Greg/Tom $50 NFFC Auction-Tuesday 7/11@8PM(post analysis)

76erfan

Re: Greg/Tom $50 NFFC Auction-Tuesday 7/11@8PM(post analysis

Post by 76erfan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:17 pm

fyi...Tom informed me the rosters are loaded to nffc.......

Route C

Post by Route C » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:48 pm

76erfan wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Great job by everyone last night and kudos to RT Sports for excellent auction software. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to try an online auction. I love the new way to bid +$1 the way they have it now. Really good.

It was also fun to participate in an auction with no ADVs or previous auction results. We were all establishing values on our own. Really a lot of fun for 3+ hours.

I went in hoping to load up on WRs and looking for bargain RBs. I actually sat back for awhile as others bid up the early stars and had the most money before the first break to grab some guys I liked. After a mid-auction spending spree, I hope I have enough depth to contend. Here's my team:

The Commish
QB - Derek Carr $7
QB - Andy Dalton $5

RB - Leonard Fournette $23
RB - Marshawn Lynch $19
RB - Paul Perkins $9
RB - Gio Bernard $3
RB - Jamaal Charles $2
RB - Jamaal Williams $2
RB - Dion Lewis $1

WR - Julio Jones $46
WR - DeAndre Hopkins $30
WR - Martavis Bryant $16
WR - Jordan Matthews $11
WR - Tyler Lockett $3
WR - Marquise Lee $2
WR - Breshad Perriman $2

TE - Martellus Bennett $12
TE - Evan Engram $2

K - Matt Bryant $3
D - Seattle $2
You will be smiling end of year with Carr for 7 bucks.
Martavius could be steal of draft at 16 bucks if he can stay on the field
I wanted Martellus bad, but was stuck in a bidding war with you and tom that I didn't think I could win.
paul perkins at 9 could surprise and be a viable flex for you.

I agree. Billy,Frank and I were analyzing this draft and agreed Martavius.
Bryant was the best bargain among the WR's
I think Greg did a great job building this team and although he's a little higher on Lynch than I am if it pans out this team could easily win the league.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:39 pm

Okay, what the hell is going on here Jeff? Is this like the Sports Illustrated cover jinx and now I'm going to finish last? I'm not used to ANYONE saying nice things about my drafts!! :lol:

I'll reverse things: I think YOU'RE the team to beat. You got some nice bargains late. I hope Bryant stays away from the off-field problems and can play 16 games. If he does he will be worth more than $1 a game.

It was great fun. Loved it. Loved the auction site. Good luck to everyone in this league.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

zucca

Post by zucca » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:20 pm

A little bit late to the party, but here's my team from Tuesday's auction:

QB Russell Wilson ($10)
QB Joe Flacco ($1)
RB David Johnson ($54)
RB Bilal Powell ($10)
RB Frank Gore ($8)
RB Samjae Perine ($5)
RB Derrick Henry ($4)
RB Jonathan Williams ($1)
RB Marlon Mack ($1)
WR Doug Baldwin ($34)
WR Golden Tate ($20)
WR Brandon Marshall ($12)
WR Pierre Garcon ($10)
WR Kenny Britt ($7)
WR Corey Davis ($5)
WR Torrey Smith ($1)
TE Delanie Walker ($11)
TE Jason Witten ($4)
K Chris Boswell ($1)
D Carolina Panthers ($1)

Going in, I was planning on going after Johnson or Bell, and was willing to spend up to $60. I really wanted to be aggressive in the early stages and land at least one more stud WR, yet somehow I ended up with only 3 players on my team going into the first break and getting into bidding wars over scraps in the second part of the auction.

In hindsight, I probably should have bid up Greg on Martavis Bryant a little bit more. ($16 is way too cheap, and I really needed another WR at that point.)

Extrapolating my roster to a standard snake draft, it looks like I'm missing picks on the 2/3 and 4/5 turns, but have 10 picks in Rounds 6-10. This team would probably be better suited for a DC, but having solid depth at both WR and RB, along with David Johnson, should hopefully make up for my top three WR's being a little below average.

I had a great time participating in the auction, and I had a blast talking about it with Greg and Tom on the Sirius show.

Thanks Andy for running the auction. Everything went smoothly, and I can't wait for the DC auction next week.