Live Chat With Tom & Greg: Wednesday At 3 PM ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:34 am

Originally posted by KyThunder:
Greg, I feel Tebow is a fans guy. They want him to succeed, but I don't see it. He does and says everything right, but he's not going to make it as a NFL QB. I can say the same thing about Vince Young and Cam Newton. Great college QB's, WINNERS, but the NFL is not college. Look at all the great passing, record breaking college QB's that couldn't hack it in the NFL. I agree he needs and will get his chance, but I can't see it. When it's third and short, his mentality is to run the ball himself, rather than use the other weapons. That's because he can't make that pass. Maybe he will some day, and I hope he does, because I thoroughly enjoyed watching him at UF. I don't disagree with you at all Bill. And you are absolutely right, right now he isn't accurate enough or patient enough to be an NFL QB. And his throwing motion still looks forced, three-quarters and not NFL ready. We all know he will work his ass off to improve, but turning yourself from a workout horse to an NFL quarterback isn't easy. Not at all. It's possible he may never make that 40-yard sideline pass. And if he can't, then he can't make it in the NFL.

Maybe Merril Hoge is right and he never will be an NFL QB. My only point is that he has one season under his belt and NFL fans are so impatient these days that they've already written him off before Year 2. Why? Remember when the old blueprint was to tutor a QB for 2-3 years, have him learn the system behind a veteran QB and then take over the reigns? Doesn't anyone see how Aaron Rodgers progressed while sitting on the sidelines watching Brett Favre for three years? And don't tell me that Rodgers was ready right away because he wasn't. His throwing motion was worse than Tebow's before McCarthy worked him and worked him and worked him.

I'm rooting for him too. He seems like a great guy and he was a monster at Florida. I can't guarantee he will ever excel in the NFL, but I think he will be a starter at some point and then we'll see if he has the goods or not.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:44 am

I wish the Seahawks would come out and tell their fans they are intentionally tanking this season to try and get Andrew Luck. It's the only thing that makes sense given their putrid QB situation.

John Schneider is running the show there and he used to work with the Packers. He's a sharp guy but I can't believe he believes Tarvaris Jackson is really the answer at QB. Jackson is terrible. I like the Rice and Miller moves but they're useless without a decent QB. They have to be aiming for Luck in the draft next year.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:47 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'll ask a few questions if anyone wants to jump in:

How did we follow the NFL off-season before Twitter? Wow, if you're following the right reporters now you can get every tidbit you need handed to your cell phone or iPad or computer. I love it. Last night the Packers had one-on-one drills and Tom Silverstein tweeted every matchup. It was like being at their practice. All of these free agent signings are also made for Twitter. If you haven't tagged the right reporters yet, add Twitter and follow the ESPN NFL writers, the NFL.com writers and any beat writer you know. Awesome.

Why is everyone beating Tim Tebow up? Doesn't everyone know that this is just his SECOND season? C'mon, let the dude improve in camp and if he starts by his third or fourth season it's called normal progression. Maybe he doesn't have the accuracy or the pro arm yet, but I don't think Aaron Rodgers did either as a second year pro. Maybe sitting for 3 years will do him good as the Broncos train him in the pro set offense. Thoughts?

Are the Eagles too good right now? Do they have too many egos to gel as a TEAM? I don't know, but I sure like their off-season pickups. Wow. Ronnie Brown was a good one. That's going to be a tough team to beat if they stay healthy. Thoughts? Couldnt agree with you more than Tebow Greg. The guy hasnt even had a chance. Personally, I believe he is attacked so much because he is a
Christian athlete and a wonderful person, and that threatens many folks.

He is a proven winner and leader and that is not measured by throwing motion and accuracy and blah-blah-blah......

Rivers throws like a girl and he's come pretty far
I'd say. It's funny to here all these so called QB experts come out and criticize him like Merrill Hoge. What does he know? All he was good at was getting concussions.

So I have no opinion as you can see :cool:

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:50 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I wish the Seahawks would come out and tell their fans they are intentionally tanking this season to try and get Andrew Luck. It's the only thing that makes sense given their putrid QB situation.

John Schneider is running the show there and he used to work with the Packers. He's a sharp guy but I can't believe he believes Tarvaris Jackson is really the answer at QB. Jackson is terrible. I like the Rice and Miller moves but they're useless without a decent QB. They have to be aiming for Luck in the draft next year. Tom

So are you saying that the Seahawks will intentionally lose games this year? Or, do you think that they know Tjax is so bad that he will do that without trying?

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:53 am

[QUOTE]
I'm rooting for him too. He seems like a great guy and he was a monster at Florida. I can't guarantee he will ever excel in the NFL, but I think he will be a starter at some point and then we'll see if he has the goods or not. IMO, at some point, he'll start this year. I hope he gets all the chances possible. The NFL needs players like Tebow. My concern is he doesn't get pushed into it because of who he is. Living here in the Midwest, esp, KY, it doesn't take much to be considered a GOD. I'm not sure Denver is much different. Look at PManning in Indy. I don't want him to be set up to fail. Just let it play out, and see what happens.

Andrew Luck is being set up to fail, as we speak. The season hasn't started yet, and the pundits are already talking about some teams TANKING the season, just to get Luck with the first pick NEXT year. We haven't even played a frigging game yet, and that's all they have to talk about. That's such BS, and I refuse to listen to it.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:53 am

Joe, I saw Rivers throw at the Rookie Photo Shoot before his first year and I couldn't believe it. I thought, "this guy has no chance in the NFL. NONE." What a weird throwing motion and with little velocity. Rodgers' throwing motion in college was awful too and that's why so many teams passed on him. Everyone knew they would have to change his three-quarters throwing motion and look at him now.

Give Tebow three years before calling him a bust. If he looks the same and can't sit in the pocket, then okay, he didn't work out. But I'm not there yet. And Rivers is a good example Joe.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:56 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

John Schneider is running the show there and he used to work with the Packers. He's a sharp guy but I can't believe he believes Tarvaris Jackson is really the answer at QB. Jackson is terrible. I like the Rice and Miller moves but they're useless without a decent QB. They have to be aiming for Luck in the draft next year. Tom

So are you saying that the Seahawks will intentionally lose games this year? Or, do you think that they know Tjax is so bad that he will do that without trying?
[/QUOTE]The latter but having TJax sure helps the former.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

southpaw24

Post by southpaw24 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:05 am

I'll ask a few questions if anyone wants to jump in:

How did we follow the NFL off-season before Twitter? Wow, if you're following the right reporters now you can get every tidbit you need handed to your cell phone or iPad or computer. I love it. Last night the Packers had one-on-one drills and Tom Silverstein tweeted every matchup. It was like being at their practice. All of these free agent signings are also made for Twitter. If you haven't tagged the right reporters yet, add Twitter and follow the ESPN NFL writers, the NFL.com writers and any beat writer you know. Awesome.

Is there a list somewhere to quickly add these to my twitter? When I search "nfl.com", I get well, nfl.com and nflnetwork.com. How do I get to the beat writers?
Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:13 am

Get:
John Clayton
Adam Schefter
Chris Mortenson
Albert Breer
Jason LaCanfora
For the Packers: Tom Silverstein
Bob McGinn

Others can add to this, but these are the guys I'm following.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 am

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
Has Randy Moss played his last game in the NFL? If you think Randy Moss is really retired, check out John Clayton's latest tweet: "For those asking about Randy Moss sightings in different towns around the league, they aren't true. He's retired until he gets right offer."

Others have said he will wait for New England to call. Either way, I just don't think he's totally retired. I'm not sure he's still a worthy NFL receiver, but you know someone will come knocking at some point this season. Clayton certainly thinks so.