Playoff question

mattjb

Re: Playoff question

Post by mattjb » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:34 am

If you drop him the streak starts over. Nonsense to think anything else in my honest opinion.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 am

mattjb wrote:If you drop him the streak starts over. Nonsense to think anything else in my honest opinion.
Totally agree. If you drop him the streak is over. It has been like this since you started this contest.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

benjamincarm

Post by benjamincarm » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:41 am

Agree...if it was in the rules, it's not.

benjamincarm

Post by benjamincarm » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:47 am

"Each week the number of points an NFL player earns for you will be multiplied by the number of weeks he has been on your roster"

If he has been on my roster twice, why shouldn't I get 2x points?

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:58 am

It simply needs to be clarified for next year. There is nothing in the rules stipulating "consecutive" weeks on a roster. It says points multiply for each week on your roster.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:26 pm

I was hoping Nelson wouldn't play to avoid the unpleasantries. Alas, he may play and those that had him on their original rosters may be forced to play him to have any chance.

The rules are unambiguous so no ruling from Greg is possible on this issue. The rules for this year clearly state that the number of points is multiplied by the number of weeks that player is on your roster. How clear is that? Yes, saying consecutive weeks would change that meaning, but it doesn't say consecutive, so the meaning is incredibly clear. A ruling otherwise is not a clarification, it is a change to the written rules.

So here is what Greg will have to do. If Nelson plays, all the teams that have Nelson in Week 20 will have to be reviewed to see if he was there Week 18. If so, their points will have to be adjusted. Failing to do that a referral to the FSTA as a first step would be in order.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:18 pm

If you put Jordy Nelson in your lineup this week after pulling him out last week he will receive 1x his points. I'll admit that the first sentence needs to be clarified better but the last sentence is clear about what happens if you take out a player for a new one. The multiplier begins at 1x:

7. Hold ’Em Multipliers
Once one of your players is eliminated from the playoffs, you can pick up a new player for that upcoming round, but the multiplier would begin at one because you just added him to your roster.

This rule has been in place for 12 years without an issue and if you are asking me for a clarification I am telling you right now the scoring will be done based on consecutive weeks. There's no reward for taking a player out of your lineup and then going back to him. Please plan accordingly because this is the way it's going to be scored. Good luck.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

benjamincarm

Post by benjamincarm » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:28 pm

That's fine, but you're not clarifying the rules, you're changing them. The word consecutive is not in the rules, you're adding a very key word to the rules. And his team wasn't eliminated.

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:If you put Jordy Nelson in your lineup this week after pulling him out last week he will receive 1x his points. I'll admit that the first sentence needs to be clarified better but the last sentence is clear about what happens if you take out a player for a new one. The multiplier begins at 1x:

7. Hold ’Em Multipliers
Once one of your players is eliminated from the playoffs, you can pick up a new player for that upcoming round, but the multiplier would begin at one because you just added him to your roster.

This rule has been in place for 12 years without an issue and if you are asking me for a clarification I am telling you right now the scoring will be done based on consecutive weeks. There's no reward for taking a player out of your lineup and then going back to him. Please plan accordingly because this is the way it's going to be scored. Good luck.
The rule you cite has nothing to do with this issue. It starts: "Once one of your players is eliminated..." . This is not the the issue at hand.

I am very sorry that you refuse to administer this game according to its written rules. I am saddened because I know you are one of the good guys. I know you are stuck because this hasn't happened before and you are not set up programmatically to handle it. Yet rules are rules. You need to follow the rules, however difficult it is, especially since the game has already started. When you changed the rule on rosters from 3B and a flex to 4RB, that was before the game began so we could decide if we wanted to play based on the change you made due to programming constraints.

The rule has been in place for 12 years, but in those 12 years this issue has not arisen. Now it has. You can't just wish it away, although that is what you have done by citing a totally irrelevant section of the rules.

You can't understand how disappointed I am with your untenable decision to make a ruling for your convenience instead of supporting the rights of players to expect games to be run by stated rules.

If Nelson plays I'm going to start him and if he has a big game, we'll find another place to continue this discussion. Perhaps Judge Judy?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm sorry you're disappointed Paul but you asked me to clarify the rules before you set this lineup and I have. Why is this clarification any different than the Week 1 lineup you accepted?

A lawsuit to Judge Judy? Okay. But you asked me how this is going to be scored before you set your lineups and I've told you. Good luck to everyone this weekend.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius