Live Chat With Tom & Greg: Wednesday At 3 PM ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:20 am

Originally posted by The Franchise:
Who has a bigger turn out, Vegas or NY.

Do you see more guys playing Online rather than drafting live and why. I think Las Vegas and New York will both be strong and I hope New York tops all of our cities. I'd love to see us back to 9-10 leagues there again like we had a few years ago. I hope Las Vegas gets 6-8 leagues again that first weekend and only time will tell what happens on that second weekend. But I think it's going to be fun all around and I'm glad to see Chicago picking up steam again.

Someone asked me if I would ever consider doing away with the Online Main Events and force people to return to the live drafts. I said that horse had left the barn and there was no corralling it. :D I didn't start with Online Main Events, but honestly it makes sense to do them. Not everyone can make it to a live event and this allows more people to participate in our events. And now that we've added the earlier Online Main Events before the live events, we're allowing folks to play in multiple leagues. I really don't see any advantage to this and I think in this bad economy we can all see how we need the Online drafts to reach our anticipated numbers. Not just us but all of the contests.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

gorgo

Post by gorgo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:22 am

What do you think of Brees compared to Vick and Rodgers this year he plays far better weather conditions and in a far weaker division than either especially as far as defenses he faces plus better surrounding cast than last year

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:31 am

Originally posted by gorgo:
What do you think of Brees compared to Vick and Rodgers this year he plays far better weather conditions and in a far weaker division than either especially as far as defenses he faces plus better surrounding cast than last year I love Brees. What's not to love? He's an elite talent in a great offense blessed with a lot of weapons to utilize. He's my No. 2 QB so I like him more than Vick and I view him right behind Rodgers. The opening game matchup between the Packers and Saints should be an outstanding game. A number of great matchups, not the least of which being Rodgers vs. Brees, who in my opinion are the Top 2 QBs in fantasy.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:49 am

Originally posted by FalconsGuy:
Thank you for the answers here. I have been doing some ADP studying and mock drafting and I know everyone has an opinion of where they'd like to draft but even after looking at it from all angles I am going to go with Tom here and say that my first preference would be to get a top 4 pick, but again that's just mine. Thanks again guys. I'll jump in with an opinion here. It's all preference to what you expect to have after the first few rounds. The main reason to NOT take one of the stud RB's early in the first, is because you already know who you're targeting in the next two rounds, with 3RR in place. Also, some of the best prep is doing the $60 drafts now being offered by the NFFC. Especially, the last 3-4 weeks prior to the live events.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:57 am

Anyone have any opinions about Emil returning to the high-stakes space? ;) Welcome back my friend and hopefully you can help everyone get paid quickly. That's key for everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:01 am

Guys, who is 2011's QB in Seattle, and does it make any difference that "he" has all of these new weapons?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 am

I'll ask a few questions if anyone wants to jump in:

How did we follow the NFL off-season before Twitter? Wow, if you're following the right reporters now you can get every tidbit you need handed to your cell phone or iPad or computer. I love it. Last night the Packers had one-on-one drills and Tom Silverstein tweeted every matchup. It was like being at their practice. All of these free agent signings are also made for Twitter. If you haven't tagged the right reporters yet, add Twitter and follow the ESPN NFL writers, the NFL.com writers and any beat writer you know. Awesome.

Why is everyone beating Tim Tebow up? Doesn't everyone know that this is just his SECOND season? C'mon, let the dude improve in camp and if he starts by his third or fourth season it's called normal progression. Maybe he doesn't have the accuracy or the pro arm yet, but I don't think Aaron Rodgers did either as a second year pro. Maybe sitting for 3 years will do him good as the Broncos train him in the pro set offense. Thoughts?

Are the Eagles too good right now? Do they have too many egos to gel as a TEAM? I don't know, but I sure like their off-season pickups. Wow. Ronnie Brown was a good one. That's going to be a tough team to beat if they stay healthy. Thoughts?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Guys, who is 2011's QB in Seattle, and does it make any difference that "he" has all of these new weapons? It has to be Tarvaris Jackson. They CAN'T go with Charlie Whitehurst this year. It's TJ and he will likely run first rather than patiently wait in the pocket for those receivers to get open. I have no confidence that he will excel in Seattle, but I will admit that adding Zach Miller yesterday was a very good move.

[ August 04, 2011, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:14 am

Greg, I feel Tebow is a fans guy. They want him to succeed, but I don't see it. He does and says everything right, but he's not going to make it as a NFL QB. I can say the same thing about Vince Young and Cam Newton. Great college QB's, WINNERS, but the NFL is not college. Look at all the great passing, record breaking college QB's that couldn't hack it in the NFL. I agree he needs and will get his chance, but I can't see it. When it's third and short, his mentality is to run the ball himself, rather than use the other weapons. That's because he can't make that pass. Maybe he will some day, and I hope he does, because I thoroughly enjoyed watching him at UF.

[ August 04, 2011, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: KyThunder ]
bill cleavenger

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:27 am

As for the Eagles, they will go as far as Vick takes them. But I will say this is a GREAT place for VYoung, or any backup, to be if Vick goes down. The Eagles are loaded. I was kinda surprised to see RBrown get picked up by them. Is Harrison still there? I really thought Dion Lewis would be a nice fill-in if necessary.
bill cleavenger