Cutline Free Agent Pickups

Steel Lugnuts

Cutline Free Agent Pickups

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:25 pm

Perhaps the players that are playing in the Thursday Night game should be removed or unavailable to bid on for the Friday Night free agent bids.

Prior to Friday I set my bids, put a bid on Josh McCown and won the bid (I wasn't the only one who bid on him)...I didn't realize, and didn't really think about it, that he was playing in the Thursday Night game. Those were bidding $ I could have used elsewhere.

I know, my fault, but just a thought moving forward.

JohnP

Re: Cutline Free Agent Pickups

Post by JohnP » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Steel Lugnuts wrote:Perhaps the players that are playing in the Thursday Night game should be removed or unavailable to bid on for the Friday Night free agent bids.

Prior to Friday I set my bids, put a bid on Josh McCown and won the bid (I wasn't the only one who bid on him)...I didn't realize, and didn't really think about it, that he was playing in the Thursday Night game. Those were bidding $ I could have used elsewhere.

I know, my fault, but just a thought moving forward.
The Thur night players are available per the rules. Maybe you won him but he just doesn't show up on your roster yet. I think I won McCown as well in one but I don't see him on my roster yet. Here is the rule:

10. Bidding Time Frame

NFL players who played in the Thursday Night Game the night before can be added via FAAB, but they can’t be activated until the next week. Also, any free agent that you pick up on Friday that involves cutting a player from the Thursday game can’t be played that weekend and won’t show up on your roster until the next week. Don’t cut a player from the Thursday game that involves a pickup that you want to start on that weekend; cut someone who is still active for that weekend’s games. Rosters will be updated by 11 p.m. ET on Friday with the results of all winning and runner-up bids. Standings on tied bids will be based on the standings at the time of FAAB bid.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:58 pm

I believe you are correct JohnP, thanks for the reply.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:25 pm

John is correct. With only 3 FAAB periods in the Cutline it wouldn't be fair to remove all Thursday players completely. So we put in the rule that Thursday players can be added or dropped with the caveat that moves involving Thursday game players go into effect the following week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich