Indiana & Virginia Residents: Welcome To The NFFC!!

King of Queens

Re: Indiana Residents: Welcome To The NFFC!!

Post by King of Queens » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:09 am

Every state has a different perception of acceptable behavior. There are still places where you can't buy alcohol on Sundays. Cigarettes are taxed at much higher rates in New York, New Jersey and California, and hardly at all in Virginia and North Carolina. Fireworks are illegal in many states. Same with marijuana. Gun laws greatly vary from state to state. The list is endless. So why should fantasy sports be any different?

Better discussed over drinks. First round is on me. :lol:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:16 pm

King of Queens wrote:Every state has a different perception of acceptable behavior. There are still places where you can't buy alcohol on Sundays. Cigarettes are taxed at much higher rates in New York, New Jersey and California, and hardly at all in Virginia and North Carolina. Fireworks are illegal in many states. Same with marijuana. Gun laws greatly vary from state to state. The list is endless. So why should fantasy sports be any different?

Better discussed over drinks. First round is on me. :lol:
If this is what we're discussing over drinks, you have to buy the first six rounds!! 8-)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:05 am

Hang tight Virginia. We're coming home!!! :lol:

Almost there. Look for an update by the weekend. Thanks all and we're going to get this done.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:52 am

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm

WE ARE OFFICIALLY APPROVED IN VIRGINIA!!!

Registration is live for Virginia residents and the location identifier blocker is coming off now. It sure took a long time, but we just got approval from the Virginia Gaming Commission and we're good to go.

We are the only high stakes contest licensed in the state of Virginia. This is a heavy price to pay, but SportsHub Technologies is going to have multiple games in all sports going forward and we want Virginia residents to have access to these games. We're ALL IN going forward.

Thanks all. Look for more news soon.

And Virginia residents, look for an email from me tonight. I want to personally invite you back to the NFFC. Thanks and good luck.

BillyWaz

Re: Indiana & Virginia Residents: Welcome To The NFFC!!

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:51 pm

KenGill

Re: Indiana & Virginia Residents: Welcome To The NFFC!!

Post by KenGill » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:12 am

I'm still wondering why you need a license to run fantasy sports at all.
Maybe a bumper sticker I saw earlier this week sums it up best:

Don't Steal. The government hates competition.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne