Week 1 FAAB

Tom Kessenich

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Mike, let's back waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the collusion word, ok? I like Sims-Walker but the fact remains he's a very inconsistent WR due in my opinion to the lack of talent David Garrard possesses. While I wouldn't personally drop MSW after Week 1 I certainly don't think it's out of the question if someone looks at a large sample of games dating back to the middle of last season and decides they'd rather go in another direction. The absolute last thing that should be brought up in my opinion is the word collusion. Just mentioning the word in connection with this drop is potentially insulting to the owner in question.

We keep track of all the drops in our leagues. We've done that every year. I see no problem with an owner dropping MSW at this time. It's not something I would do but he is not a star player by any means and therefore there is nothing in my opinion that suggests the move was either a mistake or improper or one that possesses any shred of concern to the league itself.

It's important to remember that just because someone does something you (or I) wouldn't do doesn't make it improper. In fact, there's a rather significant possibility nothing improper was done at all. I hope everyone remembers that.

[ September 18, 2010, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Tom, I certainly meant no offense to the owner of this team. I don't know how far back you read in this thread, but I've already said that I agree that he should be allowed to drop him and that he should be available as a free agent.

Tom Kessenich

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Thanks Mike. I just think everyone needs to be aware of the difference between wondering why a player was dropped and making any kind of insinuation that the move was improper in any way. I'm not singling you out; I'm speaking to everyone about that.

[ September 18, 2010, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sebadiah23

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
A little off topic, but I'm hoping that Eric Lundgren (sp?) Made a bunch of pickups this week. to answer you question. i guess you decide. i dont want to show my disgust.

Chansi Stuckey $18
steve johnson $13

thats it. lloyd went for $333 in our league and clayton was drafted. i even pm him with very nice words but he is to much of a bigshot to answer a guy like me back.
[/QUOTE]...nice, real nice...I hope that at the least you guys are having fun in that Boston Classic league which have consisted of only 13 owners from the outset...I guess Eric's little chat with Greg and his subsequent "promise" to be aggressive on the WW to make his team as "competitive as possible" seems to have fallen on rather deaf ears here, eh? :mad: ...GK
[/QUOTE]
Considering the options at wide reciver i think Stevie Johnson after Clayton was the best aviable wide out.I PICKED HIM up myself in other leagues and didnt bid on LLoyd.
[/QUOTE]Steve Johnson okay, but Stuckey? Unless he has inside info that Stuckey and Seneca Wallace are roommates, that's pretty pitiful. Great new starting tandem to go with Housh.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

Sebadiah23

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:15 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Mike, let's back waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off the collusion word, ok? I like Sims-Walker but the fact remains he's a very inconsistent WR due in my opinion to the lack of talent David Garrard possesses. While I wouldn't personally drop MSW after Week 1 I certainly don't think it's out of the question if someone looks at a large sample of games dating back to the middle of last season and decides they'd rather go in another direction. The absolute last thing that should be brought up in my opinion is the word collusion. Just mentioning the word in connection with this drop is potentially insulting to the owner in question.

We keep track of all the drops in our leagues. We've done that every year. I see no problem with an owner dropping MSW at this time. It's not something I would do but he is not a star player by any means and therefore there is nothing in my opinion that suggests the move was either a mistake or improper or one that possesses any shred of concern to the league itself.

It's important to remember that just because someone does something you (or I) wouldn't do doesn't make it improper. In fact, there's a rather significant possibility nothing improper was done at all. I hope everyone remembers that. This specific conversation has moved off-line for the time being. Stay tuned for an update.

larry schechter

Week 1 FAAB

Post by larry schechter » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:13 am

There's nothing improper about the move, but it was dumb, very dumb.

Yes, MSW is inconsistent, and he's extremely injury prone; and for those reasons, many--including me--would avoid him on draft day. But for somebody who thought he was worth a #4-5 on daft day to simply drop him after one week, IMO, is extremely dumb.

larry schechter

Week 1 FAAB

Post by larry schechter » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:38 am

actually, that move is so stupid that maybe I'm just naive, and it is an improper move. For the online leagues, it would be simple for people who know each other to sign-up for the same league and try to collude.

Sebadiah23

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:03 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by larry schechter:
actually, that move is so stupid that maybe I'm just naive, and it is an improper move. For the online leagues, it would be simple for people who know each other to sign-up for the same league and try to collude. ...GK [/QUOTE]Expect an update tomorrow.

abruski17

Week 1 FAAB

Post by abruski17 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Am I right in understanding that a player on I.R. was kept on the roster while MSW was dropped?