draft room screen, but there's gotta be a way to incorporate something similar with the popularity of the DC format.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:14 am

CALI CARTEL wrote:Greg, with the explosion of the DC format in both Baseball and Football, I think this is something you guys really need to invest some time in.

MFL has been using a great system for years that would work perfectly here, it basically lets you set an AutoDraft list on a round by round basis. Basically if we are in the 11th round, when you go to set your Predraft List, it's only for the 11th round, once you submit your list, a new screen pops up with the 12th round where you can set a new list or incorporate players from the previous list.

I know you don't want multiple pages and would just prefer one draft room screen, but there's gotta be a way to incorporate something similar with the popularity of the DC format.
You aren't getting any argument from my on this one. Yeah, that would work perfectly. Love the idea and it would help our growing DC format in all of our sports. The key is getting through everything else that we're behind in, which includes draft rooms that get us off the so-outdated Flash software. We have to get a workable, new HTML draft room rolling and working to perfection in all sports first. We also need to get through the debut NFBC Cutline Championship playoff format, which is complicated and programmed for this season.

I'd love to duplicate the format you mentioned to speed up the DCs. I just know it will be nearly impossible to get it on the list in time for football DCs. Sorry, but that's just where we're at right now.