Week 1 KILL SHOT

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Week 1 KILL SHOT

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Coltsfan wrote:Greg,

In regards to the congratulations posts, I think that a lot of us have each other's phone numbers so we end up texting each other direct. There is much more of that today than there used to be. Honestly this contest has brought together people from all over the US that are all great friends. So we email, text, and call back and forth. That all started here.

With the being said it would be nice to get to know more people in the NFFC community. And the best way for that to happen is probably here on the boards. I"m open to talking football anytime and I have no problem at all with somebody having a differing opinion. I"m only right 35.6% of the time....(OK, it's probably not that much but a guy can dream.)

All I know is that every year I lose a lot of leagues. And it's not always to the guys in the "old timers' club. It's to names I've never heard of that take chances or make controversial picks and then they kick my butt. So let's get these boards going again. In fact, why not have Tom start it off! Tell us what happened week 1 Tom! I always enjoy those posts!

Wayne
I totally agree and that was my first thought about fewer Message Board posts. Social media in all its forms have replaced the boards as the way to reach out to members you know.

Getting to know more members would be helpful. Let's do that.

As for Tom, he will have his Monday Morning Thoughts next week. He took this trip hard. He's been away from work for the last couple of days. He must be binge watching shows he missed over the last two weeks or something. Darik and I had to brave it alone on the podcast the last three days. But he should recover and return by Monday. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:18 pm

Well that's the reply I kind of expected. Tom has always seemed more down to Earth. Track records are measurable but by no means a ultimate decider. There are other contests out there of course. You still obscured owners and you skirted that nicely. Now who thinks Tarik Cohen will make a nice RB3 and Flex play?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:28 pm

I'm starting Cohen over Howard this week in the one league that I drafted Howard. It's a time share at best for Howard and Cohen is the catch guy. I'll get him in my lineups.

Wayne

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:16 am

David U Kennedy wrote:That's the Great thing about life you can make it about whatever you want. Fantasy football should be about having fun, talking trash, and bragging about your team. The reason these boards have died is because they are lacking those elements anymore. Everybody is treating it like a business or getting offended. I post and don't give a crap about what anybody thinks but I don't want to be offensive of course. So when a Debbie Downer post some lame crap like you did I don't care :lol: . I just move along and enjoy my life.
Well said David U.
Seems like wherever you look these days, people are stressed out and not having fun. And for sure - there is too much political correctness.
Fantasy football is a welcome reprieve from daily life.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:56 am

Coltsfan wrote:I'm starting Cohen over Howard this week in the one league that I drafted Howard. It's a time share at best for Howard and Cohen is the catch guy. I'll get him in my lineups.

Nice. Yeah I spent 90 percent of my FA budget for him and have a feeling he is going to be great in the Bears passing game. Maybe resemble Tyreek Hill a little. Glennon don't have WRs to throw to.

Wayne

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:00 am

KenGill wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:That's the Great thing about life you can make it about whatever you want. Fantasy football should be about having fun, talking trash, and bragging about your team. The reason these boards have died is because they are lacking those elements anymore. Everybody is treating it like a business or getting offended. I post and don't give a crap about what anybody thinks but I don't want to be offensive of course. So when a Debbie Downer post some lame crap like you did I don't care :lol: . I just move along and enjoy my life.
Well said David U.
Seems like wherever you look these days, people are stressed out and not having fun. And for sure - there is too much political correctness.
Fantasy football is a welcome reprieve from daily life.
Thanks! I used to check these boards on a daily basis and they have slowly dwindled. I think political correctness has sacrificed humor and honesty. George Carlin called it the pussification of America :lol: . I think its ok to cut loose its just football.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Coltsfan wrote:I'm starting Cohen over Howard this week in the one league that I drafted Howard. It's a time share at best for Howard and Cohen is the catch guy. I'll get him in my lineups.

Wayne
Wow. If it was anyone else saying this I would be like :lol: .

nails

Post by nails » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 pm

love this post.. this is exactly why the boards suck and have sucked for the past 5 years.. I think maybe I've posted 2 x in 5 years on these boards... nobody can take a joke for god's sake.. like I was seriously bragging? or was serious? of course if you drafted prior to thurday's game you get hunt in lower rounds.. we all did.. in cutline I have Elliot, hunt and Gordon on same team.. but after Thursday, he was going 1, 2 or 3. I guess all of us that were live in vegas are idiots.

HEll, I guess dr. Roto, over at scout fantasy is an idiot as well for taking him 2 in a draft I did ... we are all idiots I guess, everyone is too serious. if we can't have fun on boards and talk a little what's the point.. enjoy your games..

and on the league you got hunt in 7th round? what draft was that? the guy the posted prior? primetime? classic? or was it a 100 satellite?
Bring it on .

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:00 am

Wayne

Nice call here Wayne.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 pm

nails wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:That's the Great thing about life you can make it about whatever you want. Fantasy football should be about having fun, talking trash, and bragging about your team. The reason these boards have died is because they are lacking those elements anymore. Everybody is treating it like a business or getting offended. I post and don't give a crap about what anybody thinks but I don't want to be offensive of course. So when a Debbie Downer post some lame crap like you did I don't care :lol: . I just move along and enjoy my

and on the league you got hunt in 7th round? what draft was that? the guy the posted prior? primetime? classic? or was it a 100 satellite?
It's a rtsports 250 league for grand prize 200k. Doing well!