Week 1 KILL SHOT

TR

Re: Week 1 KILL SHOT

Post by TR » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:17 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:That's the Great thing about life you can make it about whatever you want. Fantasy football should be about having fun, talking trash, and bragging about your team. The reason these boards have died is because they are lacking those elements anymore. Everybody is treating it like a business or getting offended. I post and don't give a crap about what anybody thinks but I don't want to be offensive of course. So when a Debbie Downer post some lame crap like you did I don't care :lol: . I just move along and enjoy my life.
Re: What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?
Postby David U Kennedy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:31 am

TR wrote:
I might by August rank WR like this
1. Dez Bryant
2. Calvin- only cuz of knee concerns
3. Julio
4. Green
5. D. Thomas
6. B. Marshall
7. Flash Gordon reluctantly with possible suspension issues.
After that 8-20 look very comparable and hard to rank. Lots can happen and no home run type players in my eyes. Brown had a fabulous year but he was very average with Wallace around. Who knows maybe Roddy White re-emerges in to top ten?? Cobb could be a top ten. If Arizona figures out how to block for Carson then Larry becomes a top 5.

Yet u have Julio ranked only 1 spot behind Calvin...no concerns over Julio's far more serious injury and surgery? And the whole pt is Walace is NOT around...Antonio Brown got the feature role in Haley's offense that Wallace had his last year in pittsburgh. We saw what happened to Wallace when he left for miami...Antonio Brown the more rounded receiver and much better fit for the Haley offense..Steelers made the right decision keeping him..if only a bills receiver could be so average eh...LOL[/quote]

Brown is a nice player but no Calvin, Larry, or Dez. He has opportunity but it could change with decent Rookie or free agent pick up. I've seen too many Flashes in the pan. Antonio is last years gem. Time to dig another. Stevie Johnson is just as good as Brown. Woods is very nice too. Bills will be much improved. Wallace will be a nice bargain as well. Him and Tannehill will get better.

I will put D. Thomas First overall if Decker Leaves VIA Free Agency!!!
David U Kennedy

HEY MR KENNEDY...REMEMBER THIS 1? LOLOL

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:03 pm

I hope nobody pulls up my old posts lol.

I do agree that I wish the boards were more active here. I rarely even look at them anymore. I remember 6-7 years ago when I would log in every time I had a free minute.

Wayne

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:04 pm

Bring back Snake?

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:09 pm

TR you must be my biggest FAN digging up that far back. If you don't put your balls out sometimes you never really gain. We all hit n miss. I at least want to take that SWING. Love life and surround yourself with LOVE. Key to LIFE.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:42 am

Maybe we can start a 100+ page thread on whether or not DeShaun Watson has the necessary QB tools to survive in the NFL? Oh wait... we did that before. :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 am

Coltsfan wrote:I hope nobody pulls up my old posts lol.

I do agree that I wish the boards were more active here. I rarely even look at them anymore. I remember 6-7 years ago when I would log in every time I had a free minute.

Wayne
We're here to talk football anytime you want Wayne. Times have changed, but let's talk football right now.

I don't miss the old days of the Hatfields and The McCoys. That's for sure. And there's no need for the chest pumping anymore from obscure owners because everyone has track records in the NFFC now. That leaves us with promotions for NFFC contests and football talk. Let's start the football talk.

I just told King of Queens I'm starting a thread this morning about the need to end Thursday Night Football. Last night was a perfect reason for it. Let me know if you agree.

Oh, and one more thing: In the old days when a guy like Marc Quitsch won a free entry into the NFFC there'd be 20+ posts congratulating him. Even at the end of the season when someone won the Classic overall title, there'd be 20 congratulatory posts. Even the good posts have disappeared not only from our boards but all high-stakes boards. That's baffling to me. I'm shocked that more people don't congratulate the winners anymore.

But the times, they are a changin'. Let's get back to the old days, at least on the congratulatory side.

CONGRATS MARC!! Welcome back to the NFFC in New York City and back to either the NFFC Classic or Primetime. Great win in Week 1!! :D :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:28 pm

Chest pumping from obscure owners Greg? If that's a reference to me and some of your customers then you should take a step back. I've been competing in Nffc since 2003. I played in the Classic for 3 years did a primetime and done multiple online leagues for 12 years. I've spent a couple grand for a longtime each year here. I didn't play Nffc this year for the first time in over 12 years. I will be back and just trying different formats this year. I don't think you should be so condescending for business purposes.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:31 pm

This is a fantasy football mess board why wouldn't we talk about our teams. My chest pumping was related to the Hunt conversation.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:10 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:Chest pumping from obscure owners Greg? If that's a reference to me and some of your customers then you should take a step back. I've been competing in Nffc since 2003. I played in the Classic for 3 years did a primetime and done multiple online leagues for 12 years. I've spent a couple grand for a longtime each year here. I didn't play Nffc this year for the first time in over 12 years. I will be back and just trying different formats this year. I don't think you should be so condescending for business purposes.
I think you took this the wrong way, but it's okay. In fact, this type of response is what Wayne was looking for!!

Obscure owners meant those first-year owners who nobody knew if they were any good or not at this fine hobby. And everyone said they were the greatest fantasy football mind around until the first season hit and we learned quickly who were the best of the best. That's the time I was talking about. After 14 years, the smack talk is no longer needed or expected because everyone's track records speak for themselves.

You seemed to take this reference personally. :shock: Never had you in mind but I did have some folks in mind.

We started in 2004, not 2003. Just being factual here.

Carry on. Thanks for the KILL SHOT.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Greg,

In regards to the congratulations posts, I think that a lot of us have each other's phone numbers so we end up texting each other direct. There is much more of that today than there used to be. Honestly this contest has brought together people from all over the US that are all great friends. So we email, text, and call back and forth. That all started here.

With the being said it would be nice to get to know more people in the NFFC community. And the best way for that to happen is probably here on the boards. I"m open to talking football anytime and I have no problem at all with somebody having a differing opinion. I"m only right 35.6% of the time....(OK, it's probably not that much but a guy can dream.)

All I know is that every year I lose a lot of leagues. And it's not always to the guys in the "old timers' club. It's to names I've never heard of that take chances or make controversial picks and then they kick my butt. So let's get these boards going again. In fact, why not have Tom start it off! Tell us what happened week 1 Tom! I always enjoy those posts!

Wayne