Xbox or playstation?

renman

Xbox or playstation?

Post by renman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Thinking about allowing my kids to get into the gaming world (thinking they will be left behind if I do not). One boy is into football and madden. I am not a video game person or techie in any way. Any thoughts/feedback?

Fourslot40

Re: Xbox or playstation?

Post by Fourslot40 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:33 pm

I had several xbox game consoles and had nothing but problems. Had to either get a new console or throw out scratched games. I've had a PS4 for some time now and it's great. In fact, I had PS2 and it still works so my personal opinion is that it is of better quality. It also does alot more than just video games. You can access Netflix and live stream all sports. In fact, I'm doing away with cable soon and will stream all of my TV through the console. My two cents... good luck, he will enjoy either game console for sure.

ulbkumn

Post by ulbkumn » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Wait for the nintendo switch that comes out in March

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:57 am

Neither, turn on the NFL games instead, get them started with fantasy football early on. LOL

My daughter is 11 and has a Kindle and enjoys it, but I won't get her an Xbox / PlayStation..... too much time wasted where she could be doing other things. She loves to read books which will really help her as she moves through life.

Just my two cents!
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

renman

Post by renman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:51 am

Appreciate the tips. I am one of those parents who has been resistant to having the kids play on the machines. We have been late to the game with all technology compared to their friends at school. They finally got tablets (that they are forced to use for academics as much as gaming) just this year. I actually took the tablets away this weekend and told them for every hour they play in the snow they get 15 minutes of tablet time. We went sleigh riding for 3 hours. Having said that, I know the world is a wired world and denying them this kind of technology can ultimately leave them behind too. My one son has shown interest in Madden on the Wii and on his tablet. The Wii version is like from 7 years ago or something.

I have just been sniffing around at the idea of it. Plus it is my understanding these machines have other capabilities like streaming movies and stuff. Still undecided.