Chicago Weekend at the NFFC Football Draft

gk4444

Post by gk4444 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:12 am

Just some more information on other places to include while attending the football draft in September!

ARLINGTON PARK RACE TRACK - THE HOME OF THE ARLINGTON MILLION
This is a great experience for racing fans and novices alike. The racing industry has proclaimed Arlington to be the most beautiful racing facility in the US and it is just a little over 6 miles from the hotel.

As Owners, Sandi and I will try to get those interested in attending during the four days, guest passes. There is a late post (3:00 pm) on Friday afternoons when they feature 'Party in the Park' which includes live racing, food and beer tents and musical entertainment. While the information for this summer's racing dates has not yet been released, I would assume that there will be a 1:00 pm post on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. If you have any questions or would like to have us attempt to secure passes for you, please send an e-mail to Sandi direct (she's better at handling this than I and we don't want to clog up the message boards). Her e-mail address is [email protected].

RESTAURANTS

Seafood: Bob Chinn's in Wheeling - The best seafood you'll find anywhere--shipped in fresh daily. It is very casual, the best garlic rolls anywhere and Jose makes a mean drink.

Italian: Two great restaurants in the Schaumburg area. The famous Rosebud from Chicago recently opened one in this suburg. A bit noisy but the same good food as the original in the old Italian neighborhood at Taylor and Halsted.

The other is Maggiano's...a chain but great food and hugh portions.

Steakhouse and Continental: A bit of a distance but very well worth the drive. It is near Ohare airport--Rosewood Retaurant on Higgins & River Roads. The best food and service anywhere in the Chicago area. Great ambiance and guaranteed--you can't go wrong with the food or service.

Chinese: P.F. Changs, a China bistro. We love the unique combination of Chinese cuisine, wine and desserts, all wrapped up into one with a great atmosphere as well.

Mexican: Fuego Mexican Grill & Margarita. The name says it all. Great food and the best Margaritas around not to mention the Cornona.

I'm looking forward to baseball but it won't be long for football. Please let us know if we'll be seeing you at Arlington Park!!!

Good luck in your Fantasy endeavors!

George
George

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:13 am

Great post George as this will help everyone prepare for Draft Day in the Windy City. But truth be told, Sandi typed all this!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:50 am

I've been told that there is a big conference at the Renaissance that weekend and rooms are already tough to get as the hotel may be sold out. If that's the case, there are other hotels in the area worth trying:

Embassy Suites Schaumburg:
1939 North Meacham Road
Schaumburg, IL
(847) 397-1313

The Radisson Schaumburg:
1725 E Algonquin Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173
(847) 397-1500

Hyatt Regency Woodsfield:
1800 East Golf Road
Schaumburg, Illinois, USA 60173
(847) 605-1234
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:51 am

George, thanks for the nice post! I may change my venue just so I can see AP.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:48 pm

I'd like to hear where some of the guys are staying. Dave G? Where you stayin bro?
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
I'd like to hear where some of the guys are staying. Dave G? Where you stayin bro? Not sure yet. Let's talk for sure as it gets closer. Last year was a lot of fun - that restaurant was great, too.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ