Is A Suspension Coming For Ezekiel Elliott?

King of Queens

Re: Is A Suspension Coming For Ezekiel Elliott?

Post by King of Queens » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:20 am

Six games! Condolences to all who selected him.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:52 am

King of Queens wrote:Six games! Condolences to all who selected him.
I'm assuming it will be reduced. But also, for those who drafted him if you can survive his suspension you're going to a stud on your team a month or so into the season. It's not good obviously but as Lev Bell owners last year can attest it doesn't have to be crippling.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:54 am

Yikes. An appeal is coming and considering that he wasn't charged with anything yet this seems like an absurdly high penalty. If anyone can figure out the criteria the NFL uses for its length of suspensions I wish they'd tell all of us. This is really going to throw confusion into upcoming drafts because the results of an appeal are weeks away. Crazy.

One of the things we were discussing at lunch was seeing Elliott drop out of the Top 24 and seeing owners in straight serpentine leagues with the 1 pick taking David Johnson AND Elliott. It would seem to be the perfect scenario to win it all if you can weather the early weeks and if the suspension does get reduced. That may be tougher to do in Third Round Reversal, but we'll see how far he falls.

Best of luck everyone.

Okay, now for the big question: Where does he go in NFFC drafts until the appeal is finalized? Post your predictions here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:If anyone can figure out the criteria the NFL uses for its length of suspensions I wish they'd tell all of us.
It's whatever the F Goodell wants to do.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote: Okay, now for the big question: Where does he go in NFFC drafts until the appeal is finalized? Post your predictions here.
I think many drafters would pass on him until somewhere in the 3rd round, but most drafts will have at least one willing to take him early to mid 2nd; so I'd expect ADP of around 16-17.

If we knew he'd lose his appeal, maybe another 8-10 spots.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Bottom line is anyone who took him prior to this in OL or cutlines, they are behind the 8-ball in the overall. Not total death, but obviously if someone can get him in 3rd round, and have 2 picks in their pocket, they are ahead of those who took him anywhere from 3-6 overall.

The NFL is making a statement that domestic violence will not be tolerated. If it is reduced any lower than 4 games, I will be stunned. I could see it being reduced to 5 games, and not having him until week 7........anything before the 3rd round is risky business, IMO.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
King of Queens wrote:Six games! Condolences to all who selected him.
I'm assuming it will be reduced. But also, for those who drafted him if you can survive his suspension you're going to a stud on your team a month or so into the season. It's not good obviously but as Lev Bell owners last year can attest it doesn't have to be crippling.
Bell's 3-games may not have been crippling, but 5 or 6 would be...my guess is it gets reduced to 4-games, which may be survivable. If it stays at 6, Elliot wouldn't be available to play until week 8 (bye week 6, would need to miss week 7 as well)!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Seems like a recurring theme the last few years with the NFL and some top Fantasy picks. Leveon Bell, Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, and now Elliot. All difference making players in real football and Fantasy. With hind sight we should have paid no attention to the suspension and just drafted them. With exception of AP of course. We don't know what is going to happen with Zeke this year. It could work out like Brady and he is suspended in 2018 or he gets it reduced to 3 or 4 games? In a Grand Prize game with so many drafts somebody is going to get Zeke at a great price. That is what is unfair and the nature of the beast. Maybe I am thinking to much into this but I think this is on purpose.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:41 am

I expected 4 games. Considering there were a number of incidents: domestic violence, bar fight, the parade incident, etc.
6 games seems high, and will probably be reduced by a game or two.
Bottom line: anyone who took him high in the draft is probably screwed for the year.
This is the game we play.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

TheReckoner

Post by TheReckoner » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:27 am

Apparently there are photos of the damage he did to his ex that are out now.... no way it gets reduced.