Live Chat With Tom & Greg: Wednesday At 3 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:53 am

As far as Twitter, I follow beat writers from every NFL team so there's too many to mention. But you can search by the team name or hashtags (i.e. #Texans) and that should help guide you in the right direction. In addition to the ones Greg listed, here are some of the others I follow for NFL news:

@CollinsworthNBC
@jawsespn
@davegoldberg84
@Jay_Glazer
@michaelombardi
@ProFootballTalk
@RossTuckerNFL
@hansonscott
@DonBanks
@gregcosell

[ August 05, 2011, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

southpaw24

Post by southpaw24 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:41 am

Thanks guys, I did find several using the team name like you mentioned.
Not sure why I didn't start doing this before.

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:14 am

Someone asked me if I would ever consider doing away with the Online Main Events and force people to return to the live drafts. I said that horse had left the barn and there was no corralling it. [Big Grin] I didn't start with Online Main Events, but honestly it makes sense to do them. Not everyone can make it to a live event and this allows more people to participate in our events. And now that we've added the earlier Online Main Events before the live events, we're allowing folks to play in multiple leagues. I really don't see any advantage to this and I think in this bad economy we can all see how we need the Online drafts to reach our anticipated numbers. Not just us but all of the contests.

Then my ? is whats the minimum number of Live participants before you go totally online? It will happen over time which is sad for the Live events. A plus for the NFFC as far as cost, but a bummer for the true hardcore ballers who like the experience of drafting live.

AA
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:33 am

Originally posted by A.A:
Someone asked me if I would ever consider doing away with the Online Main Events and force people to return to the live drafts. I said that horse had left the barn and there was no corralling it. [Big Grin] I didn't start with Online Main Events, but honestly it makes sense to do them. Not everyone can make it to a live event and this allows more people to participate in our events. And now that we've added the earlier Online Main Events before the live events, we're allowing folks to play in multiple leagues. I really don't see any advantage to this and I think in this bad economy we can all see how we need the Online drafts to reach our anticipated numbers. Not just us but all of the contests.

Then my ? is whats the minimum number of Live participants before you go totally online? It will happen over time which is sad for the Live events. A plus for the NFFC as far as cost, but a bummer for the true hardcore ballers who like the experience of drafting live.

AA
There's no reason to ever go totally online, in my opinion. There's still that thrill of drafting live and if we can continue to host these at first class and fun venues, the live events should continue to prosper and grow. We are certainly looking at ways to reduce the costs involved with hosting the live events and that includes everything from the display of the draft results to the facilitators to the data entry to the venues. In fact, my hope is that the expense of the live drafts turns into a revenue stream soon. So we have no intention of getting out of the live events space anytime soon and believe that the combination of live and online will be good for everyone.

Besides, you folks need to see me and Tom once or twice a year to see how you're aging both of us!!! :D Each year is like dog years to us and we feel 7 years older with each NFFC/NFBC season. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius