Dynasty leagues

pjoner

Dynasty leagues

Post by pjoner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 am

I know this idea was floated on the boards recently. Main competitor offers them at multiple price points, is there any interest here as well?

Darik B

Re: Dynasty leagues

Post by Darik B » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Greg and I were just finalizing rules for 2018 NFFC Empire (one form of dynasty) Leagues today. Stay tuned and we'll get that info out in short order.

pjoner

Post by pjoner » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:52 am

Great, I am looking forward to it

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am

pjoner wrote:I know this idea was floated on the boards recently. Main competitor offers them at multiple price points, is there any interest here as well?
As Darik said, we do have plans to unveil our own unique, keeper-style league this season. Dynasty leagues are covered pretty well by many other pay-to-play sites, but we think that the Empire Leagues that were started by Paul Charchian and run on LeagueSafe have a lot of merit with our folks here and could do well. It's a mix of Dynasty and Keeper with an ending to each league that could be 2 years long or 20+ years long.

Basically, the idea is to set aside a portion of the prize money each year for a prize that is only won when someone wins the league title twice in a row. We may also add that the pot goes to the team that wins 3 or 4 times total so that the league can't last forever. So the idea is to build a team that can win consistently and over time. Does that mean drafting a lot of young guys in Year 1 or does that mean going for a winner RIGHT AWAY? It lends itself to a lot of good strategies and if owners bail on a team it's a lot easier to sell an open team because this pot has been accumulating for several years. You could win a lot of money for a small entry.

We'll iron out all of the rules with everyone's help here, but the first thing we need to do is get down the baseline rules. We obviously have to handle trades and come up with that format for just Empire Leagues, since we don't allow trades in any other format. So there are some things we need to iron out first, but yes we are planning to launch this in 2018. We'll offer several different price points to allow everyone to check this format out and have some fun with this. We know we need to get this done sooner rather than later since the off-season is important to this format, so stay tuned. We're working on it right now.

So yes, this will be a new addition to the NFFC family of contests. Should be fun.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:00 am

Will you go with team kicker in this format please.The roster spots for these are more valuable than in any other format.We have a extra pot like your planning for our Dynasty league.We put in a extra $25 per man into a side pot that pays out every 3 years.Makes the 3rd year a real dogfight extra $750 to fight for.Since these are closed leagues with no overall money can we buy private leagues and just fill it ourself ? Been talking with my friends in my own league and most wouldn't mind doing a private one.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 am

got heeem wrote:Will you go with team kicker in this format please.The roster spots for these are more valuable than in any other format.We have a extra pot like your planning for our Dynasty league.We put in a extra $25 per man into a side pot that pays out every 3 years.Makes the 3rd year a real dogfight extra $750 to fight for.Since these are closed leagues with no overall money can we buy private leagues and just fill it ourself ? Been talking with my friends in my own league and most wouldn't mind doing a private one.
No Team Kicker in this format.

Yes, private Empire Leagues are welcome.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Spaige52

Post by Spaige52 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Any update on dynasty leagues?

Spaige52

Post by Spaige52 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Hey Greg, is there any update on dynasty leagues? Price points?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Spaige52 wrote:Hey Greg, is there any update on dynasty leagues? Price points?
Scott, we do not have plans for Dynasty Leagues or the Empire Leagues that we mentioned previously at this point. We are making great progress on the web sites for all of our sports and in the back-end game engine for in-season management, but we can't take any resources from those areas to launch a new product. We definitely know how much interest is out there for Dynasty leagues and we have gotten a bunch of requests via email this off-season for those. But we're just not ready to dive into that area at this point.

As we said previously, League Safe does a great job running Empire Leagues, which carries prize money over from year to year until an owner wins two league titles in a row. It builds up a bigger pot, makes it easier to sell existing teams, and shows some finality to the league. It also gives owners two unique ways to construct their teams: Win now or build for a championship in a couple of years when the pot (possibly) could be very big.

But I'm not sure we'll get to that format right away. Next year makes more sense, but we'll know after we launch soon. Thanks for the interest and the question.