Trendsetters 2017

boutrous11

Re: Trendsetters 2017

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:16 am

Also, I feel like the rookies go too late each year in this draft. You get to wait until after the NFL draft to take them, correct? Rookie 1 should be taken somewhere around the early 3rd.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:04 pm

boutrous11 wrote:Also, I feel like the rookies go too late each year in this draft. You get to wait until after the NFL draft to take them, correct? Rookie 1 should be taken somewhere around the early 3rd.
Pete, I don't have all the drafts available to me over the history of Trendsetters, but I can only think of two rookies in the last few years that have merited an early round pick. That would be Zeke and TRich. I believe TRich was taken as Rookie 1 in RD 3. There could be more, but I can't think of them. There are a lot of established players available in Phase I of this draft, if an owner deems a rookie the best option, I'm sure they'd act accordingly. Not saying you're wrong, just don't necessarily agree with you in this land of the unknown.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 am

Every pick between 3.11 and 4.10 was a QB except for 1.
That's called a run on players.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:24 am

You can't apply adp to a 14 team draftmasters. When the run starts there is always a group of players that gets pushed up and another group gets pushed down. ADP doesn't really mean anything in these drafts. You can take a player outside of the run but then give your entire draft away at another position.

Wayne

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:36 pm

ah yeah, i didn't see all of those qbs in round 3. makes the rookie slots make more sense.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:55 am

Phase II (seven rounds) started today. I'll post a few more rounds here.

7.1 Tony Romo
7.2 LeGarrette Blount
7.3 Cameron Meredith
7.4 Carson Wentz
7.5 Tyrod Taylor
7.6 Tyrell Williams
7.7 Ameer Abdullah
7.8 Jamison Crowder
7.9 Isaiah Crowell
7.10 DeSean Jackson
7.11 Dion Lewis
7.12 Randall Cobb
7.13 Zach Ertz
7.14 Ryan Tannehill

Round 7...QBs 4, RBs 4, WRs 5, TEs 1

8.1 Adrian Peterson
8.2 CJ Prosise
8.3 Cameron Brate
8.4 Devante Parker
8.5 Rookie 3
8.6 Kyle Rudolph
8.7 Ty Montgomery
8.8 Josh Doctson
8.9 Jared Cook
8.10 Martavis Bryant
8.11 Paul Perkins
8.12 Alex Smith
8.13 CJ Fiedorowicz
8.14 Latavius Murray

Round 8...QBs 1, RBs 5, WRs 3, TEs 4, Rookies 1

9.1 Pierre Garcon
9.2 Giovani Bernard
9.3 Justin Tucker
9.4 Stephen Gostkowski
9.5 Dan Bailey
9.6 Matt Bryant
9.7 Matt Prater
9.8 Mason Crosby
9.9 Kansas City D/ST
9.10 Frank Gore
9.11 Wil Lutz
9.12 Adam Vinatieri
9.13 Theo Riddick
9.14 Chandler Catanzaro

Round 9...RBs 3, WRs 1, PKs 9, D/STs 1

10.1 Houston D/ST
10.2 Caleb Sturgis
10.3 Minnesota D/ST
10.4 Denver D/ST
10.5 Kenny Britt
10.6 Graham Gano
10.7 Seattle D/ST
10.8 Tyler Lockett
10.9 Cairo Santos
10.10 Arizona D/ST
10.11 Duke Johnson
10.12 Adam Thielen
10.13 Jalen Richard
10.14 Dustin Hopkins

Round 10...RBs 2, WRs 3, PKs 4, D/STs 5

Okay, the first ten rounds of Trendsetters 2017 is completed. We have three more rounds in this Phase and begin Phase III on March 17th for seven more rounds. I'll leave it up to individual owners to post their teams after this Phase is completed.
Bill Cleavenger

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:20 am

Update through phase 2 of this draft.

Phase 1:
1. WR ABrown
2. WR DThomas
3. QB Brady
4. QB Wilson
5. TE Graham
6. RB Dixon

Phase 2:
7. RB Dion Lewis
With the potential that Blount stays and still handles 1st/2nd down duties, and with how integral a part of the Pats short passing game James White was in the Super Bowl, this is definitely a risky pick. But Lewis still seems to me like the best all-around Pats back when healthy. Let's hope he gets a shot to prove it now that he's more than a full year removed from his torn ACL and subsequent fractured patella.

8. WR Devante Parker
He has some work ethic questions, but if Stills leaves as planned, there will be targets (including deep ones) available. The recent addition of TE Julius Thomas, along with the omnipresent Landry in the same area, could draw some extra coverage in the middle of the field, allowing Parker to work downfield - as long as sophomore Leonte Carroo doesn't steal too much. Elite talent who just needs things to click this year.

9. K Wil Lutz
As a rookie last year, he missed six field goals and an extra point during the first 10 games, but finished the last six games perfectly: 12/12 field goals, 18/18 extra points. Finishing 9th among last year's kickers and playing for a perennial high-flying offense probably means that opportunities should continue.

10. DST DEN
Despite coaching changes, still one of the top defenses in the league. If Romo lands here, an improved offense could help the DST score more late-game fantasy points when they're nursing a big lead.

11. K Cody Parkey
Pro bowler in 2014 with the Eagles, but in early 2015 he tore all three muscles in his groin and missed the whole season. With the Browns, he was 20/25 in field goals and 20/21 in extra points. But his FG percentage was tainted by his first game in week 3, in which he missed 3 of 6 field goals vs. Miami in a game the Browns lost in OT. From then on though, he made 17/19, but doesn't have a big leg (just 8/13 from 40+ yds). Definitely lacked the volume to be a great kicker, but once the Browns trade for Garappolo, sign Pryor and draft Garrett... surely he'll get more chances on their way to a Super Bowl?! :lol:

12. RB TJ Yeldon
Bortles can't be as bad as last year, right? New run-oriented coach should help, as would Ivory taking a hike.

13. WR Marqise Lee
Yup, doubling down on the Jags! It was either him or John Brown at this point in the draft. Could've gone either way, but Brown still has to prove he's past his sickle cell issues.

Though I didn't plan to do a ZeroRB draft, it just turned out that way. I could end up with three high-upside starting RBs, or three guys on the wrong side of committees. Seeing it's March though and no news is good news, I'll go with the former. :D

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 pm

From the second pick.

QB: Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins
RB: Leveon Bell, CJ Prosise, Theo Riddick
WR: Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Jordan Matthews, John Brown
TE: Zach Ertz
PK: Caleb Sturgis, Josh Lambo
DEF: Carolina

7.13 - Zach Ertz - he was the last of the top tiered TE's on my board so I was thrilled he fell to me. I think Philadelphia takes a step forward this year and I guess I doubled down on them with Matthews and Ertz.

8:2 - CJ Prosise - health is an issue but I can't help but like his upside. He's got a shot at volume as well as catches.

9:13 - Theo Riddick - no idea why he was still available but I couldn't pass on him.

10:2 - Caleb Sturgis - He's a kicker....:)

11:13 - Carolina - they led the NFL in sacks and interceptions combined last year

12:2 - Josh Lambo - Another kicker who I think is safe....

13:13 - John Brown - I was going to take my second D here but looked down and I was surprised he was available. I may have way too many points on him - we'll see.

That's it so far. I feel pretty good about the draft. My only regret is Kirk Cousins...so far lol.

Wayne

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Sandman62 wrote:6.4 Kenneth Dixon
Yes, finally, I took an RB1! :lol: As the 17th RB off the board, it's a definite gamble. But he has 3-down skills and just needs more of the opportunities he saw down the stretch last year to continue.
Nice to see that his coach is hyping him up. 8-)

Matthew Berry, ESPN:
There's not much in this world that Ravens coach John Harbaugh and I have in common, but one thing we find common ground on is our love for Kenneth Dixon. Harbaugh was effusive in his praise for last year's rookie running back, saying he loves his strength, his tackle-breaking ability and his personality, and he expects him to be a "top back in this league." He went on and on about him. He also had nice things to say about Breshad Perriman and Mike Wallace (he hopes Wallace comes back), but his strongest praise during the news conference was for Dixon.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:19 pm

From the se7en slot...

7.8 Jamison Crowder (WR37 OTB) Caught 68% of 95 targets in 15 games. 6.3 tgts/g and 17 RZ tgts, also 2FPts/tgt. If DJax and Garcon are on their way out, an increase of targets could make him a worthy WR4/flex player for me.

8.7 Ty Montgomery (RB27 OTB) Thru 15 games, 6 yds/ru + 8.1 yds/rec = 6.8 yds/tch. Seems to me GB needs to find a way to get him on the field. Otherwise, he may have to take advantage of an opportunity via injury or bad play.

9.8 Mason Crosby (PK6 OTB)

10.7 Seattle (D/ST5 OTB)

11.8 Brandon McManus (PK18 OTB)

12.7 Bilal Powell (RB38 OTB) Thru 15 games, 5.5 yds/ru + 6.8 yds/rec = 5.9 yds/tch. Powell scored almost 12 FPts/gm last year. That's solid enough for a RB3 who's role shouldn't decline in 2017.

13.8 Will Fuller (WR56 OTB) I liked him as a rookie, but he disappointed in 2016. He was targeted almost 7 times per game with 14 yds/rec and eleven 20+ yd explosion plays. Hopefully, Houston's QB situation will be better and we'll see the Fuller I thought we would last year.

I'm not disappointed in my team, YET. My RB situation is what it is, since it turned out to be a ZeroRB draft. At this time of year, it's difficult to know your strengths and weaknesses, but I feel I'm going to have to hit on a couple surprises to compete.

QB...DPrescott
RB...RKelley, TMontgomery, BPowell
WR...JJones, BCooks, JEdelman, JCrowder, WFuller
TE...JReed
D/ST...Seattle
PK...MCrosby, BMcManus
Bill Cleavenger