Tim Tebow - update - Tebow to the JETS

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:25 am

I sort of feel sorry for Sanchez. His big claim to fame was his "pretty boy" looks. Now a bigger, stronger and from what my wife says, better looking QB rolls into town. Now he has no claim to fame....

[ March 23, 2012, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:39 am

I am saying YES, they are better off with a backup QB that doesn't conflict with the starting QB. The Packers would have tried to convince Favre and Rodgers to stay together if what you say is true, one lighting a fire under the other's butt. Montana would have never been a Chief. Manning never a Bronco.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

bobsgym

Post by bobsgym » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:01 am

Rex Ryan is treating Sanchez worse than Buffalo Bill treated Catherine (it rubs the lotion ...).

He'd cut him but it wouldn't be cruel enough.
Wayne Ellis's Waterboy

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:29 am

If Tebow starts, I don't see how anyone could even consider drafting Holmes before round 10.

[ March 23, 2012, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 am

If Sanchez can't take the heat, he shouldn't be in the kitchen. Nice way for the Jets to find out what Sanchez is made of. If this messes with his head and affects his play, he shouldn't be starting anyway...

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:37 am

I'm suprised to see more of the same opinions, as far as bringing Tebow in to light a fire under Sanchez' butt. I know it may sound like a good idea, but let's see if YOU work harder if I bring someone in to possibly take your position in whatever occupation you are in. Let's see if it makes you a more productive worker if someone is right behind you, looking to take your spot. This doesn't work. Please don't bring up how Sanchez makes millions and should be able to handle that. Whether you are a carpenter, banker, accountant, CEO or a manager at Costco, that's not going to make your more productive.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
I'm suprised to see more of the same opinions, as far as bringing Tebow in to light a fire under Sanchez' butt. I know it may sound like a good idea, but let's see if YOU work harder if I bring someone in to possibly take your position in whatever occupation you are in. Let's see if it makes you a more productive worker if someone is right behind you, looking to take your spot. This doesn't work. Please don't bring up how Sanchez makes millions and should be able to handle that. Whether you are a carpenter, banker, accountant, CEO or a manager at Costco, that's not going to make your more productive. True Dat! And for whoever asked about what quarterback doesn't want to start...I would like to introduce you to Mark Brunell...he don't want to play! He hasn't played in a meaningful game since 2006 and somehow still collects a check! Nice gig if you can get it. I don't think he actually wore a uniform under that dark green poncho he wore the last 2 winters in NY
Pat Sorge

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 am

What I saw out of the Jets last year was Sanchez taking a small step backwards, because the running game and/or offensive line has been awful, AND their defense last year was terribly over rated. If the defense was what we all thought it was, and the running game had ANY kind of stability, Sanchez would have progressed.

*How many games did the Superbowl Champion NY Giants lose in a row last year before getting it together and becoming world champs? Was there ever a question about benching Eli? Confidence in your QB is vital.

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:28 am

I'm suprised to see more of the same opinions, as far as bringing Tebow in to light a fire under Sanchez' butt. I know it may sound like a good idea, but let's see if YOU work harder if I bring someone in to possibly take your position in whatever occupation you are in. Let's see if it makes you a more productive worker if someone is right behind you, looking to take your spot. This doesn't work. Please don't bring up how Sanchez makes millions and should be able to handle that. Whether you are a carpenter, banker, accountant, CEO or a manager at Costco, that's not going to make your more productive. Ok so we are talking Mark Sanchez.. a below average, at best, QB, who in many Jets fans eyes, before Tebow got here, didn't deserve an extension, needed to prove himself, had taken a huge step back last year, and should be given 1 more year to prove himself to be worthy or let loose. So, in my eyes, yes, if you are not cutting it in your job and your employer wants to light a fire under your ass, you hire someone who might be a threat, so maybe you either work a little harder or you get canned. We aren't talking about Brady or Brees or Rodgers... We are talking about Mark Sanchez. Put things into perspective. There is a good chance he turns it around this year. There is also a chance he is horrible, and that would have been if Tebow were here or not. Why not have a backup plan, in case your below average QB doesn't cut it? Most smart business people have a backup plan if their main plan is suspect.

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 am

What I saw out of the Jets last year was Sanchez taking a small step backwards, because the running game and/or offensive line has been awful, AND their defense last year was terribly over rated. If the defense was what we all thought it was, and the running game had ANY kind of stability, Sanchez would have progressed.

*How many games did the Superbowl Champion NY Giants lose in a row last year before getting it together and becoming world champs? Was there ever a question about benching Eli? Confidence in your QB is vital. Eli had won a superbowl and was already an elite QB. Bad comparison. Its so funny how everyone loves Mark Sanchez, all of a sudden... Its Mark Sanchez!!!!