NEW 2018 NFFC FAAB Demo Video Is Live

Darik B

NEW 2018 NFFC FAAB Demo Video Is Live

Post by Darik B » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Here's the link to the video: should work on just about any browser. Let us know if you have questions. Enjoy your weekend fantasy football drafts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCGKKWyEHMg

P.S. If it doesn't open right away, try right-clicking on it, and opening the link in a separate window or tab.

ChiTwn

Re: NEW 2018 NFFC FAAB Demo Video Is Live

Post by ChiTwn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Thanks Darik.

That was pretty helpful for folks like me who haven't used the new site yet. :)

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:58 am

ChiTwn wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 pm
Thanks Darik.

You bet! Any one else have any questions regarding anything in (or not in) the video?

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Darik B wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:58 am
ChiTwn wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 pm
Thanks Darik.

You bet! Any one else have any questions regarding anything in (or not in) the video?

Any trick to pre ranking players before draft day?

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:57 am

Guys,

I have to tell you, you did a GREAT job on this new FAAB tool! It works so much more how I research for waiver claims each week. And Darik's video was a very helpful way to get acquainted with it. Highly recommend everyone spend the 15 minutes to watch it.

So many great, helpful features:
  • Compile my list of desired NFL players. Go into any managed (non-DC) league to search for them, then add to global Watch List that conveniently carries over through all my teams. Review all available free agents, sorting by Ownership % (to find other players to watch). Set bids. Filter to my Watch List and to each Position. Set more bids.
  • Drag-n-drop reordering of players.
  • Collapse Claim Lists to reduce screen clutter while creating more bids.
  • And the Pending FAAB is a great dashboard from which to review claims across all leagues.
  • Rinse, repeat.
You really knocked it outta the park with this. Much appreciated.

One minor request:
Any chance you can enhance the Change Team pulldown to include ALL teams? (And maybe move the All Teams choice up to the top?) The way it works now, you can get on a nice roll going through all your viewable teams, simply switching to another one and you land right on the FAAB page of the newly-selected team. But if a team you want to work on isn't displayed and you select All Teams, then you're back at your My Teams list, where you then have to select a team and then re-select Transactions/Free Agents. Showing all teams would save a few keystrokes for each team. Thanks.

Speaking of Dashboards, I don't do baseball, so I'm not familiar with if you added a Live Scoring Dashboard too this year? That'd be a very nice way to see how you're doing in all your teams on one page, without having to go into each league.

Thanks again for this slick, time-saving tool!
-Mike

Last edited by Sandman62 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:11 am

Agree with Mike. You have to go back to set lineup page to get to all your teams with the change team function. Rather be able to do it from any screen.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:06 pm

The FAAB is an amazing improvement. If the load times remain good it is really a nice job. I have heard this was a big issue in baseball, so hopefully no longer. I do want to point out one flaw that might be an easy fix. When you copy a bid group and then change the drop at the top it does not drop down unless you first save the bid group before making the drop change. This should not be a necessary step. All in all kudos. The new layout is so much easier on the eyes as well.

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:32 pm

It's on the list, guys, promise...I agree 100% with the request to Change Team pulldown.

As for the "dashboard", I wouldn't say baseball quite has that, but he My teams page does show your Roto points (yes, baseball) and how much you are either ahead or behind 1st place team.

Give me a good idea of what you'd like to see, and I'll try to get it put together.

Thanks.

D
Sandman62 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:57 am
Guys,

I have to tell you, you did a GREAT job on this new FAAB tool! It works so much more how I research for waiver claims each week. And Darik's video was a very helpful way to get acquainted with it. Highly recommend everyone spend the 15 minutes to watch it.

So many great, helpful features:
  • Compile my list of desired NFL players. Go into any managed (non-DC) league to search for them, then add to global Watch List that conveniently carries over through all my teams. Review all available free agents, sorting by Ownership % (to find other players to watch). Set bids. Filter to my Watch List and to each Position. Set more bids.
  • Drag-n-drop reordering of players.
  • Collapse Claim Lists to reduce screen clutter while creating more bids.
  • And the Pending FAAB is a great dashboard from which to review claims across all leagues.
  • Rinse, repeat.
You really knocked it outta the park with this. Much appreciated.

One minor request:
Any chance you can enhance the Change Team pulldown to include ALL teams? (And maybe move the All Teams choice up to the top?) The way it works now, you can get on a nice roll going through all your viewable teams, simply switching to another one and you land right on the FAAB page of the newly-selected team. But if a team you want to work on isn't displayed and you select All Teams, then you're back at your My Teams list, where you then have to select a team and then re-select Transactions/Free Agents. Showing all teams would save a few keystrokes for each team. Thanks.

Speaking of Dashboards, I don't do baseball, so I'm not familiar with if you added a Live Scoring Dashboard too this year? That'd be a very nice way to see how you're doing in all your teams on one page, without having to go into each league.

Thanks again for this slick, time-saving tool!
-Mike

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:34 pm

Yes, also on the docket..the waterfall should absolutely work on a copied list without saving the first claim list. It will be fixed soon.
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:06 pm
The FAAB is an amazing improvement. If the load times remain good it is really a nice job. I have heard this was a big issue in baseball, so hopefully no longer. I do want to point out one flaw that might be an easy fix. When you copy a bid group and then change the drop at the top it does not drop down unless you first save the bid group before making the drop change. This should not be a necessary step. All in all kudos. The new layout is so much easier on the eyes as well.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Darik B wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:32 pm
As for the "dashboard", I wouldn't say baseball quite has that, but the My teams page does show your Roto points (yes, baseball) and how much you are either ahead or behind 1st place team.

Give me a good idea of what you'd like to see, and I'll try to get it put together.
Thanks for asking Darik. I posted some ideas in a separate thread: https://playnffc.sportshubtech.com/foru ... 18&t=17136