9 Spots Left: Sept. 2 NY Live $400 Draft Champions

76erfan

Re: Saturday Night Sept. 2 In New York - What Should We Do?

Post by 76erfan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:20 pm

I mean id coordinate the grid iron if you need an east coast person to do it......id just have to have KJ teach me the rules:)

but im not stuck on gridiron....Id do anything as long as it doesn't make for a really late night(have to catch a bus home)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Don Draper wrote:I would definitely do a live D.C. if it was 35 rounds and tied to the overall
I'm definitely game for a $400 DC that's part of the overall if that's what folks want. 35 rounds and we'll get it done. If that's the way folks wanna go let's do it.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:26 pm

76erfan wrote:I mean id coordinate the grid iron if you need an east coast person to do it......id just have to have KJ teach me the rules:)

but im not stuck on gridiron....Id do anything as long as it doesn't make for a really late night(have to catch a bus home)
We could handle the logistics of the weekly prizes if needed. Basically if you get $16,000 in bidding for draft spots in the first and second rounds, you give $1,000 to each of the 16 weekly winners. We could handle that if needed now that we'll have the Player Accounts for winnings (starts with baseball payouts).

Gridiron format or $400 DC makes the most sense.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Stand alone 12 team 28 round DC, take about 2 hours to complete. 90% payout. Chances are, this league winner won't have a sniff at the overall, so why worry about it. $500 entry, pay 3 places. 10% of something is more than 20% of nothing... 8-)
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Marc Quitsch

Post by Marc Quitsch » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Hey fellas. I would consider taking a trip to Manhattan for a $400 DC. I don't look at the messageboards much anymore, so I emailed Tom to keep me in the loop if something is set in stone. We did the entire Throwback draft 2 years ago in under TWO HOURS. This shouldn't be too long.
*NFFC Charter Member
*Member of the infamous Chum Chum Club
*"That Guy" with a marble notebook at live drafts, instead of a laptop

zucca

Post by zucca » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Ok, does this mean that the throwback is officially cancelled now? That was one of my favorite leagues the last two years...

Out of the ideas mentioned in this thread, here are the ones I'd commit to doing right now (In order of preference)

1. THROWBACK
2. "Gridiron" DC league
3. Private 26-Round DC (I'd be willing to do anything from a $400 buy-in up to the standard $1200 buy-in for the live DC's)
4. $400 35-Round DC for the national contest.

An auction would probably take too long, and a lower stakes standard 12-team Satellite or Live-OC league, with a lot of the people I just drafted against in the Primetime, seems like a letdown following the Primetime drafts.

For the gridiron, were you guys thinking of it being for about half of the buy-in for KJ's leagues in Vegas? (i.e. Having a $750 + Draft slot bidding buy-in, basing season-long prizes on a $500 price point, and having $250+draft slot bids for each player go in to the weekly pool.)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:02 pm

We haven't cancelled the Throwback Mike but interest has hit a wall so I'm looking at other options. Keep the suggestions coming. I'll narrow the list down and we'll go from there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:34 pm

I was staying in NYC thursday night, Friday night and was going to chill a little saturday morning and bounce.......

but if you guys do a DC Auction or another Auction on saturday night.......I would be down..

keep me posted Tom or Andy if the saturday night turns into any type of auction.......im down and would stay another night for that :)
I.W
Johnny Frisella

pjoner

Post by pjoner » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:56 am

I would be interested in a Saturday night DC

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:03 pm

OK based on the feedback I think we can narrow this down to two options if we cancel the Throwback:

1. A $750 Live Draft Champions. 26 rounds
2. A $400 Draft Champions that is part of the overall contest. 35 rounds

For those interested please rank these two options and we'll go from there. You can post here or email me. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich