Playoff question

Old School

Playoff question

Post by Old School » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 pm

....I'm assuming this is the case, but I thought I would ask. If a team had Jordy week 1, he'd have X2 point multiplier this week. So if we remove him from our lineup this week and the Packers win, and we then reinstall him next week, I assume he would get X3 points multiplier. Is that correct?

Thx

benjamincarm

Re: Playoff question

Post by benjamincarm » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:33 pm

I had another clarification question: the multiplier is only for the weekly points correct?

If I have Bell and he scores 31 week one and 20 week 2, I'd only have his 20 points multiplied by 2, not 51 multiplied by 2, correct?

Old School

Post by Old School » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:41 pm

benjamincarm wrote:I had another clarification question: the multiplier is only for the weekly points correct?

If I have Bell and he scores 31 week one and 20 week 2, I'd only have his 20 points multiplied by 2, not 51 multiplied by 2, correct?
....I do know that one....you are correct!

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Old School wrote:....I'm assuming this is the case, but I thought I would ask. If a team had Jordy week 1, he'd have X2 point multiplier this week. So if we remove him from our lineup this week and the Packers win, and we then reinstall him next week, I assume he would get X3 points multiplier. Is that correct?

Thx
I believe, in this scenerio, if you bring him back week 3, he will be x2..you get the multipliers for the number of weeks a player is on your roster.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Old School

Post by Old School » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:26 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:
Old School wrote:....I'm assuming this is the case, but I thought I would ask. If a team had Jordy week 1, he'd have X2 point multiplier this week. So if we remove him from our lineup this week and the Packers win, and we then reinstall him next week, I assume he would get X3 points multiplier. Is that correct?

Thx
I believe, in this scenerio, if you bring him back week 3, he will be x2..you get the multipliers for the number of weeks a player is on your roster.
Actually that sounds more correct Bill..thx

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:01 am

Thx
It's consecutive weeks. If you take Jordy out of your lineup at any time the next time you bring him back on your lineup he is 1x. You get rewarded for keeping these players on your roster in consecutive weeks. Good luck.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Thx
It's consecutive weeks. If you take Jordy out of your lineup at any time the next time you bring him back on your lineup he is 1x. You get rewarded for keeping these players on your roster in consecutive weeks. Good luck.

Thats not what the rules say Greg. They say you get "points for each week the player is on the roster"...not consecutive weeks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Old School wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Thx

Thats not what the rules say Greg. They say you get "points for each week the player is on the roster"...not consecutive weeks.
Rules state: "Once one of your players is eliminated from the playoffs, you can pick up a new player for that upcoming round, but the multiplier would begin at one because you just added him to your roster."

So if you have to replace a player he starts out at 1x.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Nice try Greg but the player was not eliminated from the playoffs. Sorry, but you will have to figure out how to get this to work.

Update: As of Monday afternoon Jordy Nelson was still having trouble breathing. He clearly won't practice this week and my spidey senses tell me he won't be much of a factor, if any, against Atlanta. Looks like brother Greg is off the hook. It was clearly going to be a lot of work to adjust all those scores.

benjamincarm

Post by benjamincarm » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:19 am

While I wouldn't expect to get x4 points for Jordy if the Packers make it to the Super Bowl, I would expect to get x2 since he was in my lineup week 1. The rules lack specificity regarding this, so it's a tough call, but I'm in the boat that he wasn't eliminated and should get a multiplier for each week he was in your lineup.