Is It Time to Move the 2nd FAAB Period to Saturday?

Hunter1

Re: Is It Time to Move the 2nd FAAB Period to Saturday?

Post by Hunter1 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:47 am

Wait a minute. Bye weeks. Accounting for 2 sets of bye weeks in one WW period? Is that it? Did I finally have that long-awaited breakthrough?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat May 28, 2016 1:47 pm

Sometimes I read my posts after I write them and I don't even know what I said lol.

All I meant was that if we had a single waiver wire on Fridays then you simply have to take into account the following weeks Thursday night game. You would just a need contingency plan for an players on your roster that are playing the following Thursday just in case they get injured. It really won't come into play very often. But as long as you have another option for any Thursday night players then you should be fine.

Wayne

Hunter1

Post by Hunter1 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:41 pm

Oh, it's not you. It's me.

Money

Post by Money » Sat May 28, 2016 10:53 pm

It seems to me that if you lose a player in one scoring period you should have the opportunity to replace and or upgrade that player, or your bench player (if you have one) before the next scoring period. It seems that life and fantasy situations dictate most folks opinion ( including mine) on this. As Jules said there is no way that you can please everyone on this subject.

The integrity of the game and being fair should rule the day. Players schedules and life situations are all different and should not dictate the timeframe. I believe that is best served by leaving well enough alone.
Joe

Erok

Post by Erok » Tue May 31, 2016 10:26 pm

I would just like to see all faab times moved bavk to 11:59pm wednesdays & fridays/saturdays.

it would make it easier on us guys married with kids;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:44 am

I have talked with IT about this and moving to our old way of one FAAB on a Friday is doable, but changing to include cuts from the Thursday Night Game won't be a quick fix. We are looking into everything, but again it's not something we have planned right now and we already have a lot to complete before the season starts.

So the question is: Does a Friday-only FAAB that doesn't allow you to cut players from the Thursday games become more of a negative than a positive? In other words, if we can't finish one part of this does it make sense to stay with two FAAB periods?

I'm definitely not against a Friday-only FAAB. I think we all may have over-reacted to the one Thursday Night Game per week and how it's drastically changed your work week with all of your teams. But throwing out this change and not being able to program a key aspect of this request needs to be analyzed. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:19 pm

The critical change is being able to cut thurs bench guys.

I'd still lean towards having 2 faab periods, but whether it's one or two the bigger issue is being able to drop guys that I'm not playing for the week.

I don't want to have to decide 2 weeks in advance whether or not to keep a player with a thursday game on his schedule.

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:14 am

Let me put it simply. I hate the Wednesday draft. The lack of information by the time the Wednesday draft comes around is extremely frustrating. I work a full time job from 8:00 am to 6:30 pm everyday. Most information, what little does come out, is usually on a Wednesday. Last year I missed on players because I was too busy to (a) pay attention and (b) I usually had a the most an hour to figure out who I wanted to draft. I seriously considered not playing this year or switching to a different format.

I do know that I have greatly limited the number of teams that I play each year due to the Wednesday draft. I am all for one draft a week on Friday.

driftin

Post by driftin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:20 am

I am definitely in favor of keeping 2-FAAB periods.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:21 am

I would prefer to go back to the one Friday period. Coz and others made great points regarding the timing of information, roster workload, etc.